Splendour - Just Returned From 1st Ever Cruise

marc62

Just returned home from our first ever cruise, the Splendour Of The Seas is a fantastice ship & RCI provided a superb holiday. We have even booked another cruise on board for Feb 2009!

Happy to answer any questions

Marc

I'm glad you enjoyed your first cruise!:) We're sailing on Splendour on Nov 24th - we can't wait! This will be our first cruise on RCCL, but 10th overall.

Did you eat most of your dinners in the main dining room? If so, what did you think of the food? How were the shows? Did you get towel animals in your room?

Many thanks

Lisa

Hi Lisa

We ate tn the King & I every night, the service was superb & the food even better!!, we even had lobster>

The entertainment was excellent apart from 3 lads from Argentina.

The towel animals were left in our room each night, we stayed in a Junior Suite (8030), our stewerd was also excellent

Marc

Hi Kim

I am afraid that I may not be helpful on your questions

We flew into Venice on the day of sailing & left for the airport as soon as we docked, we do wish we had booked a day to spend in Venice.

Ensure you have a good position on the port side on sailaway, the city will be in fron of you & you pass St Marks Square, a sight that you will never forget.

We went on two trips (my wife & I)

1, Dubrovnik Walk The Wall

It is well worth walking the wall but we could have got the ships transportation for 5 Dollars & walked the wall for 5 Dollars, a total of 20 Dollars. We booked the ships trip in advance which cost 76 Dollars & you have to make your own way back on ships transporation!.

2,Pyrgos Village with Mezes & Wine

Well worth while just to avoid the 2 hour Q for the cable car not to mention the wait for a tender launch! The trip was expensive (138 USD)but an experiance & view to be rembered.

On all the other ports we done our own thing, we do now wish that we had taken a trip to view the ruins in Turkey. After an hour the locals do wear you down & become a pest in the town of Kusidassi. They will not leave you alone at all, even if you are just sitting having a coffee. In the end it is hard to say a polite no, we just chosse to go back to the ship ^ had the pool to ourselves.

Marc

Just returned home from our first ever cruise, the Splendour Of The Seas is a fantastice ship & RCI provided a superb holiday. We have even booked another cruise on board for Feb 2009!

Marc

Hallo Marc62

can you tell me who is the current Cruise Director of the Splendour of the Seas?

Marc

I'm so proud of you...first time cruiser...booked another while still onboard...and you ALREADY have your new countdown clock!!! You're GOOD!! Welcome to the crazy addiction of cruising!!

Archived