Cunard QV Update

guernseyguy

After all, when I make my martinis, there's gin... and well... That's it!

Karie - you forgot to mention that there should at least be a bottle of vermouth somewhere in the house, or you should know that there's one at the store, or think there might be or .....:D

why not just sit there with your fresh-from-the-freezer bottle and a straw:cool:

I like it:)

Not if you stir it sufficiently quickly......but heck, why not just sit there with your fresh-from-the-freezer bottle and a straw:cool:

Hey!

Thanks for the suggestion, Peter.

Two problems.

Where do I get that long a straw?

Like fine white wine, one must not hold the glass such as to warm its contents.

I might have to stand in front of the freezer with the door open to do this.

Karie,

always taking into account the good suggestions of other connoisseurs

Am I wrong in here? I just wanted to look up some new details about QV and now ended up between straws, martinis, ice cubes, some shakin' and stiring and Mr. Bond.

I really like this forum. Its an experience for me to follow you all the way off- and into to the original and nearly always interesting topics. And I do learn a lot of English by the way, as this is not my mother tongue and in parallel have the feeling of beeing on one of the Cunarders in the Chart room bar or the Commodore club.

Carry on, its great to be am CC member, wether in or off topic I enjoy it very much.

I have actually seen some made for wine bottles at BJ's.

Cheers!

Please tell me you're kidding. I haven't ever seen them there. Maybe I need a trip to BJs today. Heck, I'm almost out of TP and could use another year's worth!

<LOL>

(Really was thinking of going there today. But I always spend three hours there!)

I hear on the grapevine that I will not be disappointed with the whistle......

Something I didn't know:

The height of the tone of the whistle is regulated by the Rules of Road and the bigger the ship is in tonnage, the lower the tone. Thus a tugboat has a high pitched whistle and a 140.000 ton cruise ship a very deep toned one.

From a HAL Captain's Web log:

http://www.avidcruiser.com/albert/

So I guess QV's horn should be deeper than the QE2's, but not as deep as the QM2's......

Peter

Something I didn't know:

The height of the tone of the whistle is regulated by the Rules of Road and the bigger the ship is in tonnage, the lower the tone. Thus a tugboat has a high pitched whistle and a 140.000 ton cruise ship a very deep toned one.

From a HAL Captain's Web log:

http://www.avidcruiser.com/albert/

So I guess QV's horn should be deeper than the QE2's, but not as deep as the QM2's......

Peter

How can that be, when QE2 has her magnificent deep whistle, while Oceana at slightly larger tonnage has a silly, chimelike thing.:confused:

Please tell me you're kidding. I haven't ever seen them there. Maybe I need a trip to BJs today. Heck, I'm almost out of TP and could use another year's worth!

<LOL>

(Really was thinking of going there today. But I always spend three hours there!)

Really..

They looked almost exactly like the picture Jgsmuzzy posted but without the zipper.

Denise

NCL?

Who are they? Are they a bank?

Matthew

I'll go on that "bank" in march 08, lets see if they are doing some good accounting.

PS: I apologize for going on other lines (banks) too and still posting in here. :)

Kind regards from the continent

Archived