Open Seating?

flvol77

I'll dine either way. But if we were to choose, I'd pick open dining. I don't think a poll on this board will change the future of what will be or not be. I didn't vote, must have missed it. Everything else on the ship is flexible, I'd like my dining time to be as well. But if not, I'm not gonna cry.

I don't think that there is much doubt that open dining is coming. At least on the Freedom and Genisis class ships. It is the "grap a meal and run" young family of today that RCI is currently marketing toward.

My only hope is that they leave the Voyager and older classes of ship alone. :)

I know many people talk about the luxury lines that use the open concept and still maintain excellent dining standards but I really don't see RCI going that route. :rolleyes: I think the quality of food will continue to decline and the offerings will be simplified to appeal to all those families with children. When was the last time you saw a 10 year old order consumme, stuffed mushrooms, and roast duck? :D

It is not that I don't think you can have open dining and quality, elegant dining. But I don't think that is in the RCI "master plan".....

:D :) Ive done the open seating flim flam on N.C.L. and i dont want long lines,bad food and the whole herd mentality on R.C.C.L. I realy beleive the open crowd would settle for taco bell.mc donalds,etc on board if they could Ive talked to other cruisers on other lines and the bottom line is long lines and a deffinate cheapness of the whole cruise experiance.As i would say are you to busy or important to sit down and enjoy a meal with your mates on board or just want to eat in gym shorts and sandles with fast food,:eek: :eek: oh my,maybe you will meet someone famous at your dinner table or realy nice people,now tell your story walking and table a real dumb option imo lets keep RCCL a relaxing fun time ,.why change perfection RCCL is great just the way it is now .You should not be in a hurry as a family your on vacation ,they got kids meals .I just dont get this rat race mentality of always rushing to go no where.

Talk about a misrepresentation of fact.....

First of all, no one is a "bully" for having an opinion or preference. It could just as easily be argued that the freestyle "bullies" do not permist any reasoned representation of thoughts or opinions concerning traditional dining.

To the best of my knowledge CC has not granted any of its members the ability to deleted or alter anyone else's comments.

You are, therefore, allowed to post any "reasoned representation of thoughts or opinions" concerning freestyle that you wish - as long as you do it in a way that does not abuse community guidelines (ie without flaming, etc.)

But by the same token, traditional dining fans should - and do - have the same right. :)

:D :) Ive done the open seating flim flam on N.C.L. and i dont want long lines,bad food and the whole herd mentality on R.C.C.L. I realy beleive the open crowd would settle for taco bell.mc donalds,etc on board if they could Ive talked to other cruisers on other lines and the bottom line is long lines and a deffinate cheapness of the whole cruise experiance.As i would say are you to busy or important to sit down and enjoy a meal with your mates on board or just want to eat in gym shorts and sandles with fast food,:eek: :eek: oh my,maybe you will meet someone famous at your dinner table or realy nice people,now tell your story walking and table a real dumb option imo lets keep RCCL a relaxing fun time ,.why change perfection RCCL is great just the way it is now .You should not be in a hurry as a family your on vacation ,they got kids meals .I just dont get this rat race mentality of always rushing to go no where.[/quote]

Tranquil Waters, do you want to rethink "any reasoned representation of thoughts and opinions"?

:D :) Ive done the open seating flim flam on N.C.L. and i dont want long lines,bad food and the whole herd mentality on R.C.C.L. I realy beleive the open crowd would settle for taco bell.mc donalds,etc on board if they could Ive talked to other cruisers on other lines and the bottom line is long lines and a deffinate cheapness of the whole cruise experiance.As i would say are you to busy or important to sit down and enjoy a meal with your mates on board or just want to eat in gym shorts and sandles with fast food,:eek: :eek: oh my,maybe you will meet someone famous at your dinner table or realy nice people,now tell your story walking and table a real dumb option imo lets keep RCCL a relaxing fun time ,.why change perfection RCCL is great just the way it is now .You should not be in a hurry as a family your on vacation ,they got kids meals .I just dont get this rat race mentality of always rushing to go no where.[/quote]

Tranquil Waters, do you want to rethink "any reasoned representation of thoughts and opinions"?

I think that is a pretty accurate summation.

I HATE traditional dining. I do not like to be told when to eat, and with whom!! I do not enjoy making conversation with strangers whom I will never see again and then have to wait until the entire table is finished before I can leave. To me that is just awful. I know lots of folks enjoy that, but I really would like to have the choice....and don't say "eat in the Windjammer" because I do like to have a nice dinner with waiters. Princess offers both traditional and anytime dining. What's wrong with that? BTW, I am NOT antisocial...I enjoy meeting and conversing with folks on a bus, on the deck, at the pool, etc., but not at dinner.

:D :) Ive done the open seating flim flam on N.C.L. and i dont want long lines,bad food and the whole herd mentality on R.C.C.L. I realy beleive the open crowd would settle for taco bell.mc donalds,etc on board if they could Ive talked to other cruisers on other lines and the bottom line is long lines and a deffinate cheapness of the whole cruise experiance.As i would say are you to busy or important to sit down and enjoy a meal with your mates on board or just want to eat in gym shorts and sandles with fast food,:eek: :eek: oh my,maybe you will meet someone famous at your dinner table or realy nice people,now tell your story walking and table a real dumb option imo lets keep RCCL a relaxing fun time ,.why change perfection RCCL is great just the way it is now .You should not be in a hurry as a family your on vacation ,they got kids meals .I just dont get this rat race mentality of always rushing to go no where.

Wow. We must have been on different NCL to you. We turned up for dinner every night when we wanted to, every night we were seated immediately at a table for two by ourselves, we controlled the pace at which the dinner was served, and consequently we both felt the meals came out hotter and freshly prepared, and were easily of equal or better quality than RCI. Because we did not have to eat at the pace of every one else at the table, and have our plates swooped away the second we put our knives and forks down, our dinners were more relaxed and enjoyable. Perhaps it is an European thing to take time over dinner.

I HATE traditional dining. I do not like to be told when to eat, and with whom!! I do not enjoy making conversation with strangers whom I will never see again and then have to wait until the entire table is finished before I can leave. To me that is just awful. I know lots of folks enjoy that, but I really would like to have the choice....and don't say "eat in the Windjammer" because I do like to have a nice dinner with waiters. Princess offers both traditional and anytime dining. What's wrong with that? BTW, I am NOT antisocial...I enjoy meeting and conversing with folks on a bus, on the deck, at the pool, etc., but not at dinner.

Then sail with Princess ! ! !

At least I didn't say "Eat in the Windjammer" !!!!

Then sail with Princess ! ! !

At least I didn't say "Eat in the Windjammer" !!!!

Well, I guess I'll just sail with whatever cruise line I choose. My point was why not offer open seating ALONG WITH traditional? Why do those who love traditional shake and tremble at the thought of having options? I can understand why many enjoy traditional dining, but I don't and would love to have a choice. And since both RCI and HAL are considering doing just that proves that there are many who want to have the choice for open seating.

Archived