cabin size

mandrews2u

Does anyone know of a website that shows the actual size ( Sq.Ft.) of cabins on specific ships? ?? I had heard that Royal carribean is the skimpest and holland america the most generous, I am talking regular uinside cabins. We just got off a Princess cruise and boy was the balcony larger that the balcony we had on any ship so far HOWEVER we were disappointed ton other areas, we are booking a cruise for next Oct but this is going to be a cheap inside and I like the larger ships that RCCI has but thought maybe of trying Holland America for the first time, and trying to find out of their cabins are larger than RCci, carnival OR princess

Our TA has called the cruise line and gotten the sq. ft. for any cabin we are considering. Some catalogues have the size in them. Newer Carnval ships have good size cabins. And you should be able to call the cruise line to find out. But we don't care how big it is! Had old ship's cabins you could hardly turn around in but we still has a GREAT cruise!

Just so you know the size of RCCL's cabins very by class. On their older smaller ships, the staterooms are tiny. But on their newer ships (Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom class) most of the staterooms are comparable in size to other cruiselines. In fact in some categories, the staterooms on their newer ships are bigger than comparable staterooms on Carnival.

On RCCL's website they list the square footage of their cabins as does Princess. Be aware that when comparing balcony staterooms Princess, for example, includes the balcony in the square footage of the room. RCCL lists the balcony separately from the room itself.

Check out the cruiseline catalogues, as they generally have the measurements.

I totally agree that you can't generalize one cruise line's rooms as very large or small. RCCL has definitely expanded since the sister ships Monarch, Sovreign and Majesty. When I cruised those, they WERE large ships. Now...nice, but lacking in room space if you've cruised any newer ships. Too, there are so many more categories of rooms. You'll find variety in all the ships. HAL has soooo many categories of rooms on one ship, it's amazing to me.

Oh some cruise travel books also give up to date measurements. But might not list ALL the categories.

• Administrators
Does anyone know of a website that shows the actual size ( Sq.Ft.) of cabins on specific ships? ?? I had heard that Royal carribean is the skimpest and holland america the most generous, I am talking regular uinside cabins. We just got off a Princess cruise and boy was the balcony larger that the balcony we had on any ship so far HOWEVER we were disappointed ton other areas, we are booking a cruise for next Oct but this is going to be a cheap inside and I like the larger ships that RCCI has but thought maybe of trying Holland America for the first time, and trying to find out of their cabins are larger than RCci, carnival OR princess

You can try http://www.cruisedeckplans.com. That's the public (free) side of the membership site http://www.cruisestaterooms.com.

There is a book called "Cruise Ships"--I'm not sure of the publisher, but it lists every single ship in every single line--cabin sizes, restaurants, activities, etc..... It's a wealth of info if you are into comparing!!!! Libraries should have it, as well as bookstores. (Fodor's or Frommer' did this book, I'm pretty sure!)

Archived