If they can......then why can't they.....

What part of Pa...?? You said you could drive to it...so I assume youve sailed out of Cape Liberty? We are sailing out of there in Jan. Any advise on this? I heard something about overspray on vehicles...etc

I think the overspray problem from the nearby shipyard has been resolved with procedure changes at the shipyard and relocation of the cruise parking. I know our car had a few gray spots on it's hood after we parked at Cape Liberty in 2004.

has anyone been on Costa? How are they in comparison to RCCL? Rccl is our FAVE!

We sailed on the Costa Mediterranea and really liked it. IMO it was just as nice or possibly nicer than the Radiance class ships we've sailed on this year. It was a spotlessly clean ship and the staff was very good. The buffet restaurant was better especially the free ice cream and sundae bar which was part of it and better than Ben & Jerry's on RC. I still savour the liquor (Amarrette,Coffee etc.) sundaes with regular or soft serve ice cream we use to get for free on board this ship. The food and service in the dining room was equal to RC. There were lots of activities and contest on board and I won a few bottles of sparkling wine and other things (hats, t-shirts etc.) as prizes. The entertainment in the theater was very good also. The only thing I didn't like was getting beat at a bocce ball by an almost 90 year old italian gentlemen.

Personally, I hate having to fly to FL or SJU for a better selection of cruises. :( I wish there were better itineraries and bigger ships out of NJ. I lLOVE the Explorer but want to experience other voyager or freedom class ships without having the extra air expense. sigh.

~Connie

I'll second that!! Maybe we should switch houses with the OP for a few months a year! ;)

What part of Pa...?? You said you could drive to it...so I assume youve sailed out of Cape Liberty? We are sailing out of there in Jan. Any advise on this? I heard something about overspray on vehicles...etc

West Central Pa - close to Penn State U Main Campus. I said I *could* drive it I didn't say I have. ;)

Every cruise so far has been out of Florida. We were booked on Explorer out of NJ, but I had to cancel for a schedule conflict. So one day I hope to go out of NJ.

And yes, there were many posts about the overspray on vehicles but honestly I haven't seen that mentioned lately. So I hope they have taken care of the problem.

I'll second that!! Maybe we should switch houses with the OP for a few months a year! ;)

Great idea!!!!! Who wants to live in PA. You can have my home...lol. :p

I don't know what I would do with myself if I lived so close to a port. I know I would never get any work done because I would be spending my time searching for last minute cruises.

I know I would wake up and say "Hey kids, let's go hop on a ship this week" :D

Oh I can dream can't I

Just want to add/confirm...definitely no overspray or anything like that. We've left Cape liverty 3x, the last time, this past July we actually drove and parked in long term pkg. It has been moved to the left of the terminal so there is no chance of paint spray even happening if a boat was being serviced.

Let's get some cruises from Baltimore and Norfolk that go further south--bypassing Bermuda and hitting the Caribbean Islands! Shoot--Bermuda is just off the SC/GA coast! If I wanted to stay that far north, I'd drive to a vacation destination!

Go South, Young Travelers!

I understand the problem with Baltimore is the clearence of the Bay Bridge.Baltimore cruises seem to go for a premium over Cape Liberty>While Norfolk would be great for me its would be dificult for a lot of people......Frank:)

So we live in Wa state and its quite a flight to SJU to cruise in Feb...but we are moving to FL (WPB) in 3 1/2 weeks so then when we want to do an Alaskan cruise we have to fly back!!! We escape to the carribean in the winter and will want to escape to Alaska in the summer once we move...never any happy medium is there?!!! LOL!

Medford girl..any chance that is Medford, OR????

Archived