How do you send a letter to the ship??

oaky

Hi I would like to send a letter to someone on the Zuiderdam. They are leaving next month, and I think it would be great for them to get mail while they are at sea. Does anyone out there know how I would address a postcard to someone on the Zuiderdam?

I had asked once while onboard and was told to send it to HAL's Seattle address, but with the following:

ATTENTION: Name/Title of person, ms ship name

for instance,

ATTENTION: Joe Blow, ms Maasdam

or

ATTENTION: Hotel Manager, ms Zuiderdam

I think the title would make it more clear that it's someone ON the ship and not just a person that represents the ship to some degree in Seattle.

Or you can always send it to Guest Relations and ask that it be forwarded to the ship and specific person.

Just,

ATTENTION: Guest Relations

And by the way, the rest of the address is:

Holland America Line

(insert your 'ATTENTION' line here)

300 Elliott Ave W

Seattle, WA 98119

Hope that helps!

Hi I would like to send a letter to someone on the Zuiderdam. They are leaving next month, and I think it would be great for them to get mail while they are at sea. Does anyone out there know how I would address a postcard to someone on the Zuiderdam?

It's a nice thought but there's no guarantee your friends would ever receive it:)

Mail certainly used to be picked up at ports of call. When my daughter worked for HAL I had a list of port agents. I would write to her c/o of the port agent, specifying her ship and position on the ship. If the ship was on an extended cruise, no mail would be possible if the mail was only picked up at embarkation. I would assume that this would not work if you were writing to a passenger.

Archived