Carnival Update

lmondrop

I don't see any update on Carnival's web site. I am really annoyed that they make no references at all about this storm. At the least they should be saying they are watching things and will notify us as soon as there are any changes to report. I don't even see anything about the port changes of any of the ships already out to sea. I love carnival but I think they have fallen down with this one. If I just don't know where to look on their website, please let me know. thx.

I don't see any update on Carnival's web site. I am really annoyed that they make no references at all about this storm. At the least they should be saying they are watching things and will notify us as soon as there are any changes to report. I don't even see anything about the port changes of any of the ships already out to sea. I love carnival but I think they have fallen down with this one. If I just don't know where to look on their website, please let me know. thx.

Look at it from their point of view. Of course they are watching it,but why alarm anyone yet? The storm could still turn and they have so much riding on this that it must be a disaster in the offices.Think about the air/sea people and those who need to get to a port but might not be able to because of an evac situation.My folks were told to evac and they live near daytona.

Steve

I agree Steveaaa...I just spoke with Carnival and they said that as of yet no changes are in place. They really won't be able to tell for sure until tommorow or even Friday.

Besides Carnival will do everything in thier power not to cancel thier cruise...short of putting passengers in danger...becuase it would be a huge loss of money to not have that ship cruise for a week.

Carnival Triumph sailing on the 4th...they have no information yet...They at Carnival say that not until Friday will they know better what's going to happen.

One of the problems is the Triumph that is out to sea right now....question is:

Will they be able to get into MIA port? If so, Will we leave later on Saturday instead of departing at 4PM?

Just saw this on Carnival.com

Hurricane Frances Updates

FANTASY

The itinerary of the Fantasy sailing departing on 9/2/04 will be changed to a cruise-to-nowhere. The ship will depart Port Canaveral promptly at 4:30 pm. Guests currently booked on this sailing have the following options:

1. Sail and receive a $100 per person on board credit. Guest will also receive 50% off a future Carnival cruise of 3-5 days in duration. The Future Cruise Credit must be redeemed on or before December 15, 2005.
  2. Cancel and rebook on another sailing with no penalty.
  3. Cancel and receive a full refund.

FASCINATION

The Fascination 9/3/04 sailing has been cancelled. Guests may rebook on another sailing or opt for a refund.

At this time, no additional sailings have been modified. Please check back with Carnival.com for periodic update

Port Canaveral is about 3.5 hours away from Miami. I'm live in Miami.

I am sailing on the Triumph on Saturday...weather permitting...but I doubt that the Triumph will leave out of Port Canaveral since the hurricane is headed straight in that direction.

Archived