Nachi Cocom..on your own recently?

maja

we are one of the thatched areas with 2 loungers, there is a table around the thatched support. i had my canvas bag, with my camera...sun lotion, etc. it has a pocket where i keep my money in a water-proof baggie. the camera, we took, was a water-proof disposable. i won't take the good camera, just for the sand/dirt/water...

the whole time i was there, no one even walked near it. the only people there are the ones that are suppose to be there, you don't get any beach-walkers.

we figured we could go back to the ship, if we needed more money to shop..we took just enough for the taxi, massage, rest of entrance fee and tips. (with a little for extra).

i saw one lady, she had just arrived...she went down to the area and started to dray a lounger out to the sun. one of the servers was there in a second...he knew she didn't belong to that lounger or thatched shade area and made sure she didn't bother anyone's space.

We were just in Nachi on 1/19. The weather was perfect, and we enjoyed everything about the place including the wonderful lunch we had! We rented snorkeling & floating mats for the day. Victor was the man in charge of renting waverunners, snorkeling, etc. - and he was willing to "deal" on the price.

The price was awesome based on "unlimited" drinks. That included soda, bottled water, beer, shots, frozen daiquiries, etc. We couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more, and the service was outstanding!

How is the snorkeling? I had planned on booking Playa Uvas, but someone just said that a lot of the tours bring their folks there, they dump all their stuff, and snorkel from the beach. And the beach is small and not sandy.

The snorkeling is only a small part of what I want - I want a nice beach, with drinks and food, maybe use a pool, maybe get a masage, and decent snorkeling from the beach. I'd prefer that tour groups NOT use the beach for their excursions. I'd also prefer that the water NOT be full of noisy waverunners. The idea is to relax, not listen to whining engines.

Is this the place for me?

I went ahead and reserved Nachi through Island Marketing and was wondering since there are no lockers what do people do with their wallets? Since we want to try to do a variety of things here we will need to bring enoiugh cash and now I am not sure what everyone does with the stuff. Also what about cameras? We have a very expensive camera and now that I know there are no lockers do you think it would be foolish to risk bringing our camera? I am thinking now we will have to bring our cheap one, what does everyone else do? Thanks.

Nachi is fairly small, and the number of visitors is limited, so it was easy for us just to keep our stuff within eyesight during our visit. However, we did not do any ocean activities. I do not think you should worry too much. I do wish that they would accept credit cards though, because it made us bring more cash for the entire cruise than we would normally just because of our visit to Nachi.

Now I'm really confused. Sounds like this could get rather expensive if we want to snorkel and that, going back and reading a few pages back, there's no snorkeling from the beach.

So $49 pp, plus $15 cab x 2, plus snorkeling? We're talking nearly $200 for the 2 of us for the day.

I saw the menu on the website, but there are no prices.

If we went the $20 pp option with the drink and food vouchers, it doesn't seem like we would get more than one drink each and an appetizer each.

Maybe I should take my chances that the beach at Playa Uvas won't be overrun with tours. $39 pp includes drinks, food and snorkeling. And per their website, taxis are $10 each way.

I hate having to make decisions!

Now I'm really confused. Sounds like this could get rather expensive if we want to snorkel and that, going back and reading a few pages back, there's no snorkeling from the beach.

So $49 pp, plus $15 cab x 2, plus snorkeling? We're talking nearly $200 for the 2 of us for the day.

I saw the menu on the website, but there are no prices.

If we went the $20 pp option with the drink and food vouchers, it doesn't seem like we would get more than one drink each and an appetizer each.

Maybe I should take my chances that the beach at Playa Uvas won't be overrun with tours. $39 pp includes drinks, food and snorkeling. And per their website, taxis are $10 each way.

I hate having to make decisions!

I have booked to go to Nachi in April. I finally decided on this one precisely for the reasons you state - nice beach, pool, good food (alacarte - not buffet with flies all over it), comfy chairs with shade if wanted, quiet, not busy.

I'm told the cost for a cab is around $15 based on 4 people in cab - try to share with people and negotiate. I am hoping to snorkel as well. I much prefer going out somewhere by boat and from what I understand they have someone there who will take you out to 2 reefs and that price too is negotiable and depends on how many others are going.

I don't know if that helps but based on my investigations Nachi got the thumbs up.

my husband didn't think we would get our money worth at nachi, he doens't drink alcohol...i don't drink much. BUT i really wanted a quiet beach for me and a good massage for him. with my 4 rum punch(s) and his cokes...plus the 2 apps and 2 entrees...we did get our money worth and more.

snorkeling is another matter..the beach is very smooth. for good snorkeling your need under-water grasses / rocks /coral(for the fish to hide in). yes, they had boats at nachi...for snorkeling/diving or parasailing, they are extra. so was the massage, but worth it.

we had some of the ship's crew there when we were, they paid the $20...to save money, they kept their food intake down to just sharing a couple of things and drinking sodas/water. still spent more then their $20.

Does anyone know the cost of a massage? I was thinking of maybe a couple's massage if they do that. Also the cost of the parasailing, I thought someone mentioned it would be 120.00 for the two of us, does this sound reasonable? With not taking credit cards it makes it hard to figure out just how much cash to take with us. Also for those of you who have done this do most of you just use the ship's towels or do you bring beach towels from home? Thank you.

I've tried clicking on the links for Island Marketing to book Nachi Cocom, but the website doesn't work. I've also been to the Nachi website, but see no link on booking.

Any ideas?

Whoa, I see what you mean. Maybe they are doing some website work or something. Keep trying, I'm sure they'll be back on-line soon.:eek:

Does anyone know the cost of a massage? I was thinking of maybe a couple's massage if they do that. Also the cost of the parasailing, I thought someone mentioned it would be 120.00 for the two of us, does this sound reasonable? With not taking credit cards it makes it hard to figure out just how much cash to take with us. Also for those of you who have done this do most of you just use the ship's towels or do you bring beach towels from home? Thank you.

Massages normally run around $1/ min so for both of you that sounds right. Yes take the ships towel that they give you for pool use. As far as how much I would guess around $300 for two people.

I've tried clicking on the links for Island Marketing to book Nachi Cocom, but the website doesn't work. I've also been to the Nachi website, but see no link on booking.

Any ideas?

Email the manager here he will get you set up. manager@cozumelnachicocom.net

• 1 month later...

My husband and I tried to get in to Nachi last week - we had other plans for much of the day and thought we'd do the $20 thing ... well, it didn't work - they insisted on the $49 each, so we got the cab driver to take us next door to Mr. Sanchez (I forget the name - went there a few years ago and it was nicer then, to be honest). I was disappointed but there was no way we'd get $100 worth from Nachi.

Nachi is worth the money if you are looking for cold (unlimited)drinks, great service, good fresh food, a beautiful beach and a relaxing day. We were so happy that we were able to get away from the crowds for a few hours. My DH and I are still talking about how wonderful Nachi was. To us it was worth the $49.

Nachi is worth the money if you are looking for cold (unlimited)drinks, great service, good fresh food, a beautiful beach and a relaxing day. We were so happy that we were able to get away from the crowds for a few hours. My DH and I are still talking about how wonderful Nachi was. To us it was worth the $49.

We felt the same way. We looked on it more as the cost of an excursion for the day rather than will we get our money's worth in drinks and food. For us (and our friends that went with us) the only complaint we had was that the time there was too short. Because of time changes that our ship made, our time was shorter than we had originally thought. However, sitting around reminiscing last night with our friends, we all agreed that we would do this excursion day again in a heartbeat. It was one terrific day!

I am not sure why people think that $49.00 is such a high price??:confused:

I DO understand that maybe if you do not drink alcoholic drinks, or eat any food, it may be.

But I cannot figure out where 2 people can go in beautful Mexico and have drinks and food for 5-6 hours, if not longer for less than that....:confused:

I myself, will be there is just about 21 days and will sure to leave a review of my day. I am hoping for nice weather, that may be the only deterant.

Just my .02:D

We went to Nachi about a week and half ago, on April 9th. It was as beautiful as everyone described. However, it was very crowded. I was pretty disappointed, as all the reviews I had read claimed that this was a quiet, secluded beach--even on crowded days. Our waiter told us there were 50 adults and 30 kids there that day. It was anytyhing but quiet! Kids were swimming and squealing in the ocean and in the pool, running up and down the beach. The hot tub was supposed to be adults only, but it was overrun with kids. I have nothing against kids (we have six of our own), but we were really hoping for a nice, quiet, relaxing day on Nachi. (We were vacationing WITHOUT the kids this time.) The people at Nachi gave us lounge chairs right in the middle of all the noise and commotion, and when we asked if we could have the chairs that were in a more quiet place further out, they said those were reserved for other guests. Since we were there long before those other guests arrived, I don't know why they wouldn't seat us where we wanted first.

Be aware ... there were two taxis in front of ours who tried to get in without reservations. They had to turn around and leave and go somewhere else. I don't know if that would have been the case on a less busy day, but they were definitely NOT letting anyone in without a prior reservation the day we were there.

I guess you take your chances as to whether or not Nachi will be busy or quiet on the day you go. I have read other reviews from people who were not at all happy with the service they received on busy days. Their view was that Nachi isn't equipped to handle large crowds and probably does better with smaller groups of people. Though we were part of a large crowd, we were treated well and were happy with our service--we just wish it had been a more quiet and relaxing day.

Bottom line: it's a beautiful beach, but it wasn't the quiet get-away we had hoped for. If you go there half-expecting lots of noisy people, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

We went in August of last year. The day we went there may have been 15 people there. It was nice, very relaxing. As for the cost, my girls and I must have had at least 10 bottles of water between the 3 of us. We also had other drinks and food. (The girls really loved the virgin strawberry coladas.) So, I definitely felt it was worth the price. Water is usually at least $2/bottle. The frozen frou-frou drinks are usually at least $5/drink. So, it was definitely worth the price.

We went to Nachi about a week and half ago' date=' on April 9th. It was as beautiful as everyone described. However, it was very crowded. I was pretty disappointed, as all the reviews I had read claimed that this was a quiet, secluded beach--even on crowded days. Our waiter told us there were 50 adults and 30 kids there that day. It was [i']anytyhing[/i] but quiet! Kids were swimming and squealing in the ocean and in the pool, running up and down the beach. The hot tub was supposed to be adults only, but it was overrun with kids. I have nothing against kids (we have six of our own), but we were really hoping for a nice, quiet, relaxing day on Nachi. (We were vacationing WITHOUT the kids this time.) The people at Nachi gave us lounge chairs right in the middle of all the noise and commotion, and when we asked if we could have the chairs that were in a more quiet place further out, they said those were reserved for other guests. Since we were there long before those other guests arrived, I don't know why they wouldn't seat us where we wanted first.

Be aware ... there were two taxis in front of ours who tried to get in without reservations. They had to turn around and leave and go somewhere else. I don't know if that would have been the case on a less busy day, but they were definitely NOT letting anyone in without a prior reservation the day we were there.

I guess you take your chances as to whether or not Nachi will be busy or quiet on the day you go. I have read other reviews from people who were not at all happy with the service they received on busy days. Their view was that Nachi isn't equipped to handle large crowds and probably does better with smaller groups of people. Though we were part of a large crowd, we were treated well and were happy with our service--we just wish it had been a more quiet and relaxing day.

Bottom line: it's a beautiful beach, but it wasn't the quiet get-away we had hoped for. If you go there half-expecting lots of noisy people, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

How many ships were in port?

I am not sure why people think that $49.00 is such a high price??:confused:

I DO understand that maybe if you do not drink alcoholic drinks, or eat any food, it may be.

But I cannot figure out where 2 people can go in beautful Mexico and have drinks and food for 5-6 hours, if not longer for less than that....:confused:

I myself, will be there is just about 21 days and will sure to leave a review of my day. I am hoping for nice weather, that may be the only deterant.

Just my .02:D

in our case, we'd have definitely gone to nachi and paid the price if we had a whole day, but we had other personal plans to visit friends so only had an hour or two for a beach visit - we'd have paid 20 each for that, but 50 each for an hour was a bit steep :( Nachi sounds great and will be on my list for next time, for sure.

Archived