Where to stay in LA for Hawaiian Cruise?

j02138

Part of it depends on when you are flying in. Our flight arrived shortly after 600pm, so we booked at the airport Hilton. We had dinner at the sports bar in the hotel next door, and breakfast at Denny's a block or 2 east. Then took the Supershuttle to the port in San Pedro. There are a couple hotels down by the pier if you are arriving earlier in the day.

Are you leaving from San Pedro or Long Beach? How late is your flight getting in? I personally prefer to stay in Long Beach - I usually stay at the Westin.........nice location and an approx $15 cab ride to the port of San Pedro......much lower to the port of Long Beach.

All of the cruises leave out of San Pedro. The only exception is Carnival which leaves out of Long Beach so I'm sure you are leaving out of San Pedro.

I prefer Long Beach over San Pedro. It is about a 20 minute drive over to San Pedro.

We stayed at the Hyatt. It was very nice and we walked to varous sites since we had a couple of days in Long Beach.

Keith

What cruiseline are you sailing on?

If it is Princess, you might consider booking your hotel through the cruiseline. Princess uses the Airport Marriott, which is a nice place. We've done that in the past and are again next month and again next March. We are staying there for $69 per person per night (double occupancy), and it includes the transfers to the ship at the port in San Pedro. If you are staying a night at the end of the cruise, the transfer from the port back to the hotel is also included.

Your TA can help you with it, or if you booked directly with Princess, just call them.

We did the Hawaiian cruise a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Just be prepared for a couple of really rolling seas the first couple of days, and most likely, cool weather at that time of year. Also, bring an umbrella as any rain we get usually falls between November and March.

The Port of Los Angeles is in San Pedro (which is officially part of LA). You'll be leaving from the World Cruise Center (your shuttle will be getting off the Harbor Freeway at Harbor Blvd. and crossing Harbor Blvd. into a major size parking lot. You'll see the Golden (and any other ship leaving for a Hawaiian or Mexican cruise) right away. Just make sure the driver knows you're going to San Pedro and not Long Beach (where Carnival berths the Pride and Paradise).

Long Beach has really undergone a renaissance over the years (and I recommend touring the Aquarium of the Pacific there) if you plan to stay there.

last year we left on Monarch and stayed at the Doubletree...we're leaving on Vision in 3 weeks and will stay there again. We liked the hotel and its really close. They have a shuttle too so I can park at the hotel and save the $ it would cost to park each day

Archived