Does anyone have an e-mail address from NCL to send complaint?

baf10

NCL's " pity the procratinator" the sooner you book the better the value is completely false and misleading. I do not think this is legal. I booked a cruise last week for the 19th of Oct on the Pearl and 1 week later they drop the price $400 per person. NCL will not offer any compensation. I am looking to escalate this bogus advertising to the state of florida so it is stopped and passangers are compensated because of the false advertising. 2 months ago NCL had no problem giving me an upgrade and OBC when they dropped the price.

Does anyone has an e-mail address for NCL to send a complaint? I am also sending a letter the the Miami Herald.

I'm sure there is a link on their website, although I think you may have trouble with this one... The two things you're talking about are not the same. The 'Pity the Procrastinator' campaign is not about price, it's about getting the best cabin available in the category you book, for the price of the lowest cabin in that category.

Just before I read your post I was wondering if the price was going to drop on our upcoming cruise - or how much it might drop - between now and January. On our last cruise, there were people who had booked the week before departure and paid much less (more than $400 less) than we did for cabins at a much better level... that's pretty much how it works for people like us, who are landlocked on the Canadian prairie and don't have the option of last minute deals. Everything goes on sale and different promotions are always going to be around... if nobody ever paid full price (or more, in any case) then nothing would count as a 'deal'.

Perhaps you can cancel and rebook? Otherwise, I think you're stuck with what you paid. Cruise lines are not like department stores that offer 'low price guarantees'. I know it sucks, don't get me wrong; I just don't think complaining is going to get you anywhere.

mbisson lol! To the OP. This is not false or illegal advertising. It is done all the time with all the cruiselines, and as a matter of fact happens in all sorts of industries. You must have been happy with the price you paid, or I'm guessing you wouldn't have booked the cruise. I would recommend taking a deep breath and have a great cruise.

I have never seen any other company telling you the sooner you book something the better the value (price). I think what NCL is doing is illegal. WHen I booked it I was not very happy with the price I thought it should have been lower. WHen I talked to NCL before I booked the cruise the rep told me that the ship was almost sold out so I booked it because I wanted a cabin. He said the reason the orices were so high was because there was very few cabins left. I think the rep lied to me to get me to book the cruise.

I have never seen any other company telling you the sooner you book something the better the value (price). I think what NCL is doing is illegal. WHen I booked it I was not very happy with the price I thought it should have been lower. WHen I talked to NCL before I booked the cruise the rep told me that the ship was almost sold out so I booked it because I wanted a cabin. He said the reason the orices were so high was because there was very few cabins left. I think the rep lied to me to get me to book the cruise.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the promotion is to get you the best CABIN at the current price, not the best PRICE. I believe you are reacting to your own misconception.

Sorry every cruiseline does this...it's considered an early booking bonus. Sounds like you may be new to cruising. This is not new....been being done for years and years. If you weren't happy with the price you should not have booked it. Sorry, but again, this is not illegal..I wouldn't waste your time going after anything..

Yes thats what the promotion does but but the the value is not better when the price drops a week after you book it when you can get the exact same cabin for a lot less.

OK, so basically your claims of "false advertising" then are without any merit. If you truly understand the promotion, then there can be no false advertising.

Sorry for you that your timing was not good... but in all honesty, this promotion was not for someone booking a cruise less than 30 days out... it is geared to get very early bookings to lock in the best cabin at the current lowest available price in a given category. This is would not be considered an "early booking" in even the loosest definition. Sounds like you missed out on the price reduction offered to fill the ship... very unlucky.

I wish you better luck with your dealings with the complaint department. Maybe you will be successful, maybe you will not.

I know Princess Cruise Lines will give you the new lower price. We have had it happen to us and they gave us the lower price.

Does that include promo sales after final payment that may be specified for "new bookings only"

There may have been very few left, no one knows that. You think what NCL is doing is illegal, as LVttotrv said, these are promos and all cruise lines the same as other companies use come ons or what ever you choose to call them. I think calling the reservations agent a liar is far worse.

I hope you can email NCL and get an answer explaining the policy to you.

If I wasn't happy with a price I would not have booked. There are lots of other lines, other interaries and other dates.

Nita

I know Princess Cruise Lines will give you the new lower price. We have had it happen to us and they gave us the lower price.

Sorry not true. not when it is a promotion for new bookings. I just went through this with Princess earlier this week. I was able to get some satisfaction only because my clients are frequent Princess cruisers (ver frequent I will add) but I was also told by customer service in no uncertain terms they were breaking the rules and not for me ever to ask for something like this again. They were very happy with me. lol

Nita

If you are serious about trying to get compensation/satifaction for a business practice you feel is fraudulent you would not be served to send an email. I would write a rational letter with your facts and no "drama" involved and send it certified mail to NCL headquaters, they get hundreds if not thousands of emails a day. If this is indeed what you consider illegal maybe your local attornery general can help you. I ran by my husband btw who is an attorney and he laughed for what that is worth.

I booked a cruise last week during this promotion and got a cabin on deck 11 instead of deck 2 on the bottom of the ship. It was all about getting the highest category cabin when paying the lowest categroy price at the time of the booking. The price on my cruise dropped as well, but I'm not complaining because I pefer not to be on the bottom of the ship.

After final payment, the prices usually drop to sell out the remaining cabins in areas of the ship that nobody wanted.

Sometimes you can get lucky if a ship has lots of cabins available and even get an upgrade from an inside to an outside or balcony. It all depends on availability.

Here is a probable court discussion:

Judge: Did you agree to a certain price and cabin with NCL?

Customer: Yes I did and sent in my payment.

Judge: Did NCL later charge you more?

Customer: No sir.

Judge: Did NCL give you less that what was originally agreed to?

Customer: No sir.

Judge: Please explain to me what part of the contract did NCL break or not fulfill?

Customer: They gave Mr Smith a better price.

Judge: I am not sure what that has to do with you, but let's pursue this.

Judge to Mr. Smith: Did you get a better price?

Mr Smith: Yes sir. We were not going to travel, but then saw this sale, so we called and booked it. Then we told the customer that is suing NCL about my lower rate.

Judge to NCL: Is this true?

NCL: Yes, it looked like we were going to have lots of cabins left, so we ran a sale. It went well and we almost sold out.

NCL: Here is Mr Jones. He paid something different.

Judge: Mr Jones, did you in fact pay $200 more than this customer that is suing NCL?

Mr Jones: Yes I did

Judge to NCL: Why did you raise the rates for the last few cabins?

NCL: We were trying to make a profit. As you can see from our documents, we are currently not making money. Our shareholders are getting upset. Also, we did not RAISE rates, we just stopped offering the sale price.

Judge to Mr Jones: Why would you pay more?

Mr. Jones : It was one of the last cabins they had, so there was no discount or sale fares left. The price looked good for what we wanted. We are okay with that rate.

Judge, back to original customer: Why did you agree to pay what you did with NCL?

Customer: It looked like a good match for our desires and price.

Judge: One more question. If your friend had not gotten a reduced rate, would you be filing this lawsuit?

Customer: Well, I guess not. But they did give him a better rate than I got.

Judge: So, you are upset that they ran a sale and would not give you the same sale price. Do I have it right?

Customer: That is not the point. They tricked me. False advertising. Misleading.

Judge: So, are you telling me you are not intelligent enough to make a reasonable consumer decision about buying a cruise and deciding is the price works for you?

Judge: I give up!

I booked a cruise in July for a 9 day cruise on Jan 11. Inside room best guaranteed room. I was told by the agent that NCL may lower the price, but in most cases he cancels and rebooks at the lower price. Now, NCL will not lower the price and if you rebook at the lower price, they will go back in their records and charge you the higher price, even though they have on their web site the lower price. This is completely in violation to the USA laws.

I booked a cruise in July for a 9 day cruise on Jan 11. Inside room best guaranteed room. I was told by the agent that NCL may lower the price, but in most cases he cancels and rebooks at the lower price. Now, NCL will not lower the price and if you rebook at the lower price, they will go back in their records and charge you the higher price, even though they have on their web site the lower price. This is completely in violation to the USA laws.

I don't know which law you refer to, but I did notice your use of the expression "but in most cases" and I note that you didn't say "in all cases"

I..Now, NCL will not lower the price and if you rebook at the lower price, they will go back in their records and charge you the higher price, even though they have on their web site the lower price. This is completely in violation to the USA laws.

No laws are broken here. They are running a sale and said "FOR NEW BOOKINGS ONLY". They have the right. They can charge pretty much anything they want, high or low. It is a business, not a social agency run the by the government with unlimited funds.

The "law" also says if you do not want to do business with them, you do not have to.

Archived