Mercury - Refurbishing Due?

cruisecrasy

Hi, I agree Elena wrote a good review.

But I believe I had also stated my bathroom was shining and it

great shape and my bed was outstanding too and my cabin

was in great condition as well.

Oh, you were looking for a description and condition of the suites

only?

I apologize not acknowledging your description - so sorry!

Yes, it was those Sky suites I was particularily interested in..

Have happy cruisin'!

Glad u posted - it is exactly what is needed.

Happy to hear u had a great cruise..I wish u many more!!

Thanks for your kind words...

Just thought I would mention a tip about the lighting in the Sky Suite. At first we didn't know how to control the "zones" of the lighting, except for the lighting over the desk, which is pretty obvious, and the hall lighting, which is easy to figure out.

However, the lighting controls (on/off plus dimmers) for the bed and sofa area are behind the pillows on the beds (our beds were apart in "singles") and we didn't see them at first so we either had the lights "all on" or "all off". When at first we asked the butler how to control the lights, he didn't seem to know either, and said that they either had to be "all on" or "all off". Luckily, that is not the case, and you have good control over which zones to have lit, and the dimmers give you options as to how bright.

The only negative is that if someone is sleeping on the sofa, there is no bedside light for that person, and the controls for the lighting over the sofa are behind one the pillows of one of the single beds. I was on the sofa bed, and as I am always the last one to fall asleep, the lighting was a bit of a nuisance. (By the time I get up to turn the lights out, I am wide awake again!) If I ever do three-to-a-room again, I will bring a small lamp so the person on the sofa bed has control of their own lighting.

By the way, the Sky Suite functioned really well for the three of us.

Hi

just jumping into the conversation- I hardly can believe that any of the Celebrity ships have DIRTY cabins. They may be a little " tired" okay, even in the bathroom. I have been on ten X- cruises, but never ever found a dirty cabin or dirty corners. I found the X ships ( as the RCI ships) always spottles clean.

Thanks for your kind words...

Just thought I would mention a tip about the lighting in the Sky Suite. At first we didn't know how to control the "zones" of the lighting, except for the lighting over the desk, which is pretty obvious, and the hall lighting, which is easy to figure out.

However, the lighting controls (on/off plus dimmers) for the bed and sofa area are behind the pillows on the beds (our beds were apart in "singles") and we didn't see them at first so we either had the lights "all on" or "all off". When at first we asked the butler how to control the lights, he didn't seem to know either, and said that they either had to be "all on" or "all off". Luckily, that is not the case, and you have good control over which zones to have lit, and the dimmers give you options as to how bright.

The only negative is that if someone is sleeping on the sofa, there is no bedside light for that person, and the controls for the lighting over the sofa are behind one the pillows of one of the single beds. I was on the sofa bed, and as I am always the last one to fall asleep, the lighting was a bit of a nuisance. (By the time I get up to turn the lights out, I am wide awake again!) If I ever do three-to-a-room again, I will bring a small lamp so the person on the sofa bed has control of their own lighting.

By the way, the Sky Suite functioned really well for the three of us.

Happy cruisin'!

Archived