Jade Restaurant Questions...

Kely98

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of sushi they offer at Jade Restaurant? Is it just california rolls, etc or do they have eel, octopus, fresh salmon...? What hours are they open? Is it always packed? My husband LOVES sushi, and is really looking forward to having it EVERYDAY on our upcoming cruise Dec. 1st on Liberty of the Seas. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks!

Kelly

Hi Kelly, I'm not going to be much help but hopefully you will get alot more information from others.

I loved the Jade resturant. They had a good selection of sushi and I do remember that they had smoked eel. They also had many other offerings that were excellent. We ended up going every other night for dinner because I just preferred the food there over the diningroom.

I believe that the hours were from 6 till 9:30 and it was never crowded. In fact I remember thinking that there were so few people that I hoped they wouldn't discontinue the Jade.

True sushi lovers say that it isn't up to paar but I loved it. :)

True sushi lovers, like myself, say it isn't up to paar because it isn't really sushi. They don't serve any raw fish, and don't go expecting anything more than an extention of the windjamer buffet. That is all it is. They serve different kinds of Asian food, like Indian, Chinese, Thai, etc. Not just Japanese. And the sushi is horrible. Again, it is just an extention of the windjammer. The only ship that has a seperate Jade restaurant is Monarch, and Jade has a charge on that ship. And it is still horrible. We actually walked out.

True sushi lovers, like myself, say it isn't up to paar because it isn't really sushi. They don't serve any raw fish, and don't go expecting anything more than an extention of the windjamer buffet. That is all it is. They serve different kinds of Asian food, like Indian, Chinese, Thai, etc. Not just Japanese. And the sushi is horrible. Again, it is just an extention of the windjammer. The only ship that has a seperate Jade restaurant is Monarch, and Jade has a charge on that ship. And it is still horrible. We actually walked out.

Are you sugar-coating your opinion? It is OK to be blunt. :D

Archived