Kids and sign and sail cards.

scotts82705

Last fall (sept 06) we put $100 on our teenage son's S&S cards and then had their cards de-activated so they couldn't charge anything. What did they really need to buy onboard anyway? We got all of it back when we settled the accounts and let them do their own tipping. Worked out great for us. They really LOVED the room stewart. They gave him most of their tip money.

• 2 weeks later...

We prepay our tips and then our dd's put whatever spending money they want on thier account (we usually add $50 :D ) but I think they are on to us lol. They use this for the arcade, pop (they dont drink enough pop to warrent getting a card, and they love shirly temples) and souvineers they buy thier friends. If there is money left at the end then they get it back if not oh well at least they had fun.

We were foolish enough to give each one of Grandkids $250 for a 7 day cruise on their S&S card and showed each one how to check everyday on the TV in the room to see how much they had left so they would not go over - right!. By the second day our GS had spent all his money and we were being charged on our S&S account, had it deactivated really fast.

On a previous cruise, I was standing behind a grandmother that had set up her grandson with a limited amount on his sail and sign card. I think it was $100. What happened, the DGS took his new friends on a buying spree and before the pursers desk could flag the card, he had charged $400. She had to pay it. Glad I wasn't the DGS back in the room.:D

Archived