Concerns about aft cabins

FoxyTerrier

Back from the Z........

We had cabin S5186. We loved that huge Balcony. When we needed shade that side part was excellant. The large balcony was 75% exposed to the public in the front, but we felt very comfortable and became friends with the cabin below us :). Loved that chilled champagne and warm breeze while watching the Carib's blue water in front.

If there was one flaw to be told, it was that the drains couldn't remove the water due to their placement. No big deal and easily overlooked...ENJOY!!!!!.....Dennis

Hi all,

Just thought I'd post to clarify my position on aft cabins (not suites). We were in an aft cabin on the Rotterdam deck (deck 7) on the Westerdam. The ship was lovely. The itinerary was awesome. The bedding was elegant. The food was decent. The Indonesian crew were fabulous. The regular staff were cordial, but not as warm and friendly in my opinion as Celebrity & Princess staffs. The balcony was the only major drawback as it was always dirty, wet in the mornings, and I kept dodging cans bottles and debris coming down from the Lido deck.

My comments are not negative about the cruise, just about how I would never take an aft cabin that had an open balcony!!

I am booked next on a regular balcony cabin on the Pacific Princess Beijing to Bangkok :-)

I will cruise again on a Vista class ship with HAL if I find an itinerary I want to go on!!

Hugs to all my new HAL friends,

Suzie

We have S5186 booked on the Zuid for March and am really looking forward to a large Verandah..I will not have to worry about a chair at the pool.

Nancy

Nancy,

We are also booked in the S5186 for March 26th. When is your cruise? Take good care of our cabin until we can get there. Have you been able to find any pictures of this cabin? We were in an SS on the Oosterdam in April. Had a decent size balcony on the side, but are really looking forward to this one on the back.

Someone said something about free hors d'oeuvres & invitations. Is that included in the S's? We may just have to have a party!

Thanks,

Katy

Katy,

We are booked the week before :D , I promise to take good care of it for you:)

I have not seen any pictures but read that you could fit 50 people on the balcony, :eek:

I have heard that you get d'oeuvres...I may never have to leave my cabin

Certainly never have to fight for a chair by the pool.:D

Nancy

Suzie,

I don't know you but there sure was some scuttle about what I said - it was not a personal attack just an observation and I'm sorry if my words were insensitive and hurt you, please forgive me.

I'm sorry your experience in the aft cabin was a bad one.

Deb,

No real offense taken. I am a real person, though, who loves to cruise and I have a wonderful time on each and every cruise. Pointing out a negative experience due to the layout of a cabin's balcony might help another cruiser when making a decision as to cabin choice. Certain decks at the aft are not open to the floor above. Deck 7 is exposed. FYI, if you check the posts I have written and replied to, you will find I try to be very helpful and nice to everyone on this board.

Best Regards,

Suzie

• 2 weeks later...

Archived