Interesting press release

dkjretired

Royal Caribbean just announced that they were transferring Sovereign of the Seas to Pullmantur which is where Zenith was transferred. Since they have transferred one of their bigger ships, I was thinking that maybe one of the C class ships might be next.

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1062114&highlight=

Good evening, Don

IMO, this has a lot to do with MARINER OTS 's re-deployment to the WestCoast...and a decision by RCCL to terminate their 3-4 days ''shorties''in the Mexican Riviera, which of course MOTS won't do.

The ship now going to the market area previously covered by the larger SOVEREIGN has fewer berths...perhaps in keeping with the ''yeild //occupancy'' results previously acheived in that market.

Much the same reason why RCL is pulling away from 3-4 days shorties from southern Cal....those were consistantly ''on sale'' at ridiculous perdiem, clearly not an indication of market success.

PullmanTours might also show sign of yeilding much better on its occupancy potential, thus the need to step up the ## of berths in those markets.

==X== sending a ''C'' class there ??? IMO, not very likely.

But this is a good thread to debate on.

Cheers

;)

I have been thinking for a long time that both Mercury and Galaxy will leave the fleet when the Solstice class ships are launched, as neither has gotton the Century overhaul.

Best Regards,

Floris

Floris:

I have been thinking the same thing. I know some will say they didn't need the balconies because they had many already but I think it was very telling that they are not getting the specialty restaurants...

They probably won't move a ship out of the fleet until the second or third ship is released. Right now X is spread too thin trying to cover all the cruising options. They have 4 Solstice ships coming, my guess it they might only pull one C class ship two at the most.

RCCL is transferring both the Soveriegn and Empress to Pullmantur as well as already giving them the Zenith. Keep in mind RCCL has taken 3 ships from Pullmantur as well, two to create Azamura and one to create their French line.

Hi Everyone !

I agree its an interesting debate, but I would be very surprised to see any C-Class ships leave Celebrity's fleet anytime soon. I feel that RCI will move the rest of the Sovereign Class (Monarch and Majesty) off their fleet before they even think about moving a Celebrity ship off their fleet. RCI has more options than Celebrity, as RCI has 21 ships (and more on the way) vs. 8 for Celebrity including Xpedition.

As for Galaxy and Mercury not getting the Century treatment, it may still happen. I have to admit I am a bit surprised it has not happened yet. Perhaps it is just that Celebrity is VERY busy dealing with Solstice Class details at this time. Also, if & when it does happen, it would be much easier to do, as the big work on Century was adding all of the balconies, which would be a lesser issue for Galaxy and Mercury, as they currently have more balconies than Century did before the refit.

Add it all up, and I cant see the C-Class leaving until well into the deployment of the Solstice Class, if at all. IMHO, Celebrity should upgrade Galaxy and Mercury and keep them around for several more years. They are wonderful ships, and I would hate to see them go.

• 2 weeks later...

Don- just saw one of your posts on the RC board and noticed you're no longer a neighbor. I've been away from the boards for a while, using all my vacation time visiting different cities hoping to have our retirement home narrowed down in the next 2 years :rolleyes: Just wanted to wish you well enjoying the money you save not paying Monmouth County taxes!

Sorry for going off topic...

Don- just saw one of your posts on the RC board and noticed you're no longer a neighbor. I've been away from the boards for a while, using all my vacation time visiting different cities hoping to have our retirement home narrowed down in the next 2 years :rolleyes: Just wanted to wish you well enjoying the money you save not paying Monmouth County taxes!

Sorry for going off topic...

Thank you, actually I'm moving tomorrow,you would not believe what we saved on taxes with the move. NJ better wake up since a lot are leaving. I have four acres and a brand new house.

Archived