Legend Cabins

boxerdognj

We are looking into booking 8day Legend for 7/8/05. Could anyone let me know what type cabin to go with. My DH and I and two sons (ages 24 and 20). I wasn't sure if it might be too tight in one cabin or to spend extra money on inside cabin for the boys.

Any info on Legend is appreciated, especially since I've recently read some not so pleasant reviews concerning problems. Hopefully these have been fixed.

DH and I had an 8 H or I (can't remember which) last March. It was a standard balcony cabin and was very roomy. I don't think you'd have a problem with 4 in it. You'll only have one bathroom and you'd also have to be careful with closet space, but it's certainly doable. If you can live with that, you should be OK.

Beth

We cruised the Legend back in January and LOVED it. We had the best service we have had on any Carnival ship. The crew was very friendly and appeared to love what they were doing. Four adults in one cabin does seem a little crowded to me but I've never actually tried it. If you get a balcony cabin, you'd probably be ok with 4 people. Go and have a great time. Don't let bad posts by a few people ruin your plans. The Legend is a fine ship and I'd gladly sail her again.

Cruised the Legend 8/3 with wife and two daughters ages 13 & 8, standard balcony room , we had no problem with space but it might get a little tight with your older sons especially the top bunk bed that pulls down from the ceiling.

Also, we all had a pleasurable trip, and did not experience any of the problems other posters had mentioned.

I have cruised with my kids in inside cabins. The kids stood over 6 feet tall and did not have a problem using the top beds. (they were too tired at night to really care) Showers were not aproblem as the boys headed to the gym area for showers.

We sailed the Legend in April in an 8I extended balcony. DH and I like our space and would have felt crowded with two full grown sons along. It's definitely doable, but IMHO I'd get the sons their own inside cabin. We had no problems as have been mentioned recently. The ship, crew and service were great!

We have sailed on three different Spirit class ships with three in our cabin. We all fit ok but my DS is only 13. I think it's doable with four in there but I think if you can spare the funds you will have a much better time with them in their own cabin. I also think they would like that better, then they won't have to worry about waking you up when they come in late or vise versa...

Was on the Legend last April with my husband and 2 kids - this was the first time our children had cruised with us, 9 and 11 at the time. We got an inside cabin for all 4 of us and honestly being that they are much younger then your children, it was doable, but it was hard getting ready for dinner with just one bathroom. Our cabin was great, but if you can spend the extra, I would certainly go with another inside cabin for the adult children. This is really a great ship!!! We had always sailed on RCCL and when we decided to take the kids on their first cruise with us, we decided to try Carnival and I am so glad we did. The food, (the buffet way exceeded my expectations) the service, everything from beginning to end was exceptional. I really can't say one bad thing about our cruise on the Legend. Have a great vacation. Sue

Thank you all for your comments. We've decided to book 2 cabins since my boys may take a friend on the sailing. At the moment we have 8 of our dearest friends joining us. We all recently sailed to Bermuda on Horizon out of Phila and had a blast. So nice to have friends sailing with you, the party never ends.

boxerdognj, you did the best thing, I believe. We're sailing the Legend at Christmas with our 2 sons (16 & 17) and have 2 cabins booked. We did the same thing this last January with RCI. Having a bit of privacy certainly enhances the holiday for DH and I while giving the lads some independence.

Archived