What's the best night to book specialy restaurant?

Hi fellow cruisers,

I am going on the LOS eastern May 24. I wanted to know what everyone thoughts are when it comes to booking Chops and Portafino's. What is the best night to book? In other words which nights do you think one could miss in the main dining room.

Thank you for your suggestions.;)

Hi fellow cruisers,

I am going on the LOS eastern May 24. I wanted to know what everyone thoughts are when it comes to booking Chops and Portafino's. What is the best night to book? In other words which nights do you think one could miss in the main dining room.

Thank you for your suggestions.;)

Well seeing how they just replaced Lobster with BBQ chicken on formal nights I would say either BBQ chicken. Other then that I would book them on an at sea day. That way you are not rushed to get back on the ship and get ready for dinner. Not to mention worn out from your excursion.

We usually choose the nights they have Caribbean themed menu and Italian menus.....

With that said is there a way to find out these nights so that you can make a reservation? I know that the Compass tells what will be served but, that is not delivered until the day before.

With that said is there a way to find out these nights so that you can make a reservation? I know that the Compass tells what will be served but, that is not delivered until the day before.

If you GOOGLE "Liberty of the Seas Cruise Compass", you should find one or web sites where previous cruisers have posted recent compasses for your to review.

I agree with earlier poster. Go on a Carribean Theme night. IMHO, this is the weakest menu night in the dining room.

Happy Cruising

Dave

When you board the ship phone whichever one you want. They will have the menus there for the week and tell you what is severed that night. ie you hate Italian so you tell them when is Italian and what is served that nigh. You find you don't like anything so book it for that night.

We only asked one question when we booked at Chops.

"What night will they serve lobster in the dining room?"

We then booked a different evening

We go by Chops the day we board and they have the ships menus for the week. Then we pick Caribbean night and make our reservations.

Five minutes is about all it takes.

Aubie

Thanks everyone for the great info...So I know know for sure I'll book Chops for the Carribian night (Whenever that happens to be)

Now I'm thinking I'll pick Itilian night to book Portafio's?

Does anyone know if these nights are formal?

While we certainly have no aversions to dressing appropriately for the dining room (and we probably dress nicer than most people do), we don’t care to dress “formal” while on vacation. So, our plan was to dine in Portofino and Chops on the two formal nights. We did schedule Portofino for the first one (Monday), but the concierge talked us out of missing the 2nd formal night as it was also lobster night, so we did Chops on Friday.

And yes, in case you are wondering, we did “crash” the 2nd formal night and ruined the vacations of nearly 1,000 other guests that had to see us there sans tuxedos and evening gowns. My wife and MIL did wear very nice outfits, though they were not the typical “prom dresses” that many others were wearing, and I wore a jacket and dress shirt, but no tie. OK, so sue me! :)

While we certainly have no aversions to dressing appropriately for the dining room (and we probably dress nicer than most people do), we don’t care to dress “formal” while on vacation. So, our plan was to dine in Portofino and Chops on the two formal nights. We did schedule Portofino for the first one (Monday), but the concierge talked us out of missing the 2nd formal night as it was also lobster night, so we did Chops on Friday.

And yes, in case you are wondering, we did “crash” the 2nd formal night and ruined the vacations of nearly 1,000 other guests that had to see us there sans tuxedos and evening gowns. My wife and MIL did wear very nice outfits, though they were not the typical “prom dresses” that many others were wearing, and I wore a jacket and dress shirt, but no tie. OK, so sue me! :)

Well,it is your vacation and you can do what you want....Im sure no one was even taking notice of you......

We are eating at Chops the second formal night and are gonna dress "formaL(just not as fancy as the first night).......figure most will be dressed in their formal clothes as we walk around the ship,esp between 6 and 11 pm....

BiteMEagain, love your handle!!!

Go to the specialty restaurant on embarkation day and they will have all the menus for you to look at. Then make your reservation. Enjoy!

I have a couple questions as well. How do you book the specialty rest? Is there a line up? How do I find out it it coincides with the kids AO program where they take them to JR for dinner? What generally are the times from-to' date=' and how long?[/quote']

I recommend making your reservation on embarkation day. You will have the best chance of getting the time you want that way. When you board, AO should be available in the centrum and you can find out which nights they are doing the dinner with the kids. My girls loved this on Explorer. You take them to JR around 5 and then you are free until it's time to pick them up, 10 pm or later if you want to pay for babysitting. You do need to sign up for the JR dinner as they take a limited number of children for it. I think sign up was done either the morning of, or possibly the night before (it's been awhile). Dinner at Portofinos/Chops will take about 2 hours. HTH

If you GOOGLE "Liberty of the Seas Cruise Compass", you should find one or web sites where previous cruisers have posted recent compasses for your to review.

I agree with earlier poster. Go on a Carribean Theme night. IMHO, this is the weakest menu night in the dining room.

Happy Cruising

Dave

Ok so I have located the FOS cruise compass. How do i know what the dinning room theme for the evening is?

Archived