Cross your fingers for me - flying a day ahead might not be enough

vacruizer

Ok - just had to vent to my CC buddies here that will understand. We are leaving tomorrow on the Liberty, booked over a year a go, soooooo excited......

Got to the airport today and our flight was delayed so long we couldn't make our connection in Charlotte and there were no other flights to put us on - everything is booked up due to all the rain delays here in the east. :eek: :mad: :( They sent us home rebooked on a 6am flight out tomorrow morning with a connection in Charlotte and we are supposed to arrive in FLL at 9:50am tomorrow. Cross your fingers for us that the flights tomorrow are smooth and uneventful and that this rain ends and the fog lifts overnight. I want to be on that ship tomorrow - I have waited too long to miss this vacation!!!

I am sooooo freaking out right now. :eek: I am trying to tell myself that it will all be ok, plenty of people fly in the day of, etc. etc. but I won't feel better until my feet hit that ship tomorrow!! I thought I was playing it safe by flying a day early this time - next time I think it will be 2 days!!!! I had actually wanted to book an earlier flight out today but my boss wanted me to work until 2pm but figured I was still going a day early and there was another flight behind ours to catch if anything went wrong. That one was all booked up as well!!!!

Good luck!! Are you flying USAir? Did you consider flying into Charlotte tonight and staying there to catch the FIRST flight tomorrow morning? I know...your current flight should get you there in plenty of time (10AM) and it probably wasn't worth the hassle of trying to get accommodations for the night in Charlotte.

Ok - just had to vent to my CC buddies here that will understand. We are leaving tomorrow on the Liberty, booked over a year a go, soooooo excited......

Got to the airport today and our flight was delayed so long we couldn't make our connection in Charlotte and there were no other flights to put us on - everything is booked up due to all the rain delays here in the east. :eek: :mad: :( They sent us home rebooked on a 6am flight out tomorrow morning with a connection in Charlotte and we are supposed to arrive in FLL at 9:50am tomorrow. Cross your fingers for us that the flights tomorrow are smooth and uneventful and that this rain ends and the fog lifts overnight. I want to be on that ship tomorrow - I have waited too long to miss this vacation!!!

I am sooooo freaking out right now. :eek: I am trying to tell myself that it will all be ok, plenty of people fly in the day of, etc. etc. but I won't feel better until my feet hit that ship tomorrow!! I thought I was playing it safe by flying a day early this time - next time I think it will be 2 days!!!! I had actually wanted to book an earlier flight out today but my boss wanted me to work until 2pm but figured I was still going a day early and there was another flight behind ours to catch if anything went wrong. That one was all booked up as well!!!!

It will be I am flying in on the day of my cruise and I have high expectations about my decisions.

Have a great time on your trip and don't worry:D

I live in Winston Salem which is an hour from Charlotte. The rain is suppose to stop by early morning tomorrow.

Here is a website http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/USNC0121?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared From what I see on this site and what you are telling me with you being booked already you should be fine.

Hope it helps you with the hourly weather.

I know the rain is not a good thing for you and I truly hope you make your flight and cruise but we have been in an exceptional drought this rain we are receiving is a God Send to us. Not to you but it is to us.

Good Luck. I hope your flight is ontime and a good one!:)

Thanks guys! We are on US Air - the lady at the desk was super helpful - she spent about 30 minutes trying everything she could - sending us to Miami, Palm Beach, everything was booked -even the early flight out of Charlotte in the morning. So looks like this will have to work.

I know we need the rain as well since we are also in a horrible drought. Just my luck, though, that it hasn't rained in 6 months and we get a 3 day downpour just as I'm supposed to leave.

Oh, well. We flew in day of for the Miracle last year and it was fine (we didn't know any better when we booked.) Thought I was ahead of the game this time.

Am starting to calm down now some. Didn't help that they guy at the Sleep Inn rubbed it in that I was still responsible for the room charge when I called to cancel. I knew I was - just didn't need him to remind me of it so soon! Hopefully the travel ins. will reimburse that.

Thanks guys! We are on US Air - the lady at the desk was super helpful - she spent about 30 minutes trying everything she could - sending us to Miami, Palm Beach, everything was booked -even the early flight out of Charlotte in the morning. So looks like this will have to work.

I know we need the rain as well since we are also in a horrible drought. Just my luck, though, that it hasn't rained in 6 months and we get a 3 day downpour just as I'm supposed to leave.

Oh, well. We flew in day of for the Miracle last year and it was fine (we didn't know any better when we booked.) Thought I was ahead of the game this time.

Am starting to calm down now some. Didn't help that they guy at the Sleep Inn rubbed it in that I was still responsible for the room charge when I called to cancel. I knew I was - just didn't need him to remind me of it so soon! Hopefully the travel ins. will reimburse that.

I do hope it will work out for you and yours. I would be very upset if I were you. But the forecast looks good.

I would think since you are booked and the rain stops as it shows on the forecast then you will be fine.

Just in case I hope you bought the insurance. If you did you should be able to get the room cost back.

I'm sure you'll make it just fine.

The airport is only a few minutes ride from the port.

What airport are you flying from into Charlotte?

Roanoke. Our options are somewhat limited being a small regional airport - not to many alternate flights to choose from.

Roanoke. Our options are somewhat limited being a small regional airport - not to many alternate flights to choose from.

We ended up flying from Dulles but I'm sure not worth the 3.5 hour drive for you.

We thought about Roanoke too, figured we'd get a quick visit on the way home with our families(we're both from Roanoke)but we couldn't get a direct flight.

I spent many evenings under the stars, watching planes come in at that airport. That was one of DH's favorite places to go parking:eek: Plus it was close to our homes & could wait till the last minute to make curfew

Gosh until now, I don't think I've ever thought about the airport in Roanoke as being small. Guess I was still looking at it through my childhood eyes.

Good Luck tomorrow...I think you'll be fine

Have tons of fun...I loved the Liberty

I know exactly how you feel. I'll spare you the details, but we went through a similar thing last summer. We made it, but I was unable to relax until we got to MIA with plenty of time to spare. My next cruise is out of NOLA...close enough to drive. And we're going the day before! :)

Archived