Cross your fingers for me - flying a day ahead might not be enough

vacruizer

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!!! We did make it, although our first flight was late into Charlotte and we did the mad run to the other side of the airport and immediately onto the next plane. The luggage even made it amazingly enough. We had a fantastic cruise and will try to get pics and a review together later in the week when the swaying stops:D .

I did check today and the Sleep Inn did charge my credit card for the night.

Thanks guys!!! We did make it, although our first flight was late into Charlotte and we did the mad run to the other side of the airport and immediately onto the next plane. The luggage even made it amazingly enough. We had a fantastic cruise and will try to get pics and a review together later in the week when the swaying stops:D .

WHEW....so glad you (and the luggage) made the cruise. And glad you have a great time. I know about those "runs" through the airports. We have had one or two of those before. :eek: (not fun)

Not sure if it will help but when you call Sleep Inn to ask about removing the charge you might want to mention that you belong to a cruise travel board with lterally thousands of people that cruise out of FL and that they might want to check it out since there will be a review of how they decide to treat this matter on the Fort Laurdedale port board. :) (of course said with a smile and a voice that could charm honeybees.)

Good luck. I would've probably jumped in my car though and started driving being as paranoid as I am. lol

I'd have driven as well. My wife and I missed the first day of our cruise because of flight delays (didn't know to fly in the day before).

Archived