Need Liquor Store from FLL to MIA

travelingfools

We will by flying into FLL and have a hotel near the Miami Airport. We will be renting a car and would like to stop on the way to buy wine and cold beer. Where would the best liquor stop be along the way?

There are Publix grocery stores every couple of miles.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I shop at Whole Foods can't answer for your neck of the woods. The point is Publix sells liquor. They've been opening Publix liquor stores across the state during the past year and will continue to open them until the market is saturated. You can call Publix Corporate at 800-242-1227 to see if there's one near you. :rolleyes:

I thought we were in the same "neck of the woods." :)

Anyway, I am very curious as to being able to buy liquor at the grocery store - one stop shopping! I'll call and ask as I've never seen hard liquor in a Publix grocery store, or any grocery store in Florida for that matter, just beer and wine.

I thought perhaps you had seen it first hand since you indicated that the grocery store does, in fact, sell liquor. Makes me wonder if the liquor stores Publix is opening are separate entities from their grocery stores and not actually in the Publix grocery stores (or even under the Publix name) that the out-of-towners would be seeking to find. I bet the parent company uses different names for these entites.

What Publix grocery store around here sells hard liquor? I've shopped at many Publix grocery stores in Miami and Fort Lauderdale and I've never seen hard liquor before. Please do tell! :D

Here ya go, try shopping at one of these... :p

Publix at Sawgrass Center (Store #00678)

5950 Coral Ridge Dr

Coral Springs, FL 33076-3300

Publix at Las Olas (Store #00850)

601 S Andrews Ave

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301-2833

Coral Ridge Shopping Center (Store #00070)

3400 N Federal Hwy

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306-1036

Hallandale Place SC (Store #00402)

1400 E Hallandale Beach Blvd

Hallandale Beach, FL 33009-4617

Cooper City Commons (Store #00820)

9359 Sheridan St

Hollywood, FL 33024-8560

Publix at Dadeland (Store #00658)

9105 S Dadeland Blvd

Miami, FL 33156-7813

Publix Super Market (Store #00223)

14601 S Dixie Hwy

Miami, FL 33176-7926

Try Total Wine in FTL. It is only about 5 minutes from the airport and has great prices on an incredible selection of wines, beers and spirits. They also have an outlet in MIA, but am not sure how convenient that is to you.

I'd be interested to know if the Total Wine in Miami is close to MIA. I'm staying at the Wyndham Hotel at the airport one night pre-cruise and I need to get my liquor for the cruise. I'll be in a taxi so I need location to tell driver. Can anyone help me? Thanks alot.

I'd be interested to know if the Total Wine in Miami is close to MIA. I'm staying at the Wyndham Hotel at the airport one night pre-cruise and I need to get my liquor for the cruise. I'll be in a taxi so I need location to tell driver. Can anyone help me? Thanks alot.

It's doable but it would be a little out of the way from MIA.

Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=mia&daddr=14750+Biscayne+Boulevard,+North+Miami,+FL+33181&sll=25.87672,-80.16872&sspn=0.234763,0.31929&ie=UTF8&z=13&om=1

Store page:

http://www.totalwine.com/StoreList.aspx?state=FL&store=912

Bequia, you're the greatest!! I was at the Publix website yesterday (or was it the day before?) and saw that I could search for store locations by criteria ("liquor store"). Unfortnately, all of those locations are a bit of a road trip for me. I live on the next island south of the Port of Miami....oh well...no "one stop shopping" for me.

I used to live in South Florida and work for Publix. There are no Liquor Stores down there yet. I now live in Gainesville and actually work in a Publix here that DOES have a Liquor Store attached. It's not very big, but they do carry a variety of spirits.

You can also check in Miami for ABC or Crown Liquor stores all around the area. That is your best bet down there. You can go to Walgreens and see which locations have them also.

Good Luck!

I used to live in South Florida and work for Publix. There are no Liquor Stores down there yet.

You must have moved quite awhile ago Vidimom, there are 7 Publix's with liquor stores in Broward and Dade County now. I picked up liquor at store #00070 this past Friday. :rolleyes:

Publix at Sawgrass Center (Store #00678)

5950 Coral Ridge Dr

Coral Springs, FL 33076-3300

Publix at Las Olas (Store #00850)

601 S Andrews Ave

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301-2833

Coral Ridge Shopping Center (Store #00070)

3400 N Federal Hwy

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306-1036

Hallandale Place SC (Store #00402)

1400 E Hallandale Beach Blvd

Hallandale Beach, FL 33009-4617

Cooper City Commons (Store #00820)

9359 Sheridan St

Hollywood, FL 33024-8560

Publix at Dadeland (Store #00658)

9105 S Dadeland Blvd

Miami, FL 33156-7813

Publix Super Market (Store #00223)