pillow requests

betmust

:confused:

Hi,

I am new to Princess cruises. i have a cruise booked for Alaska next August on the Diamond. I was told that i could request feather pillows if i wanted. I filled out the cruise personalizer on My princess, but i did not see anything for pillows.

Can someone help me with some info?

Thanks

Bette

:)

:confused:

Hi,

I am new to Princess cruises. i have a cruise booked for Alaska next August on the Diamond. I was told that i could request feather pillows if i wanted. I filled out the cruise personalizer on My princess, but i did not see anything for pillows.

Can someone help me with some info?

Thanks

Bette

:)

Just call your TA and they can put in the request right on line. Otherwise, it is in the personalizer, you just have to go through all the preferences and put it in.

We faxed our request to Princess for several things, including special pillows. It now shows up on our booking and is usually faxed to the ship about 30 days prior to sailing. Last month everything was waiting for us that we had requested in our cabin.

Do you have the fax number I sure would like to fax in my requests.

Thanks

I also was looking through the personalizer but could not find where you put in your request for feather pillows.

Just call your TA and they can put in the request right on line. Otherwise, it is in the personalizer, you just have to go through all the preferences and put it in.

Do you have the fax number I sure would like to fax in my requests.

Thanks

I faxed our request to 661-284-4885, Princess Special Services. I, too, could not change this myself by using the cruise personalizer. Bedding and pillows is not one of the choices presented. I found it easier to do it myself than go back through the TA. Eliminated having to make a phone call to the TA by doing it myself.

Can you request a feather pillow no matter what kind of cabin you have? Or is it limited to suites?

I requested 2 feather pillows and we are not in a suite. Of course, I won't know until we get on the ship whether we will have them or not, but I can let you know soon as we sail NEXT SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I requested 2 feather pillows and we are not in a suite. Of course, I won't know until we get on the ship whether we will have them or not, but I can let you know soon as we sail NEXT SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Dixie Lee....I'd appreciate it if you could let me know the policy after you get back. I much prefer feather pillows and was debating whether I should bring mine from home, but would prefer not to.

In addition to the request for feather pillows, would you mind also finding out if French Onion soup and escargots are still on the menus and if not are they available for the asking? Thanks.

I like an orthopedic-type foam pillow. (yes, I know, there's no accounting for taste ;) ).

Doe anyone know if they have these onboard?

That's a really good question. I'd like to know the answer to that, too, because I bring mine with me.

I like an orthopedic-type foam pillow. (yes, I know, there's no accounting for taste ;) ).

Doe anyone know if they have these onboard?

I am with you on this one. I used to love a good squishy feather pillow but had an accident several years ago. Since then, my pillow goes with me, but it would be nice to have one on the ship instead.

So I'm not the only one who has switched from a lovely down pillow to a hard orthopedic one? :)

When I travel seriously (love cruises, but they don't count!), I take my buckwheat hull travel pillow, and I use it to "customize" whatever pillow is on the bed. That combination is a reasonable substitution for my Obus Forme pillow at home. I got it from The Perfect Pillow Company, they're on the web somewhere. It is also very comfortable for snoozing on a plane, far nicer than an inflatable, and not too big to carry.

• 2 weeks later...
In addition to the request for feather pillows, would you mind also finding out if French Onion soup and escargots are still on the menus and if not are they available for the asking? Thanks.

You have to request escargots...they are not on the menu. But our table requested and received. You have to make the request a day or two in advance, so be prepared. That is what our table was told when they asked about the chances of having them. I was the only one who did not have them, but everyone else said they were wonderful. Hubby had them for the first time and loved them.

French Onion Soup I do not recall seeing...but I'd imagine you can request that as well. Our waiter said they have just about anything, you only have to ask. He said they also have frogs' legs, someone at our table asked about those.

Our head waiter treated us to several additional "surprise" appetizers and the one that was really awesome was the fried brie cheese and fried artichoke hearts. I am not a fan of fried foods, but this was outstanding. They had a seasoned tomato sauce of some sort for the artichokes, it was delicious. Mentioning it here because it is worth requesting this appetizer...our entire table loved it!

Thanks Dixie Lee....I'd appreciate it if you could let me know the policy after you get back. I much prefer feather pillows and was debating whether I should bring mine from home, but would prefer not to.

I faxed a request for an additional two feather pillows, eggcrate mattress topper and our bed config to be changed to queen. When we got to our cabin, everything was as I had requested. The regular pillows were there also, but the additional feather pillows were WONDERFUL! The beds were firm and super, super comfortable, at least for us they were. The duvet was light but warm and our stateroom was cool enough that we kept it instead of asking for a top sheet alone.

I faxed a request for an additional two feather pillows, eggcrate mattress topper and our bed config to be changed to queen. When we got to our cabin, everything was as I had requested. The regular pillows were there also, but the additional feather pillows were WONDERFUL! The beds were firm and super, super comfortable, at least for us they were. The duvet was light but warm and our stateroom was cool enough that we kept it instead of asking for a top sheet alone.

Thanks for the feedback. I faxed in a request for 2 feather pillow, an eggcrate mattress topper, and a top sheet in addition to the duvet. Nothing on the cruise personalizer yet. If it doesn't show up before we get closer to our cruise date, I'll fax again.

Thanks for the feedback. I faxed in a request for 2 feather pillow, an eggcrate mattress topper, and a top sheet in addition to the duvet. Nothing on the cruise personalizer yet. If it doesn't show up before we get closer to our cruise date, I'll fax again.

Within just a couple of days after faxing my request, I did see the bed config changed on the cruise personalizer from twin to queen. I never did see the extra feather pillows and eggcrate topper until I printed my docs one final time just to make sure I had an extra copy of everything and extra boarding passes, just in case I needed them for any reason. Lo and behold, these items showed up on the printed docs but still did not show up on the website. Go figure!

I recently purchased some toss pillow covers to match my bedding. Instead of buying small pillows, I cut one of my standard size foam squishy pillows to fit the 2 shams. I think I may bring one of those pillows with me. Its small enough to fit in my suitcase, and will give my neck the support its become so accustomed to.

Archived