Nachi Cocom..on your own recently?

maja

As a matter of fact, we did the parasailing. We'd never done it before and decided we'd try it while we were there. It's $55 for 1 person for 12 minutes, or $110 for 2 people for 20 minutes. We wanted to do 2 people, but the winds were up that morning and they said they didn't think it was safe to try. So we did 1 at a time, and had a ball.

Thanks for the pricing info!

Did anyone notice if they have hobie cats for rent?

Also do they have actual beach lounging chairs? We went to Playa Mia last time and they had plastic chairs that sat on the sand that were not adjustable at all - pretty painful for a day on the beach.

Also what is the website to reserve a space?

Thanks for the information.

You can definitely plan for shopping time after. You can leave whenever you want--just ask for a taxi and they'll call one for you. Ours arrived in about 5 minutes, and the drive back to Punta Langosta pier took about 15-20 minutes. There are shops near that pier. However, your ship may not be there--a RCCL ship was docked farther down, for example.

Is the Nocci beach club too quiet for an active 9 and 6 year old? Which is best for a family? Also, can you just take a cab to paradise beach without a reservation, I saw entrance is just $10? If you do this, do you have a prayer of getting a chair?

I thought I replied to this yesterday. Anyway. I was there last week and it was heaven. We had 8 other ships in port but there were only 15 people there, including us. At one point a boat pulled up filled with Scuba divers but they just ate in the dinning area and left.

We had no trouble with a lounge chair. My only complaint is all the ants in the beach by your palapa. I stayed in the pool. The hot tub was only warm as stated but they turned on the bubbles when we got in.

Our food was tasty. I had the grilled shrimp. The Guacamole had too many onions for my taste but it was good. The drinks were delicious.

Just a relaxing day or if you went up to the pool bar you could hear the music. I would definitely go there again.

for active young kids, nachi would be very quiet. no swings or toys to play with...the sand is not real sand, can't make sand castles. except for running up and down the beach, there would be nothing for them except for swimming. around the pool, people are relaxing...there is a roped off area for ocean swimming.

you don't need reservations for paradise beach, but there is another thread about paradise that would answer a lot of your questions.

OK, here goes with a silly question...

When you use the pool, swim up bar etc...what does everyone do with their valuables? This place sounds exactly like what we are looking for!

We did not have a lot of stuff, but we kept what we had under our chairs and within view of the pool. Due to the limited number of guests, we never felt that security was much of an issue.

OK, here goes with a silly question...

When you use the pool, swim up bar etc...what does everyone do with their valuables? This place sounds exactly like what we are looking for!

Have been with a large group on several occassions. Some of our group are the best partiers the world has ever known...totally focused on the fun and not their belongings, if you get my drift. We have never had an incident of missing personal items. It's a miracle, I know....but we keep going back because it has been a very safe, secure environment, not to mention the service, the atmosphere, the great drinks that never get 1/2 empty and the food is the best we have had for a beach day (made fresh to order). Everyone knows they can let their hair down and have a good time without having to be hypervigilent. Our gang is going again May 24 and can't wait! :p

Thanks for the brief review. I am so excited. We have booked Nachi for March 19th. Did you happen to see how much the parasailing was?

We too are booked at Nachi for the 19th. There are 7 ships in port that day so I am glad we will be somewhere a little quieter.

Regarding the hot tub not being hot - I think they advertise it as a jacuzzi which while bubbly usually isn't that hot - personally I like hot & bubbly

Regarding the hot tub not being hot - I think they advertise it as a jacuzzi which while bubbly usually isn't that hot - personally I like hot & bubbly

I believe that "Jacuzzi" is a brand name, while "hot tub" is the generic name of all other types of hot tubs. The one at Nachi is built into the side of the pool, so I do not think that it is a true Jacuzzi. In anycase, it was not hot when we were there in late January.

We were at Nachi Cocom this past Thursday and it was wonderful! No problems with the safety of our "stuff" - when people are paying $49 pp it is generally a "nicer" crowd. The staff is fantastic - they cannot do enough for you. Drinks were good and food was delicious. The place itself is quite beautiful - nice beach and what we really loved was the pool. The jacuzzi was not hot but after you are in for a few minutes you will appreciate that fact! I would definitely go back to Nachi Cocom anytime. As others may have mentioned the cab ride is $15 per car.:cool:

I don't think the information on this thread about having to book Nachi Cocom is still accurate. I e-mailed the manager and received a response that I could just show up and pay $20 minimum consumption.

I went last Thursday. I paid the $20 when I entered, and they gave me a $20 voucher for food and drinks. I was there about 6 hours, and my check was about $20. Beers were 30 pesos.

It was a beautiful and quiet place. There weren't more than 20 or 30 people there all day. The pool is very large and clean, and the beach is very nice.

I don't think the information on this thread about having to book Nachi Cocom is still accurate. I e-mailed the manager and received a response that I could just show up and pay $20 minimum consumption.

I went last Thursday. I paid the $20 when I entered, and they gave me a $20 voucher for food and drinks. I was there about 6 hours, and my check was about $20. Beers were 30 pesos.

It was a beautiful and quiet place. There weren't more than 20 or 30 people there all day. The pool is very large and clean, and the beach is very nice.

so is it confirmmed that you can just go there and use the beach for $20/pp? plus drinks and food (minus the $20 they gave you), or $49 for beach/food and drinks?

We plan on going to Nachi Cocom on April 14th when we are in Cozumel on the Carnival Liberty.

I have heard horror stories of people going to this type of place and having the various drinks - pina coladas, margaritas, etc. and then being ill for the next 4 days. To be on the safe side, we were planning on just drinking Corona's - do you think that is necessary? Has anyone had any trouble with the drinks giving them montezuma's revenge?

Yes, I was there this past Friday. My family booked the all inclusive, but I spoke to another group there that paid $20 pp for adults and $10pp for children. Anything they consumed above that, they would pay before they left. They had all the same rights as those that paid the all inclusive.

from what i understand, cozumel has a very good water system..you don't have the same problems the water on the mainland mexico has. at nachi, if you ask for water, they give you bottled water. didn't have any problems with the ice in the drinks.

We plan on going to Nachi Cocom on April 14th when we are in Cozumel on the Carnival Liberty.

I have heard horror stories of people going to this type of place and having the various drinks - pina coladas, margaritas, etc. and then being ill for the next 4 days. To be on the safe side, we were planning on just drinking Corona's - do you think that is necessary? Has anyone had any trouble with the drinks giving them montezuma's revenge?

Spent a week on Cozumel and drank & ate at every Beach Bar I could find. Many, many, many frozen and mixed drinkns without any stomach issues. I wouldn't pass up a good Margarita worrying about Montezuma's revenge.:)

What email did you use? Everytime I try to email them It does not go through....And I have tried different computers at home and work...

Linda

I went ahead and reserved Nachi through Island Marketing and was wondering since there are no lockers what do people do with their wallets? Since we want to try to do a variety of things here we will need to bring enoiugh cash and now I am not sure what everyone does with the stuff. Also what about cameras? We have a very expensive camera and now that I know there are no lockers do you think it would be foolish to risk bringing our camera? I am thinking now we will have to bring our cheap one, what does everyone else do? Thanks.

Archived