table assignment

jks9103

When we sail with our kids, we always ask for a table for 4. On the last cruise we were on, they put us a a table for 6. The couple who were to be sitting with us walked in and saw us sitting there and asked to be moved. They had left their kids at home and didn't want to have to sit with other people's kids. I can't blame them. I would have probably done the same thing. We ended up with a nice big table for the 4 of us. :D

Our 1st cruise on RC, we asked for a table for 4. When we checked it was a table for 8, we asked if we could change and they told us to try it because they usually try to seat like people together. We have 2 teenage girls and thought that maybe the other family would have kids also, so we said we would go for it. The 4 other people were 2 couples from Germany that spoke very little (if any) English so I am not sure how they choose your tablemates. Made for very tough communication.:rolleyes:

Our first cruise was similar to that, except the couple of swedish, and they wanted to work on their English. While challenging, it was fun, they were great people.

Just my experience but since I travel alone most times, I've been seated with whoever they wanted but now I just make my own table. Very simple to do just a call to C&A with reservation numbers (at least full names and cabin numbers) and get to eat with whoever I want. Much better this way.

On other cruiselines we have been seated with others with similar demographics, but it has not worked out that way on most of our RCCL cruise. My least favorite table was one a transatlantic where my husband, sister and I were seated with 7 Germans.

Actually, I enjoy spending time with people from other countries, but although this group spoke English, they totally ignored us, not even saying hello. After several nights we requested a change and were seated with a couple who had had the same problem with their tablemates.

I have been on 8 RCCL cruises and have always got the type of seat assignment I requested. Last three we requested a table for four that we got with no problem. All of these times we had excellent table location. The other times we were booked at a table for 8 or ten there was a mixture of ages and races and we all had a great time.

Don't obsess over table. If you go to the dining room the first day early and don't like table I am sure they will be glad to change your table.

We request table for 4 when we go with my brother as we don't get to see him often. And we don't have to worry about holding every one else up for dinner if we were ever late. Usually on time though.

We always ask for a table for 8 to 10 people. Twice we have been at tables that everyone else knew each other, which was fine, but I felt like they had to talk about non-personal things to "include" us.

On our last cruise, we sat with 3 other couples that we met here on CC (we linked our reservation #'s) and had the best time!! It was the most fun we have ever had on any cruise!

On our last cruise, we sat with 3 other couples that we met here on CC (we linked our reservation #'s) and had the best time!! It was the most fun we have ever had on any cruise!

We've linked table reservations with other CC members, and they were our best tablemates. We actually did have a CC tablemate on that cruise decide she didn't like the rest of us after the first night and switch tables ... the rest of us (2 other couples and one of the couples' young adult son) had a great time.

Our requested tablemates ended up falling in the same demographic category as our "random" tablemates, which isn't our demographic category.

When we cruise next year we asked for late seating and there are 11 of us. I am happy to be seated with others, but because of the size of our party, will we be at our own table. I guess in other words, are there tables that are even larger than 11/12. Seven of the 11 of us are kids/teenagers and probably will be at kid events sometimes at dinner time and won't even eat with us, leaving a half empty table. Is that an issue, do people get annoyed that the large tables might be mostly empty? Of course, they may eat with us sometimes though.

I think it must be a lottery:

We have allways requested a small table on our two formal cruises:

On our first we ended up on a table with five other people, a gent on his own of 93, a retired couple from southern england, a middle aged couple from the Midlands and ourselves in our 30's.

On our second - we were seated with two couples who were friends travelling together, all our parents age.

Obviously the system for matching people up based upon age groups, etc must of broken down that day !

On our honeymoon cruise, we were at a table w/just honeymooners.......so my take is that it wasn't random. Maybe they try and sit honeymooners together and for everyone else it's a little more random?

Years ago, my wife and I were on a cruise to Bermuda on another cruise line, and we were seated in a table where the other couples were on their honeymoon. We were already married, but we were close in age.

Five years ago, my third wife and I took a cruise to the Caribbean on our honeymoon -- we were with the same cruise line. We were seated at a table with a married couple close to us in range. I do think they attempt to seat you according to age.

Last month, we cruised to Alaska aboard the Radiance. We chose second seating at an eight top. One couple never appeared the whole cruise; the rest of us were close in age.

W have both cruised at other times, but these are the cruises I most remember as far as seating. However, we never had big differences in terms of age. Perhaps those who are seated in tables with more diverse ages had booked later and the choice of tablemates with regard to ther seating was more limited.:rolleyes:

Archived