Weigh-in 10/18/07 - Good morning!

WeirdEyes

Hi fellow Losers! I guess Belle is busy again so I'm starting the weigh-in thread today. Hopefully, Belle will pop in and give us a nice poem. ;)

I stayed the same this week. I haven't been able to exercise because I really aggravated my back while painting my son's room. It feels much better now and I will start back on Monday.

I was also bad eating a piece of my birthday cake yesterday. My co-workers brought me one in, but my b'day is Sunday. The cake was Italian Creme with coconut cream cheese icing. The cake also had walnuts in it. I'm not a big fan of coconut or walnuts and the cake had both so one piece was it! LOL I only ate that to be nice. :D I just pray that nobody gives me a chocolate cake. :eek:

Tomorrow is my brother's open house for his new business and the food will flow. I'll have to watch myself then also. And tonight is Bunco. Another bad night! We'll be celebrating my b'day on Sunday so I guess this whole week will be a bust. I'll just dust myself off and get right back on the bandwagon. That's the key, isn't it? Getting right back on when we mess up!

Have a great day, my friends! Good luck!

Sheila ... I'm sure I will be "talking" with you before your birthday, but just in case I don't ... I hope that you have a wonderful day!

This week I have lost 1 1/2 pounds (1/2# I had already lost before, but it showed up again last week). The weekly weight loss is really slowing, but it is to be expected and I'll keep plugging away. Total from 2006 is now at 44 pounds (.214%). I now have 12 1/2# to go.

Sheila ... I still have questions, comments to talk about, and hopefully later today I can write them down (I'll use this tread).

Have a wonderful Thursday all. Jan

I am down 3 lbs! But I wasn't down any last week, stayed the same. So 3 lbs since the 4th. My problem is I leave for Vegas tomorrow night for a girlfriends b-day.. So Sat & Sun will be tough. I'll be home late Sun. night. Wish me luck.

Have a great week!!

Happy Cruising~

Donna

Hi everyone,

I am down 4 lbs this week. :) The birthday cakes are so hard to pass up but I have been very good. We have had 4 birthdays so far this month and I haven't touched one piece.

Donna, good luck in Vegas, with all the walking you will be just fine. I am leaving next Thursday morning for a 5 days trip with my mother. I am hoping I will not gain.

Good luck to everyone this week.

Pam

Congratulations everyone!!! What a great job everyone's doing!

Sheila, happy birthday a few days early!!!

I'm on the road and not near a scale and don't really need to be. I'm guessing I only have lost around 1 lb. but hoping I stayed the same.

Has anyone heard from Belle?

Pam ~ Congrats! You are doing so well! I wish I had your willpower re: the cake. I figure my b'day only comes once a year though. ;)

Miriam ~ Thanks sweetie! I haven't heard from Belle. I might shoot her an e-mail and check on her. Have a safe trip!

This is my last weigh-in before I fly to Italy on Tuesday. I forgot yesterday was weigh-in day. Well, I ended up losing 4 lbs. so at least I have a little buffer for vacation.

I'll post when I return.

CONGRATS and have a fantastic time in Italy, you lucky dog, you! ;)

Wed. Night

Forgot to Write

Didn't post on this Thread

Went to Bed

Sometimes my mind is on the blink

Must be all that I drink (water..lol)

Sheila... Thank You for starting post and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Wine... BON VOYAGE! Know your going to

have a GREAT TIME!

Miriam... Your on the road..More weight

loss weight for you! Smile!

I'm still here. Just going day by day.

Pam...Great weight loss. You did good on those cakes.

Cross..Isn't it so hard with all the candy. You'll get it

off soon. Ignore the candy.

Donna...Good loss. Have fun in Vegas. Hope you can

come back staying the same.

Jan...Your doing so good. Losing almost every week.

(or is it every week?) Wish I could get in gear.

Daniel...Yes you did better than one of the choices.

I wasn't so lucky. Let's both try for a loss next week.

OK?

Hope everyone has a good weekend and coming week.

Happy Birthday Sheila. It was my birthday too! Friday was my b-day. Unfortuantely I spent the entire day at the hospital with my dad. He went in for a morning appointment and we ended staying the entire day. At least they didn't admit him again. My DH came to Montreal Friday night and met me at the Hotel Bonaventure. It was pretty late by the time I finally checked in, so we ordered in bar-b-q chicken. No birthday cake either - but tonight, my oldest son has brought home an ice-cream cake, so I will have a piece.

Anyways I'm down 1 lb since the last time I checked in. Still heading in the right direction, even if it's slow.

Little cheats every now & then are ok, especially for special occasions, as long as you get back on track.

Have a great week everyone.

Cindy :)

Happy Birthday Sheila. It was my birthday too! Friday was my b-day. Unfortuantely I spent the entire day at the hospital with my dad. He went in for a morning appointment and we ended staying the entire day. At least they didn't admit him again. My DH came to Montreal Friday night and met me at the Hotel Bonaventure. It was pretty late by the time I finally checked in, so we ordered in bar-b-q chicken. No birthday cake either - but tonight, my oldest son has brought home an ice-cream cake, so I will have a piece.

Anyways I'm down 1 lb since the last time I checked in. Still heading in the right direction, even if it's slow.

Little cheats every now & then are ok, especially for special occasions, as long as you get back on track.

Have a great week everyone.

Cindy :)

Cindy ~ Happy Belated Birthday! I hope your DF is OK!

Hi, I'm a newbie on Lose Before You Cruise, but clicked on and saw this thread...and not knowing the date, I clicked on it, scrolled down, saw host Miriam, familiar from her CJ posts, and figured I'd chime in.

the morning after I got home from my last cruise, Sovereign of the Seas in August, my home scale said 253. Have been 245-256 for most of the past decade, and my early 40's are fading into my mid-40's. I drifted down a little, then had some surgery in September that got me to 240 from not eating anything but diet jello for a few days after, and then joined a weight loss program by the clinical dietitian at my internist's medical group 4 weeks ago at 239.3 for my first weigh in. The home bathroom scale said 225.0 this morning, but the scale and a bit of clothes for weigh ins in class usually add 2-3 pounds. I was 230.6 last Thursday in class, so I want to bust through the 230 mark this week at weigh in and build some momentum toward being under 200 for my next cruise March 16, 2008. getting dark earlier now, so did my hour of walking on the treadmill in my building instead of throughout the neighborhood last evening.

logan1 -- Welcome over here!!!! It sounds like you're on your way!!! Congrats on your weight loss so far! I hope you'll click around and find some inspiration from some of our other posters. We're all doing different types of diets or weight loss methods. We all agree that there is no one way that's right for everyone. If you've had experience with one of the weight loss methods mentioned, please chime in. And also don't be shy about asking questions. We're here to help each other!!!

The weight loss class I'm taking is really based off the revised food pyramid, with lots of info to be found at MyPyramid.gov. The digital food scale that DW bought when she just joined weight watchers is handy for portion control, and keeping the measuring cups out on the counter for use in portion control is also helpful. Last week's official weigh in was 226.8, down from 230.6 the week before. This A.M. at home was 222.8, so we'll see what Thursday's lunch hour weigh-in says. Have the packed gym bag w/ me for after work, on the treadmill, but the gorgeous weekend helped by making it so easy for long walks in two different parks.

Archived