Best watershoes for DRF???

RACHELRUTH

My hubby and I are doing DRF in Jamaica and I was wondering what works best as far as shoes?

The cheapies that you slip on and buy at walmart? the more "tennis shoe" looking watershoes? I know closed toe...just hoping to get some advice from those who've done it on what grips the rocks best. I'd rather not slip and fall on my butt!!!! :)

Lots of people wear the slip-on Walmart type. That's also the kind they rent there. I wore teva sandals and got along fine, though I know some people complained of rocks getting into sandals. I'd think the ones that look more like tennis shoes would probably be the best of all, especially the closed toe kind. Just be sure you have good traction and they don't slip around on your feet.

I agree, get the cheap Walmart ones. My husband and I did the falls about 5 years ago and that's what I used. My husband used sandals with the velcro closures and the little rocks can get in and hurt. I bought cheap water shoes for the kids and my husband bought himself a pair for next week when we go back to Ocho Rios with the kids.

My hubby and I are doing DRF in Jamaica and I was wondering what works best as far as shoes?

The cheapies that you slip on and buy at walmart? the more "tennis shoe" looking watershoes? I know closed toe...just hoping to get some advice from those who've done it on what grips the rocks best. I'd rather not slip and fall on my butt!!!! :)

Myself and my 3 kids wore the sneaker type that I ordered from LandsEnd. They worked really well. The cost was around $30. It was the only time that we wore them and they were still wet before we went home. I might consider renting them next time.

Is there a reason why people buy them instead of renting them? I'm just wondering if you aren't going to use them ever again, why you wouldn't save the room in your luggage (and your money) and rent them. I know we will never use ours again and was sure we would just rent.

Is there a reason why people buy them instead of renting them? I'm just wondering if you aren't going to use them ever again, why you wouldn't save the room in your luggage (and your money) and rent them. I know we will never use ours again and was sure we would just rent.

Personally, we will use ours again. My husband's in the military and stationed in Hawaii for at least another 2 years so I figured we'll get some use out of 'em!

The ones I bought were only $7..and the ones at DRF are $5 so it's not a big difference and they don't take up a lot of room. Just one less thing we have to do once we're there now! :) I don't think there's anything "wrong" with renting them though. I saw somewhere in another post that they saw the rental shoes in a bucket of cleaning stuff so it sounds fine really.

Personally, we will use ours again. My husband's in the military and stationed in Hawaii for at least another 2 years so I figured we'll get some use out of 'em!

The ones I bought were only $7..and the ones at DRF are $5 so it's not a big difference and they don't take up a lot of room. Just one less thing we have to do once we're there now! :) I don't think there's anything "wrong" with renting them though. I saw somewhere in another post that they saw the rental shoes in a bucket of cleaning stuff so it sounds fine really.

Thanks for your response, as I've never seen anyone talk about renting them and wondered what the "problem" was.:o

Archived