Is It Only Me!

kidless

Magictam

I think that is the longest countdown clock I have ever seen.

lololol, that's why I couldn't get excited about the "next cruise". My DH & I put the deposit down on when we were on the Noordam with no date or destination in mind.

Then the kids (17 & 20) were miffed at us for going on a cruise without them. So we agreed the next one would include them. I just don't think HAl is the right fit for young adults, so I had to find line that was.

I think RCCL and the Mariner will be perfect for us.

Ok, we just booked a 7 day on the Mariner. We are 205 days out from Dancin' on the Dock! And already it is all I want to think about and talk about. DH doesn't seem excited he says it is to far away to think about. Is it just me......am I crazy....do I need a life (don't answer that one) I feel like a drug addict just looking for my next fix counting down the days till I get it. I know I am not alone.........so share your cruise addiction stories with me..........:eek:

We are just as obsessed. I believe anticipation is a great part of the cruise experience. :)

We finished our last cruise on Oct. 6th. It felt really strange not having an active countdown clock when I would sign on to Cruise Critic. I made it 11 days. Yesterday I booked us on Mariner for October, 2008. I know it's a year away, but is sure is alot more fun knowing you have a cruise to look forward to.

Ok, we just booked a 7 day on the Mariner. We are 205 days out from Dancin' on the Dock! And already it is all I want to think about and talk about. DH doesn't seem excited he says it is to far away to think about. Is it just me......am I crazy....do I need a life (don't answer that one) I feel like a drug addict just looking for my next fix counting down the days till I get it. I know I am not alone.........so share your cruise addiction stories with me..........:eek:

Last month, my wife and I cruised to Alaska on the Radiance; it was a 14-night cruise from 9/14-9/28. Prior to the cruise, we took a separate lands tour of Alaska, seeing what we knew we couldn't on the cruise. No sooner had we returned home than we have booked another cruise on NCL to Canada and New England. We had a balcony cabin on the Radiance, and we have a balcony cabin on the Norwegian Star. This cruise leaves a week from Sunday and while it's less than half as long as our cruise last month, I guess it's our own addiction to the see.

I am a widower. My first wife was an accountant for Holland America Cruises, where we took a free cruise every year, and that's where I caught the cruise bug (if we both had the time, we may have taken more cruises: Holland America gives good discounts to employees).

My second marriage ended in divorce; when I married my third wife, we took a honeymoon through the Western Caribbean on board a Holland America ship. Previously,my wife took a Trans-Canal Cruise on a Princess

ship. We are both retired, with timeshares (with whom we booked our Alaska cruise) and family abroad and ready for more. Bring 'em on!:D

Kidless-We live in Cocoa and go to the port and watch the ships leave on Sundays. After seeing the Mariner leave all the time, I finally booked us last year and glad that I did. A really cool ship. The downside to watching them leave is that I want to be on it.

:D I am so with you Sister....I always say I am going to jump off the peir and swim out to the ship my DH just laughs if only he knew how bad I really wanted to try it! LOL :p

magictam...I'm very excited to see a countdown longer than mine! :D

I've been here far, far too much for someone who's cruise is just over a year away. I can't help it. I want to know everything about everything!

I'm in the same boat. I wouldn't have booked so far out but I am waiting for Mariner to arrive on the west coast.

If been coming to cc on a daily basis since sometime in the 90s when cc used to only be on aol.

I have done 32 cruises since 1997, with 38 total cruises and have more cruises booked than I can show on my signature line.

I have 2 cruises booked in 2009 already.

I go down to the San Diego port just to look at the ships when they are in.

Ok, we just booked a 7 day on the Mariner. We are 205 days out from Dancin' on the Dock! And already it is all I want to think about and talk about. DH doesn't seem excited he says it is to far away to think about. Is it just me......am I crazy
No you are not crazy it is everyone else who has the problem
....do I need a life (don't answer that one)
I will answer it anyway, you seem normal to me and have a good life
I feel like a drug addict just looking for my next fix counting down the days till I get it. I know I am not alone.........so share your cruise addiction stories with me..........:eek:
My cruise addiction is that I am here responding to your post!

My family goes on a cruise every January. For Christmas all we get each other is fun things for our trip...everyone else laughs at us because we will be giving out sandles and flipflops as gifts when it's frezzing out:)

This year we are even having a latin dance teacher come to our home to teach the family to salsa.... see your not crazy! ha ha;)

Archived