First Time In Suite

jeanarch

We have booked our very first Cat 12 on the Fantasy for our 49th wedding anniversary. We have cruised in inside to balconies and I am wondering how this experience will be in comparison. Who has done a cat 12 on the Fantasy and what should we expect???? Would love to know.

We have booked our very first Cat 12 on the Fantasy for our 49th wedding anniversary. We have cruised in inside to balconies and I am wondering how this experience will be in comparison. Who has done a cat 12 on the Fantasy and what should we expect???? Would love to know.

We only book suites, as my DH is spoiled to the "REAL" bathroom. Of course the cabin is much larger and you have more room, but other than that...no real difference. With that said, I can't book a room without the real bathroom anymore. That is ok, I don't mind being spoiled.

Happy Anniversary and have a great time.:)

We had our first cat. 12 on the Fantasy last week and we LOVED it. We have been in all types of cabins before including several cat. 11s on newer Carnival ships. The room is very spacious. Loads of storage. Nice walk in closet. The frig is already empty and we stored our water and soda in it. There is a VCR, no DVD. No hairdryer on that particular ship. The balcony is great. I really liked the location. The only negative is that the bathroom is pretty small by suite standards, but is much larger than a regular cabin bathroom. There is a jacuzzi tub. Basically just a standard size tub. The sink (single) area has a pretty good size counter area and there are shelves on the side to store your stuff. Definitely only room for one person in there. Again, it is much larger than a standard bath, just not a nice as the layout and room of the suite baths in the newer ships. The decor of the cabin may be a bit dated, however we actually liked it and everything was in good condition and working order. Hope this helps.

Dawn

I had a Cat 12 on the Inspiration, sister ship to the Fantasy. I loved it so much I booked the exact same suite for my next sailing on the Inspiration!

You'll love it. The folks across the hall, in a 4C, glanced in as I was moving some luggage about and asked if they could look at my cabin. I invited them in, showed them around and one of them said 'I hate my life'. So, there you go!

;)

The first time I walked into a cat 12 IT WAS NICE VERY NICE. Have a great cruise

No hairdryer on that particular ship. Dawn

My 16yo daughter and I were on Conquest back in July, in a Cat 12. The dryer was in a drawer. Daughter took it out to use it, turned it on, it smoked and DIED!! Called housekeeping or maintenance or whoever it was, and they didn't have ANY replacements!! If you have room in your suitcase, take a hairdryer even if you know one will be in the room!!:D I had a very unhappy teenaged daughter who had no blowdryer the whole week, AND my suggestion to her to stick her head over the rail of our balcony to dry her hair was NOT found funny by her!!:eek: :o ;) :(

So what does the VIP check in include?

In Galveston, which is the only place I have ever cruised from, you start the whole process by going through a separate line, you get to CUT in line at the x ray machines, and then you go into a little room and wait your turn, and then you get to sit at a desk while they check you in. It is GREAT when there are hundreds of "regular" :eek: :D :D people checking in who don't get VIP checkin because it really saves you time. BUT, on my last cruise, last month, it actually took longer in the little room than it was taking those regular people because the lines were very short! Go figure!! :o :eek:

That's what happened the only other time we cruised out of Galveston. We had done the Fun Pass and it's line was longer than the other. From what I hear about checking in at the port in Italy, it takes very little time anyway. Oh well, just cool getting to be a VIP for that moment anyway :cool:

That's what happened the only other time we cruised out of Galveston. We had done the Fun Pass and it's line was longer than the other. From what I hear about checking in at the port in Italy, it takes very little time anyway. Oh well, just cool getting to be a VIP for that moment anyway :cool:

Italy???? :cool: DD and I got to go to Italy earlier this summer! Have you ever been there before? Watch out for those crazy drivers over there!!:eek: It is pretty much a free-for-all there!:D Enjoy your VIP checkin in Italy, AND your cruise!!:) :cool:

Did you look behind the left part of the mirror over the desk?

But, no, still no hairdryer. That's okay, because I always bring my own. I had read about the storage area behind the mirror on this board. It took me a minute to figure it out, but it was great to put stuff in. Kept my desk area neat and orderly because I could store my junk in there and get to it real easy when I needed it. I wonder how many people never find that storage area?

Dawn

We only book suites, as my DH is spoiled to the "REAL" bathroom. Of course the cabin is much larger and you have more room, but other than that...no real difference. With that said, I can't book a room without the real bathroom anymore. That is ok, I don't mind being spoiled.

Happy Anniversary and have a great time.:)

this is not correct at all. there isn't much of a difference btwn a cat 11 and a reg OV, but there certainly is a big diff btwn a cat 12 and an OV.

OP, the cat 12s on fantasy class are very different from the reg OVs. you have the large bathroom w/ a jacuzzi tub, a walk in closet, king bed, sectional sofa (which can also convert to a queen), arm chairs and balcony, mini frig, among other little things, not found in reg OV cabins on that class.

it's a great cabin. enjoy!

Archived