At what time can we board Noordam?

jandiart

We are sailing with some friends on the 1st of December. My TA and I are having a disagreement. She says that we begin boarding at 2 P.M. I say that I think I saw 11:30 A.M. somewhere. She is providing transportation to the pier and I want to make sure we get there for lunch and as early as possible.

What day of an 11 day cruise is best for the Pinnacle Grill?

What day and time would be best for a cocktail party that she is paying for?

Last year we arrived at 1 PM and there were plenty of people on board already. The concensus seems to be that boarding usually starts around 11:30. We are on the 12/1 cruise also. :) Please join our roll call. We gave a great group. The link is at the bottom of my signature.

We are sailing with some friends on the 1st of December. My TA and I are having a disagreement. She says that we begin boarding at 2 P.M. I say that I think I saw 11:30 A.M. somewhere. She is providing transportation to the pier and I want to make sure we get there for lunch and as early as possible.

What day of an 11 day cruise is best for the Pinnacle Grill?

What day and time would be best for a cocktail party that she is paying for?

Last January we arrived at the pier at 1:30. The only regret I had about the entire cruise was that we didn't get there earlier. Even an hour would have given us much more leisurely afternoon. We had never been on the Noordam before, so once we went through the check in procedure (at that hour it was crowded and took us about 45 minutes), we took some time to acclimate ourselves, ate a hurried lunch and then had to go back to our stateroom to get ready for the lifeboat drill at 4:00. This January we hope to be able to get to the ship by noon.

I believe we did the Pinnacle on the second night. It wasn't very crowded and we had all the time in the world to get ready for our dinner since it was a sea day.

Your on your own as far as the cocktail party! :)

11:30 sounds about right, in most cases. If however, the ship is late returning to port and/or has an inspection, boarding can be delayed.

I think it best to push the PG thing to the cruise mid point, if you are dining within fixed seating. Many passengers skip dinner in the dining room on the first night and if you are gone the second night, it leaves an early void at the table.

I defer to Brian ( Bespf) on the cocktail party thing. He has it down better than any, I know. Maybe he'll see this thread and chime in.

We are on the 12/1 cruise too..We were on the Noordam last year and got to the port at 10:30, they let us in and were given a number and sat down and waited until our number was called..This all started around 11:30..We couldn't get into our cabin until 1 but enjoyed the buffet at the Lido until they called that our cabin was ready..I like getting there early so we don't have to rush and can walk around and explore the ship..See you onboard

Also on the 12/1/07 cruise with a group of friends. This week there is a two hour delay for boarding as they are scrubbing the entire ship down due to some cases of Norovirus on board, only 24 or so at last report. So I would continue to read the boards as time gets close. I will also ask you to join our roll call and to visit our website for the cruise. See the link in my signature. If you would like to donate some photos to the website my email is rmlynott@yahoo.com

BTW your TA just gave you the officially published boarding time.

Bob

Archived