Pets on Cruises?

Aquahound

Just because you think your pet is cute and adorable, doesn't mean nobody else does. I hate it when a dog on a leash approaches a child ro adult and they don't want to be bothered and the owner says "Oh they wont bite!"

They dont stop and think that MAYBE that person had a traumatic experience with a dog and they just don't want to be bothered...or maybe they just dont like them..period. I dont like eating at an outdoor restaurant and some enmeshed dog owner has to bring their dog and the dog is sniffing around eveyrone's feet even if it's on a leash, because the pet owner is too absorbd doing soemething else and not paying attention.

I so agree with you. You reminded me of a time when I had an older gentlemen over to dinner. He was terrified of my cocker spaniel. My dog didn't jump all over him, he simply walked into the room and you could see the terror in this guy's face. I had to lock my dog in a room until the guy left. I had strong reason to believe the guy had spent time during the war in a concentration camp which caused these fears.

So, like Gathina said, you just never know what that stranger has been through when you let your dog into someone else's space.

I have two dogs that are spoiled rotten! They sleep in bed with us, they are fed high grade over priced food and treats, they have toys, frisbees and all the luxury a pet could want/need and MORE

But no way would I take them on a cruise.

I am going to have fun, to shrug responsibility for a few days not to worry abut whether the dogs need to pee, or if they have enough water or worse yet what if they fell over board OMG I would be devastated,

no no pets for us.

I am not a dog or cat owner. I had a dog most of my life as I was growing up. I loved that dog as if he were a sibling. He loved me too. BUT, there is a time and place for everything. Perhaps they could have a designated cruise ship for pets and owners only...see how profitable that would be...probably not. I don't even stay in hotels that allow animals. Service animals, absolutely...otherwise NO.

Any particular reason you felt a need to resurrect a thread that's 3 1/2 years old? :rolleyes:

Any particular reason you felt a need to resurrect a thread that's 3 1/2 years old? :rolleyes:

You beat me to it. I was scratching my head "what thread on pets is here". OK, then I looked, the thread is from 2007 :eek:

Please, no pets on a cruise ship. I will avoid hotels that allow pets as well. We don't have any and choose not to have to smell them, get their hair stuck all over us and especially, hear them. We visit them in the pet store in the mall, enjoy other peoples pets and am glad they aren't in our home, just like childless by choice couples :p

We've raised 2 kids (almost done) and to have a pet would be just like starting from scratch.

Sorry to pet lovers.

I love my dogs, but I'd never take them on vacation/cruise with me. They're just like taking care of little kids, and require or want all the attention. Even if a kennel was offered I wouldnt take them. They're better off at home, watching cable tv or hanging out watching their favorite wildlife make fun of them through the fence (wild turkeys, groundhounds, squirrels, cats, possums and the occasional skunk). lol

Pets do not belong on a cruise. they are a member of your family.

Cruise ships are not the place for them i love our dog but i would

never think to bring him on a cruise holiday, What would do with them

when you are pool side or going ashore. if you are going to leave in a

kennel on ship then leave them at home. Plus people have allergies

Heat and lots of strange people to not mix well with dogs.

It's all our fault -- we recently wrote about it in our blog's daily Poll Position post. This thread stemmed from a daily poll we ran on our homepage back in 2007. We decided to rerun the poll over the weekend to see how the results stacked up (since the results from the original poll seemed VERY skewed). The blog entries are here if you'd care to check 'em out. :)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2011/06/09/poll-position-throwback-thursday-animals-onboard/

http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2011/06/13/poll-position-the-truth-about-cats-and-dogs/

It's all our fault -- we recently wrote about it in our blog's daily Poll Position post. This thread stemmed from a daily poll we ran on our homepage back in 2007.

I don't even remember starting this thread. ;):D

But for the record, I still agree with my post.

Archived