Seabourn Odyssey Maiden Voyage

T&T Vikings

Well before making all my plans (and not just for the cruise), I saw an email from Seabourn in the UK to my TA confirming that they had spoken with the Reservations Manager in Miami and that they could not offer a complimentary cruise on the maiden voyage, but only on the maiden season of Odyssey. The UK office specifically confirmed that my complimentary cruise, which we were going to take next October, could be transferred to the Odyssey. I made my reservation in reliance on that assurance. If they try to renege on that now, I would be more than just angry. However, I am confident that Seabourn will do the right thing.

Norm,

If your TA has the booking, a confirmation would have been instantly faxed/emailed. Ask your TA for a copy of the confirm. (BTW, agent and guest copies are sent, so there is absolutely no reason you cannot see it.)

I wouldn't wait for the fight with Seabourn. I would insist on the confirmation, as that paper is what matters.

I suspect "tremendous" interest in Odyssey by Seabourn regulars has made Blue Lagoon a little greedy. The justification they will give is that the "free" cruise is for like or similar accomodations---basic suite for basic suite, balcony for balcony, etc. Since Odyssey is not a similar ship or accomodation to the triplets, days earned on those ships do not qualify for benefits on Odyssey. And they will have a point but also a public relations problem.

If, the 'free cruise' cannot be booked on the new ship, this can only mean that Seabourn does not want their most loyal and regular customers to try or book the new ship.

Surely, people who have sailed for say 80 to 100 days will want to 'fill' their allowance instead of booking the new ship.

This does not seem a fair or correct policy.

They do reward customers who use any ship in 'The Group, with extra discount, so why not reward the customers who sail 'Seabourn Ships'?

It must be in Seabourns' interest to have past passengers also sail on the new ships????

Maybe

Eric, I'm confused, I thought that if you sailed 140 days on any of Seabourns' ships, you are entitled to a 2 week cruise, compliments of Seabourn. I don't think I saw a caveat regarding the Odyssey. She wasn't even in their minds when that policy was made. New ships come on-line every year. So why shouldn't past passengers feel they are entitled to whichever ship is operating. I think quite a few past pax would be upset.

By the way, are you an emplyee of Seabourns';)

Howard

Sorry Eric,

I just noticed on the Seabourn webside (Club Members benefits) the following text message:

Seabourn Club Onboard Benefits

Bonus 5% Onboard booking savings, plus other savings programs, on a future sailing that is booked while on board a Seabourn cruise

Complimentary cruise of up to 14 days awarded after 140 days* aboard Seabourn Pride, Seabourn Spirit, or Seabourn Legend

Special recognition for our frequent cruisers

Private Club party hosted by the Captain and senior officers

*This complimentary cruise benefit is not applicable for Seabourn Odyssey during the 12 months of her maiden year.

Well, so here we go. Seabourn does agree that past passengers on any of the ships will continue to receive this benefit in the future for all !!!! ships.

Only not during the maiden year on the new ship.

I am still disappointed, (eventhough I understand the reason).

But at least we were correct in feeling that Seabourn also feels that this benefit should extended and applied accross all 'Seabourn Ships' and the loyal customers to their brand.

I thought previous comments did not seem right or in Seabourns' interest.

(likewise, if a Hotel opened a new flagship under their existing brand I would fully expect to be able to use my collected awards in the new hotel).

Happy times ahead for all of us happy loyal Seabourn sailors.

So was is fair that my days on the Seabourn Sun and Seabourn Goddess were included in the 140 day free cruise? I mean the experience on those 2 ships at the time were vastly different than they are now (all-inclusive, open seating -not on the Sun- etc..)

At least Seabourn made it very clear that days sailed on the triplets would not be applicable towards a sailing on Odyssey for the first year..

Host Dan

I think it is more than appropriate that Seabourn said, "Listen, if you want to use your free cruise on the Odyssey you have to wait a little bit. We want to find a happy medium in relation to this unanticipated new class of ship."

The protests seem to be only that Seabourn will not allow it to be for the first year. I assume that will address everyone who is still earning that free cruise and those that are willing to wait. Hence, a vocal super-minority demanding a free cruise on a never contemplated new ship NOW does not seem to worthy of being identified as a "public relations problem".

BTW, Norm I am not saying you are "greedy". There is nothing wrong with asking and if you were told OK by Seabourn (not just your TA) then go for it. (To me it is no different than Seabourn saying the single supplement would be 200%, but then it confirmed singles at 175%. It is contrary to the stated policy, but it is confirmed so that is the way it is. That is not greedy either.)

There is much I would like to add but we are on our honeymoon in Bogota so, forgive me, but I am not going to say any more on the subject of the complimentary cruise for the time being. Nothing may interfere with the happiest time of my life. We are thinking only good thoughts! :)

I would be very surprised if the non-holiday Caribbean cruise fares on the Odyssey are not decreased before sailing. The November 14 sailing with "discounted" rates starting at over $10K is wishful thinking.

At least there's no longer the hassle of finding a convenient flight from the US to Barbados!

Received mine today. Gorgeous. The picture of the new dining room is glorious! This ship really looks fantastic. I like the placement of the large pool, they got it right; lots of room around it and it's open to the sun. The veranda suites look very pretty.

You lucky people who will be on the maiden voyage!

Jane :)

I have nejoyed the pictures and wonder about the one of the Club. Is that a fountain or some lights? If it's a fountain, is there a ladies' room nearby? <G> But then we know I rarely go to the Club, except for Liars' Club.

I do hope that the dining foom has some windows that one can actually enjoy. I hate the fact that the current triplets have the curtains drawn. I mean, it's ok to pull them shut when the seas are over the top, but on a lovely day?

• 4 weeks later...
Post #25 by "howndder" indicated 2009 itineraries would be available online for perusing today. Checked twice today....nothing.

Any current info as to when?

Hey Dooley- Been trying to contact you but don't have e-mail address. How are you and Frances doing? See you are busy cruising. Give me an e-mail at hschlesinger@comcast.net . Would love to chat!

Ted and Janice

• 2 weeks later...

Am wondering as to the interior designer is on the Seabourn Odyssey. I just viewed pictures of the new Cunard Queen Victoria.

("hand over" was last Sat. Nov. 24th) Maiden voyage in Dec.

The interior looks quite "Carnival Cruise Line" to me but I know it will be a gorgeous liner. I was disappointed the God Mother will be Camilla.:cool: ???:confused:

Many sailor's love the size of Cunard vessels ~~but I'll stay aboard our small, intimate, 200 Guests, Seabourn Sister's ~~~ I do plan on trying the new Seabourn Odyssey ~~~:p

Happy Trails & Sails

Martita B.

It certainly will be a busy day in Rotterdam ~~2 mega Cunard ships calling ~~I believe the QE2 will be along side of the QV as the QM2 will be in the Caribbean ~~~ she'll be departing NY City as I have friends aboard.

Marja, do you know who will be the Cruise Director on your Christmas Legend sailing? Eric will be aboard the Pride and Jan S. Marla & David E, upon their return from vacation, will be going to the Spirit. I don't have a clue as to the CD and Assn's for the Jan 16th, Costa Rica sailing. I have heard from several aboard the Legend TA Crossing that the "Oasis" entertainers are very good.

MB

Hi Martha!

You're right, I already corrected myself 2 minutes before you did regarding the Queen Mary!

I believe I read somewhere, that Preston will be CD on the Legend Holiday cruise, but everybody who knows better, please jump in.

By the way, I don't really mind much, as long as I'm going!

Marja

Hi Martha!

You're right, I already corrected myself 2 minutes before you did regarding the Queen Mary!

I believe I read somewhere, that Preston will be CD on the Legend Holiday cruise, but everybody who knows better, please jump in.

By the way, I don't really mind much, as long as I'm going!

Marja

Hi Marja

I know you will have a wonderful Legend Holiday cruise and I am so pleased that you are going! However, Preston will not be CD as he has left Seabourn as of Nov. 26 - so who knows who will be the CD?? He resigned while we were onboard the Legend 2 weeks ago. He will be missed as he is a very talented entertainer with an incredible voice!

Happy cruising Marja,

Carol

Thank you very much Carol!

At the moment there are 4 people on board the Legend, who are friends of mine, 2 from Holland and 2 from England. But I don't think they will use the computer while on board. I'm sure though they can tell me after their cruise who will be the CD during the Holiday cruise (and the one before).

But like I said earlier, this time I don't mind much. I'm sure Seabourn will provide a good solution.

However if somebody knows the answer sooner, please post!

Marja

>"However if somebody knows the answer sooner, please post!"

I don't have 'your' answer, but do know that my favorite guest entertainer, Mandy Muden, is flying out to the Legend on Christmas Day to join the festivities You all will have a wonderful time!

Archived