RCCL Insurance or www.insuremytrip.com?

3redheads

This may be one area which is offered by RCCL insurance, but not other companies:

SPECIAL CRUISECARE CRUISE VACATION CANCELLATION ENHANCEMENT

CRUISECARE “ANY REASON” CRUISE CREDITS……Up To 75% of the non-refundable

pre-paid Cruise Vacation Cost

Provided EXCLUSIVELY by Royal Caribbean International

In the event that you choose to cancel for a reason not authorized above or for a reason that is

otherwise restricted, at any time up until departure, and you have purchased CruiseCare, Royal

Caribbean International will provide you a cruise credit equal to 75% of the non-refundable value of your

Cruise Vacation prepaid to Royal Caribbean International, for your use toward a future cruise. This

additional enhancement is offered exclusively by Royal Caribbean International as a special service to

guests that purchase this cruise ticket Cancellation Penalty Waiver Addendum. Certain restrictions on

the use of these cruise credits (such as blackout periods) may apply. Credits are valid for one year from

issue date, are not transferable, and have no cash value. To be eligible for credits, notification of

cancellation must be given to Royal Caribbean International prior to the ship’s departure. Once you’ve

cancelled with Royal Caribbean

We have purchased both and have used both with no problems (both times,due to DH health he could not go at the last minute and we hd no problem getting our money back). The only thing we didn't get back was the port charges and gov.tax. The insurance said that was supposed to be re-embursed by RCI but they didn't and I didn't pursue it.

There is an additional premium but I'm almost positive they now have that provision on some of the companies that Insure my trip offers.

Yes - they have cancel for any reason plans on the site.

:) You are correct deb154, there is an additional fee, but you would actually get your money back - not just a cruise credit.

Also, you can insure all your prepaid, nonrefundable travel expense including your cruise, airfare, hotel, car rental, etc...

In my past experiences, if the insurance is purchased through the cruise line and you purchase your airfare separately you would not covered for the air portion...

you may want to confirm, since it has been a while since I have used the cruise line insurance.

I would not recommend cruise line insurance.

For our last cruise, we took out STAtravel insurance. It offers more coverage for less money if you are only needing coverage for a 7 day cruise. It still offers more coverage for longer trips, but does cost more than a policy with acceptable coverage from insuremytrip. STAtravel is primarily for students, but the insurance is not age specfic. Also, the coverage is underwriten by Berkley Care, which we have collected from on 2 previous occasions for cancelled Princess cruises. I think Berkley Care is the underwriter for RCI's insurance as well.

This may be one area which is offered by RCCL insurance, but not other companies:

SPECIAL CRUISECARE CRUISE VACATION CANCELLATION ENHANCEMENT

CRUISECARE “ANY REASON” CRUISE CREDITS……Up To 75% of the non-refundable

pre-paid Cruise Vacation Cost

Provided EXCLUSIVELY by Royal Caribbean International

In the event that you choose to cancel for a reason not authorized above or for a reason that is

otherwise restricted, at any time up until departure, and you have purchased CruiseCare, Royal

Caribbean International will provide you a cruise credit equal to 75% of the non-refundable value of your

Cruise Vacation prepaid to Royal Caribbean International, for your use toward a future cruise. This

additional enhancement is offered exclusively by Royal Caribbean International as a special service to

guests that purchase this cruise ticket Cancellation Penalty Waiver Addendum. Certain restrictions on

the use of these cruise credits (such as blackout periods) may apply. Credits are valid for one year from

issue date, are not transferable, and have no cash value. To be eligible for credits, notification of

cancellation must be given to Royal Caribbean International prior to the ship’s departure. Once you’ve

cancelled with Royal Caribbean

I do not look at a credit for a future cruise as being much of a benefit, especially with the black out dates and expiratation.

Archived