Carnival Transfer

dnice1979

I am using Carnival transfer on December 03 when I arrive to sail on the Imaginatio. I was wondering does anyone how it works. Do you have to waut for forever and a day or when you arrive at the airport they will be there Just a bit curious I wanted to know what I am going to be dealing with.:cool:

I have never used a Carnival transfer from the airport, I prefer a taxi, but since you are cruising solo, the transfer is probably cheaper. Whenever I land in Miami International and head toward baggage claim, there is always a Carnival rep holding up a sign for people who want to use their transfer service. You should have no problem spotting them. Can't tell you how long the wait is but I assume you will have to wait for the coach bus to fill up somewhat before departing for the cruise terminal.

IMHO...

I would not use the shuttles.

If you search you find stories of shuttle which PAX paid carnival for cause

them to miss the ship. CCL uses mears sometimes to transport you to the

airport. If your plane, or someone else flight, is late this will cause you

to miss your ship. There was a thread about 4 weeks or so where a lady

miss the ship when mears was waiting for another customer on another

flight. They were told they were in touch with the ship. But when they

arrive the ship was pulling off and would not return.

I would pay for a taxi myself and forget the wait and get to the

port on your own. Many cases its the same price or just a few $$ more.

My preference is to fly the night before. Get a hotel near the port. Many

hotel have free shuttles which will take you to the port. This way you can

get a good night rest before your vacation. We all know we need our rest

before a cruise.

Good Luck.

I have used other cruise lines transfers, and as the above poster said, you wait for the bus to pretty much fill up. Depending on when you arrive, the bus maybe almost full, and you could be that last passenger they are waiting for, before they leave for the port!:) My experience has been that you usually leave with in a half hour, after you board the bus. It seems like forever, but it isn't. If it is any where near time to sail, don't wait, use a cab.

KT

IMHO...

I would not use the shuttles.

If you search you find stories of shuttle which PAX paid carnival for cause

them to miss the ship. CCL uses mears sometimes to transport you to the

airport. If your plane, or someone else flight, is late this will cause you

to miss your ship. There was a thread about 4 weeks or so where a lady

miss the ship when mears was waiting for another customer on another

flight. They were told they were in touch with the ship. But when they

arrive the ship was pulling off and would not return.

I would pay for a taxi myself and forget the wait and get to the

port on your own. Many cases its the same price or just a few $$ more.

My preference is to fly the night before. Get a hotel near the port. Many

hotel have free shuttles which will take you to the port. This way you can

get a good night rest before your vacation. We all know we need our rest

before a cruise.

Good Luck.

I would have flown in the night before but unfortunately i could not do because I had prior engagement that I had to do. thats why I got the first flight out that morning

Carnival reps will usually be found in the arrival terminal as well as at baggage claim, directing newly arriving passengers. From baggage claim you will be directed out to the shuttle boarding area. You will be directed to queue-up and wait to board a shuttle. The shuttle will not leave until it is full. You will be taken to the pier where you will be asked to remain seated until all baggage has been unloaded next to the bus. You will then need to claim your bags and take them to the porters loading the ship.

In my opinion the whole shuttle process in Miami is a hassle. I can understand why people use if if they have it included as part of their Carnival air package. Since we book our own airfare we do not use the shuttles in Miami. Once was more than enough. Even traveling single you will spend about $5 more each way to use a cab. In my opinion the convenience is more than worth the extra money.

We used the transfers from Fort Lauderdale to the Port of Miami and also in San Juan. Both times, it was by motor coach and was pretty full when the bus departed. But we also booked air though Carnival and there were many cruisers on our flight so it wasn't very long before the bus left the airport.

On the return from the port, it was very easy since the motor coaches were there and departed very soon after the luggage was loaded.

On our next cruise, we're flying in a day before so we won't be using the transfers to the port but I've booked the return transfer to the airport. I might use it or not, depending on if this is available for self assist debarkations.

I am using Carnival transfer on December 03 when I arrive to sail on the Imaginatio. I was wondering does anyone how it works. Do you have to waut for forever and a day or when you arrive at the airport they will be there Just a bit curious I wanted to know what I am going to be dealing with.:cool:

Since we used the Fly-A-Wiegh program many times, this comes with transfers.

The way it works, your plane lands and a Carnival Rep holding the Carnival sign will greet you at the gate or over by baggage claim. Then you check in with them as they are have you on their list. They take you over to pick up your baggage and walk you over to the bus. Bus will take you either to the hotel or the cruise terminal.

The wait is basically everyone waiting and getting their baggage, then the bus driver has to load all of the baggage onto and off the bus once it arrives. It works well if you have the patients. Never had a problem using their bus transfers to and from the airport.

Today and only because info from this website I would rather just pay $24.00 and get a cab.

Fred

Since we used the Fly-A-Wiegh program many times, this comes with transfers.

The way it works, your plane lands and a Carnival Rep holding the Carnival sign will greet you at the gate or over by baggage claim. Then you check in with them as they are have you on their list. They take you over to pick up your baggage and walk you over to the bus. Bus will take you either to the hotel or the cruise terminal.

Since this was first time I did not know what to expect. But I am going to see what is all about so I will know for next time. I appreciate the rapid responses.

My girls and I used it once. We came in early and had to wait about 11/2 hrs to get on the bus. I always fly in the day before and take a taxi now. The bus sits there on limited air conditioning so if it is hot outside it is certainly hot inside.

so basically i am in for a long wait

so basically i am in for a long wait

I've cruised quite a few times alone and on several occasions used the shuttle that Carnival provided. It will be fine. You will get to the ship on time.

I don't recall seeing the Carnival sign when I got off the plane, but rather when I was down getting my luggage. You approach them and let them know who you are. They will have a list of all the passengers that they need to pick up. Then you go get your luggage. Once they have all the passengers at that terminal for the flights that have arrived around the same time, they will call the bus for you to board. The bus may stop at the next terminal ... but don't worry, you're already on the bus. The bus will drop you off right where you need to go at the cruise terminal.

The shuttle people do this for Carnival all day, every day. They know what they are doing.

I was concerned when I was traveling alone, but felt comfortable and safe with the process. And, no, I didn't wait for hours ... not sure why people are telling you that.

Don't worry, it's a smooth process! Have fun!:p :p :p

I must add this, around 2 months ago someone posted that they waited on the bus for like 2 hour and when they got to the pier they saw the ship getting underway, they missed the ship. Maybe someone will post the link to that thread.

I learned from that one that if you arrive around 3pm, forget that bus, get a cab and get to the terminal ASAP.

Fred

I must add this, around 2 months ago someone posted that they waited on the bus for like 2 hour and when they got to the pier they saw the ship getting underway, they missed the ship. Maybe someone will post the link to that thread.

I learned from that one that if you arrive around 3pm, forget that bus, get a cab and get to the terminal ASAP.

Fred

All of my experiences were positive. I had also booked my flight through Carnival. When booking your flight and transfer through Carnival, they will ensure that you get to the ship on time. If not, they will fly you to your first port to catch up to the ship.

I was concerned about missing things too, especially being from Chicago where the weather in the winter was really uncertain! That's why I spent a bit extra and booked everything through Carnival. Just in case.

Maybe the people that missed the ship should have booked an earlier flight or flew down the prior day?!?

In any event, I wouldn't worry too much ... the odds are in your favor!

:p :p

I've cruised quite a few times alone and on several occasions used the shuttle that Carnival provided. It will be fine. You will get to the ship on time.

I don't recall seeing the Carnival sign when I got off the plane, but rather when I was down getting my luggage. You approach them and let them know who you are. They will have a list of all the passengers that they need to pick up. Then you go get your luggage. Once they have all the passengers at that terminal for the flights that have arrived around the same time, they will call the bus for you to board. The bus may stop at the next terminal ... but don't worry, you're already on the bus. The bus will drop you off right where you need to go at the cruise terminal.

The shuttle people do this for Carnival all day, every day. They know what they are doing.

I was concerned when I was traveling alone, but felt comfortable and safe with the process. And, no, I didn't wait for hours ... not sure why people are telling you that.

Don't worry, it's a smooth process! Have fun!:p :p :p

Thanks for the words of reassurement

All of my experiences were positive. I had also booked my flight through Carnival. When booking your flight and transfer through Carnival, they will ensure that you get to the ship on time. If not, they will fly you to your first port to catch up to the ship.

I was concerned about missing things too, especially being from Chicago where the weather in the winter was really uncertain! That's why I spent a bit extra and booked everything through Carnival. Just in case.

Maybe the people that missed the ship should have booked an earlier flight or flew down the prior day?!?

In any event, I wouldn't worry too much ... the odds are in your favor!

:p :p

I was thinking the same thing since I am arriving at 10:45 in the morning

Thanks for the words of reassurement

No problem ... just relax and have a fun trip!

Just remember ... some people think the glass is half empty, others think it is half full. It's all a matter of perspective and attitude.

Think positive and ENJOY! :p :p

You rarely have to wait more than 10 or 15 minutes for a bus to leave. Usually, the first bus out leaves at 11:00 or 11:30 AM, and there will be a crowd of early arrivers waiting for it, so it will leave quickly.

The only time you have to worry about this is you arrive late, very close to sailing time. If you see you are cutting it close, skip the bus and take a taxi. Even though you lose the cost of the Carnival bus, you catch the ship.

Whenever possible, arrive the day before. At best, you are all rested up and excited to go aboard. Even in the worst case, you are in time for the ship. We go the day before, even though we fly in from Atlanta, a short non-stop flight.

Travel insurance helps if all else fails.

Archived