Buying Pack It Cubes

wyeanni

I have been checking in to some new "pack it cubes"and all the prices seem to be the same. Have any of you found a coupon or cheaper place to purchase them.

Anni

have you checked ebags.com? Sometimes they have the discontinued colors discounted. Also, once I purchased from ebags I regularly get emailed discount coupons to use on their website--I don't think I've ever paid full price for my packing cubes/folders.

You'll love them, no matter what :D

ebags and twice a year the Container Store has them on sale.

You now get shopping points on ebags.

Remember good packing cubes are machine washable. I wash mine (on machine hand wash cycle) after every trip and put scented Downy in the rinse water. Very nice! I hang them up to dry.

Each family member has his or her own color for packing cubes.

Every October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and many companies donate a portion of their sales for research. So while the price is the same to you, much of it is going to a great cause.

I bought mine from eBags last October and happily paid full price - which is so cheap anyway - knowing that some of it went to this important cause.

Here's their ad for this year.

pickpink_hero_100307.jpg

Whick size do you use most---I like to fold also.

I'm a folder - not a roller.

When you buy a set, you'll get 3 sizes. I use all three sizes for different items. I have two sets in total and found that's enough, though bear in mind, that they're for my stuff only. DH packs his own bags and doesn't use them.

In the smallest one, I usually put bra's and panties. The medium one, tee's and blouses. The largest size is the size I use the least - generally sweaters or casual pants.

Rick Steves has the lightest all mesh bags, if weight is your issue. I really like them. I also made some bags with netting...weightless but a pain to sew. I really like having my stuff in bags (also use baggies) so the 'TSA' folks don't 'feel' my clothes. It also seems that things wrinkle less. (i'm a roller..not a folder)

Test pack this weeekend!!!!!!!:D

I too use plastic ziplock bags and roll my stuff in them. Minimal wrinkling is the result. They're cheap and don't weigh anything! I also got some mess bags at the $99 cent store that I use. They are the ones that you use for puting your delicate undies in the washer. They are great and again weight nothing!:D

I have been using the really light bags that you get from camping stores for a lot of my rollable stuff. Are the Packit Cubes that much better? They are sort of expensive.

Has anyone used those bags with the air valves that you press down to expel air from?

DON

I have been using the really light bags that you get from camping stores for a lot of my rollable stuff. Are the Packit Cubes that much better? They are sort of expensive.

Has anyone used those bags with the air valves that you press down to expel air from?

DON

We used to use the compression bags (Pack Mate, etc) but everything was pretty wrinkled even when we followed the directions explicitly. Now, we take them along, empty, and use them for the dirty clothes when we are packing to leave ship.

I'm not familiar with the bags you're using but I'm a big fan of the packing cubes (eagle creek, magellans, ebags etc). the various sizes work for my different items and I love that they have a handle, which makes packing and unpacking (and airport security) much easier. I've purchased discontinued colors on sale at ebags. Once the initial investment is made I have them forever. The compression bags, on the other hand, while fairly pricey we found sprang leaks after just a few uses and had to be tossed.

Ebags will have close out color sales from time to time.

I have purchased all my packing folders and cubes over the years, a couple at a time to spread out the cost.

Don't go hog wild and buy too many, there is a post somewhere where a woman bought 3-4 times the amount she needed, then complained about the weight :rolleyes: .

One folder and one or two cubes are usually enough, per person.

I've gotten the air compression plastic bags before, they work fine two maybe three times, then they leak and youv'e got a very expensive plastic cover. I have no idea how people can pack wrinkle free in compressed air bags, I only pack stuff I don't care about wrinkling in air compressed bags. I also use Ziploc brand, they last just as long as the storage bags that cost ten times the amount.

If I buy 1 set of the cubes (S, M & L) and then 1 Pack-It Folder, will all of these fit in a large suitcase? I'm just curious how many of these and what size will fit into a large suitcase. My large fits both mine and DH's clothes for a 7 day trip and I would love something that would keep the clothes from shifting - - I just hate when you open the suitcase up and everything is scrunched on one side :mad:

If I buy 1 set of the cubes (S, M & L) and then 1 Pack-It Folder, will all of these fit in a large suitcase? I'm just curious how many of these and what size will fit into a large suitcase. My large fits both mine and DH's clothes for a 7 day trip and I would love something that would keep the clothes from shifting - - I just hate when you open the suitcase up and everything is scrunched on one side :mad:

We can get 2 packing folders, 2 large cubes and a medium and small cube in a 26" bag, with room for shoes--we just did that on our trip to Ireland. Everything was so neat and organized in our bags!

We can get 2 packing folders, 2 large cubes and a medium and small cube in a 26" bag, with room for shoes--we just did that on our trip to Ireland. Everything was so neat and organized in our bags!

Oh good.....thanks! I also like that fact that our shoes will be separate from our clothes - I'm definitely going to order these cubes/folders :)

Archived