3 days to Pacific Dawn??

epal

Just looked a the P&O web site it says 3 days to the Dawn Yesterday it was counting the days the the 735 cruise it had 7days Why the Change :confused: I hope she is ready for our cruise when she arrives

I hope she is ready for our cruise when she arrives

I'm sure you would have heard by now if it wasn't.

Just sit back, relax - and enjoy.:p

Then file a quick trip report so we who are following closely behind you get all the good info. :D :) ;)

Just looked a the P&O web site it says 3 days to the Dawn Yesterday it was counting the days the the 735 cruise it had 7days Why the Change :confused: I hope she is ready for our cruise when she arrives

I noticed that too but I thought and hoped it just meant they have changed it to when it arrives in Sydney. I wish our friend onboard would contact his parents!!!

DON'T PANIC

The cruise is departing at the same time it always was.

Pacific Dawn has been listed on Sydney Ports website for months as arriving back from Singapore on the morning of 6th November. The website is correct - she will be here in 3 sleeps time (Had 4 and 5 days last two days I have looked - currently cruising off the North Qld coast). She will be berthed at White Bay for 2 days, then move to OPT for the viewing tour and namning ceremony on the 8th November before setting of on her maiden voyage on Friday the 9th.

I think she will be ready, or she would still be in drydock.

Cheers

Geoff

Yes..like most of us on P&O Australia CC..I am excited. Glad I had the experience of RP last trip, but equally excited about Pacific Dawn. Gee, you people going on board for the first trip must be hypo..why not.:p

And for all you Pacific Dawn cruisers, enjoy the 'old lady.' :D

You know, this P&O Aust CC board is great, most of us feel friends..like to meet you all on a cruise one day..

Cheers..Les:cool:

Yes..like most of us on P&O Australia CC..I am excited. Glad I had the experience of RP last trip, but equally excited about Pacific Dawn. Gee, you people going on board for the first trip must be hypo..why not.:p

And for all you Pacific Dawn cruisers, enjoy the 'old lady.' :D

You know, this P&O Aust CC board is great, most of us feel friends..like to meet you all on a cruise one day..

Cheers..Les:cool:

I am very very excited Les, I'm looking forward to meeting every one who I've met on these boards, almost as much as the cruise its self. These boards have enhanced the cruise experience so much that now 18mths doesnt seem like a long wait. I'm Trying too keep it to gether just a couple more day till PARTY TIME:D :p :) Cheers elaine

I am very very excited Les, I'm looking forward to meeting every one who I've met on these boards, almost as much as the cruise its self. These boards have enhanced the cruise experience so much that now 18mths doesnt seem like a long wait. I'm Trying too keep it to gether just a couple more day till PARTY TIME:D :p :) Cheers elaine

I second that Elaine

I'm trying hard to stay as calm as possible with only 4 days till we go to Sydney.:D

And only 5 till cruising away:eek: It certainly has been an experience

talking to a diverse group of people only being alike in love of CRUISING

Cheers Gail

Hi Gail,

I tried to find the news report on the net with no luck. But I did find this on a Vanuatu news website:

One month to go: Pacific Dawn arrives in Vanuatu 18 November pdf_button.pngprintButton.pngemailButton.png Written by Tiffany Carroll In just one month, on Sunday 18 November, Port Vila will play host to P&O Cruises’ latest ship, the 245m superliner Pacific Dawn.

Local dignitaries including Prime Minister Ham Lini have been invited on board the 70,000-ton superliner. “We share the excitement of the Vanuatu community in welcoming the Pacific Dawn and her 2050 passengers on her maiden voyage to Port Vila and Mystery Island,” P&O Cruises chief executive officer Ann Sherry said.

“Vila and Mystery Island have always been on the top of the list for our passengers’ favourite destinations. With the addition of the Pacific Dawn to our fleet, we will be bringing 150,000 people to Vanuatu next year.”

Ms. Sherry said with the sale of the Pacific Star (her last voyage to Vanuatu will be in February 2008) and introduction of the Pacific Dawn, P&O Cruises’ capacity will increase by 20%.

“The Pacific Dawn will regularly call in to Vila and many outer island ports, including Santo, Malekula, Aneityum and Pentecost in the next 12 months, significantly boosting tourism figures in Vanuatu.

“Vanuatu has so much to offer our passengers. Its unique custom and culture, great duty free shopping, friendly people and fantastic land tours ensure that it remains our most popular destination.”

FAST FACTS:

• Length: 245m
  • Gross tonnage: 70,000 tonnes
  • Decks: 11
  • Crew: 696 (one per three passengers)
  • Cabins: 795
  • Suites: 14 suites with private balconies; 36 mini suites with private balconies
  • Passenger facilities: Two restaurants, nine bars & lounges, whirlpool spas, library, pizzeria, jogging track, showlounge, medical centre, gym and health spa.

We're not the only ones getting excited. :D

Archived