Seabourn Odyssey Maiden Voyage

T&T Vikings

Unfortunately, there are about 13 different itineraries plus the World Cruise and beyond...and I just don't have the time to do that.

Basically it is Eastern Med and Black Sea cruises until late October and then a southern crossing to Ft. Lauderdale on October 31st then a few Caribbean sailings before the World Cruise on January 5, 2010.

The World Cruise is broken down into 6 segments and then there are 2 cruises, Athens to Lisbon and then Lisbon to London in April and May 2010.

I have seen the itineraries for the first year. Imo, anyone who has cruised a fair amount on Seabourn will find it difficult to find something new and different. Except for the ship, of course. I was hoping for all new ports. Now I'm just wondering what they'll do with the Spirit and Legend, which up to now have been sailing these same itineraries. They can't possibly have all three ships bumping into each other from Athens to Istanbul to Lisbon to Barcelona. There is, of course, the 2010 world cruise, also a typical world cruise itinerary but with some interesting segments. All that said, I would probably be happy just to sail aboard her and experience what is sure to be a unique and wonderful time.

I think you need to appreciate the many "Oh, if Seabourn had real balconies" that are looking for the experience on the new ship while it also has the chance to work out all the systems for a few months prior to the world cruise. The triplets probably will be visiting some new ports.

When I booked by cabin today, I was given a 175% single supplement - so they are available on the maiden voyage!! Of course I tried to hold out for a 110% supplement and was politely told NO! Oh well, it doesn't hurt to try....

Having secured one for myself I can only respond with my own question: Is that bottle of wine or dinner worth X dollars?

I have clients that feel a $599 Carnival cruise is a great value and fills their needs and desires. They would never consider paying $2,000 for a cruise...ever.

It is a truly unique experience and just as I would not regularly spend $X on a bottle of wine, sometimes it is just IMO worth it.

Hi Howard

Patricia and I have booked a suite from Istanbul to Malaga so we will be travelling with you. We had a priority opportunity on the maiden voyage and I would have loved to be there and particularly be at the christening but, because of the way the discounts are working for us, it would have cost virtually three times as much and that would also be for a lower category suite than we have got in October.

Also, Seabourn are allowing me to use my complimentary cruise in October (or any other cruise in the Odyssey's maiden season) but not on the maiden voyage.

Lastly, she will be sailing three days after our wedding anniversary so will be an anniversary cruise for us.

And it's only two years from today to wait. :(

See you at the Sky Bar! :)

DP (cool cruiser)

I'm officially booked in an A1 for the June, 2009 Odyssey Maiden Voyage ~~~I requested the veryleast expensive single stateroom (175%????) as my frugal upbringing is screaming in my ear, "are you crazy:confused: ???"

Martita B.

(anyone want to come be my roomie?)

Hi all, just booked the Istanbul to Ft. Lauderdale and for our mom we were able to get the 125% ROS for her. Her fare is lower than our as we booked a balcony. Yea Seabourn.

Howard

As I previously posted, if you book early you can get some very good pricing on the Odyssey. Congrats!

Hi Norm,

Only 2 years. Oy Vey, I hope we make it that long;) . But we loved Istanbul the last time we were there and we're looking forard to seeing some things that we didn't have time for. What could be a nicer cruise than this for a anniversary. I guess I'll have to start researching these little Greek Islands. Interestingly enough, I have never seen them on CC E/W Med page. I also think it might be a tad eary for this. Oh well plenty of time.

Sky Bar it is.

Howard

DP (cool cruiser)

I'm officially booked in an A1 for the June, 2009 Odyssey Maiden Voyage ~~~I requested the veryleast expensive single stateroom (175%????) as my frugal upbringing is screaming in my ear, "are you crazy:confused: ???"

Martita B.

(anyone want to come be my roomie My husband and I will be on the inagural cruise.....we met you (and John last year on the Pride northern crossing. We will also be on the Istanbul/Malaga Oct.09 cruise. We look forward to seeing you again. Hope we all remain in good health 'till the ship is launched. I am just thrilled and look forward to it very much. Have a good trip. J.A.

when you say that Seabourn have allowed you to use your complimentary cruise, is that for completing 140 days?

Yes, I completed my 140 days last November so I have to make a reservation by November next year to take my complimentary cruise. Wasn't sure whether it could be used on the Odyssey but was told that was OK exceot on the maiden voyage.

Yes, I completed my 140 days last November so I have to make a reservation by November next year to take my complimentary cruise. Wasn't sure whether it could be used on the Odyssey but was told that was OK exceot on the maiden voyage.

You may want to check again because I was advised that the 140 day free cruise can NOT be taken on the Odyssey at all, inaugural or any other cruise.

You may want to check again because I was advised that the 140 day free cruise can NOT be taken on the Odyssey at all, inaugural or any other cruise.

I was told exactly the same thing. Norm, check on that quickly...and ask to see the Seabourn confirmation (not one from your TA)!!!

Jake1, no problem. 1st leg Istanbul; Mytilini (Levos); Velos (Meteora); Piraeus (Athens);Aghios Nikolaos, Crete; Valetta, Malta; Trapani, Sicily; Monte Carlo; Marseilles; Barcelona; Valencia; Malaga end.

2nd leg Malaga to Ft. Lauderdale with one stop in Funchal, Madeira.

Interesting Greek Islands and a couple of other new places for us.

Join the crowd.

Howard

Hi Norm

thanks for the info, I also wished to take my free cruise on the Odyssey I had confirmation via head office Miami when i was on the Legend in July that this was allowed so duly put a deposit down (also advised not the maiden voyage) booked on Monday for Venice to Istanbul 1st August 2009 was then told that you could not take your free cruise on the Odyssey, evidently Seabourn changed the rules last week!!.

Why is it that Seabourn Miami try everything possible to alienate their loyal passengers, when the crew on board are so wonderful, perhaps Miami should take lessons on board the ship in customer relations!!!!

can you let me know how you get on

many thanks

deb

Archived