aft cabin on the stern on the destiny

coco6

Hi, I'm booked in cabin 6373 for July 20th. Its on the upper deck and its a balcony room in the back corner of the ship. Can anyone tell me how this room is? I have never been in a balcony room before. Also, I have heard people say that if your prone to motion sickness that you do not want to stay in these rooms, is that true?

Any information on this room would be helpful.

Thanks

We were in the cabin 6375 on Destiny and I can say that WE did feel a lot more motion than our previous 2 cruises. We never experience sea sickness in the past, but on Destiny, there was a time or two that we both felt queasy. We did not actually get full blown seasick, just a queasy feeling here and there and it quickly passed. Only thing we could figure is that it was because of the extra motion from the ship. We could be totally wrong about what caused the queasiness, but because of that I wont book another aft. I did enjoy the view back there though!

well this will be my third cruise and I have never had a room at the very back of the boat. do you think the nice room and nice balcony is worth the motion sickness? I take medicine for motion sickness regardless if i need it or not but it just makes me so sleepy that i don't enjoy the cruise. Is the room smaller then normal or bigger? how is the divider on the balcony between my room and the next room? could we see each other or is it blocked?

Ive had the corner aft cabin on my last 3 cruises. I get very sea sick. I wore the patch and took meds at night so I didnt feel so sleepy. Also try the non drowsiness ones. You can feel the motion a little more in the back but it rocks you to sleep. Ive never slept so good in my life. I would definately take some medication with you just in case and take it immediately if you feel the slightest symptom of sea sickness. Our afts on the Conquest and Valor were larger. We had alot of windows which was fantastic. The dividers are very tall but you could see over if you tried. We had 2 other couples with us on the aft and we opened all the balcony dividers and had a huge balcony. It was awesome!

well this will be my third cruise and I have never had a room at the very back of the boat. do you think the nice room and nice balcony is worth the motion sickness? I take medicine for motion sickness regardless if i need it or not but it just makes me so sleepy that i don't enjoy the cruise. Is the room smaller then normal or bigger? how is the divider on the balcony between my room and the next room? could we see each other or is it blocked?

We were in cabin 6373 on Oct. 21 and if I had it to do again I would take it in a heartbeat. I don't get motion sickness so the rocking didn't bother me (it was only bad one night - we were in front of TS Noel). The rocking motion kind of puts you to sleep. The room is pretty good size - in comparison to other cabins I really don't know. There is a king size bed and a couch in there. The bathroom is pretty small. Don't leave anything on the bathroom floor while you're taking a shower cause sometimes the floor would flood. The balcony is enormous. On the back side the divider is slanted so you can see your neighbors if you are standing at the rail and the divider on the side is kind of like a door (but it can't be opened). I have some pictures when I figure out how to post them I will.

Ok yes please post the pics when you get a chance. I guess I will keep the room and just take the motion sickness meds at night. What about soot? I read some people talk about how in the back of the boat soot covers everything, is that true? also, is it noisy back there?

Ok yes please post the pics when you get a chance. I guess I will keep the room and just take the motion sickness meds at night. What about soot? I read some people talk about how in the back of the boat soot covers everything, is that true? also, is it noisy back there?

There was a little soot on the chairs some mornings, just remember to wipe them off with towels before you sit down. We had more problems with people throwing cigarette butts off the back of the ship and landing on the balcony. It wasn't noisy at all. The cabin door and the cabin door next door (6371) were like in a alcove so that they weren't actually along the hallway. Does that make sense? We never heard any noise from the lounge below us either. It's a great room, you won't regret it.

Hi, I'm booked in cabin 6373 for July 20th. Its on the upper deck and its a balcony room in the back corner of the ship. Can anyone tell me how this room is? I have never been in a balcony room before. Also, I have heard people say that if your prone to motion sickness that you do not want to stay in these rooms, is that true?

Thanks

You have one of the best cabins on the ship. The idea that there is more motion is ONLY TECHNICALLY TRUE. It is NOT a case of your room heaving up and down while a midship cabin is calm. If your cabin is rocking, so is theirs, just a few percentage points less. If the midship cabin is calm, you will be too. The motion factor is 99% sea conditions, not ship location. On todays ships there is a center of gravity, AND a center of mass, AND a pivot point. All are in different places, reducing the effect of any one of them. Plus ships all have stabilizers [wings under the water] to reduce motion.

YOU WILL BE SPOILED AFTER THIS.

Dan

We are aft cabin snobs, and will never go back to the side!! These are the best cabins and I don't think the motion is any worse. The purr of the engines is sooo soothing, and the views are great. We never had any soot. One of the best parts is the community feel, chatting with neighbors. I only wish I could afford the wrap like you have!!!

Thanks

One thing to note about aft cabins. You will experience some vibration from time to time. This really bothers some people. I think they don't understand it and it scares them. Please don't let it bother you. It is normal and natural cavatation from the props when the ship changes speed. When starting out, increasing speed or reversing, the props actually create voids [holes] in the water. Water rushes in to fill these voids causing some vibration. Nothing to be concerned about. [Google it]

Dan

We had 6346 and the inlaws had 6373. In our room we could feel the motion (at least I could, but was my first cruise in all). They are real nice rooms though.

Can you tell me about the bathroom in 6346? We are still trying to decide of we want to keep this room or not. I really want to know if the room has a shower tub or just a small shower. If you have pictures I would really love to see them.

Coco6 - Here are the pictures of the balcony. The picture of the back of the ship the balcony starts where the "y" in Destiny is. I don't have any pictures of the cabin, but if you do a search for Destiny aft wrap around balcony you will find some pictures of the cabin.

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

We had 8334 on Destiny back in 2003. It spoiled us and I'll probably never be able to talk my DW into cruising without a balcony again. We didn't notice any problems with excessive motion but then we're not prone to motion sickness.

I love aft facing balconies because you get to see things from both sides of the ship. I would wonder what I'm missing from the other side if I took a port or starboard balcony. My favorite part of having an aft balcony is sitting there and watching the sea and the wake roll out into the distance.

Hope you enjoy yours.

Our first cruise was on the Destiny. Seventh deck aft balcony. In our subsequent cruises we had side balconies and have recently decided that we will be requesting the aft in the future. Both sides of the ship are visible, and when leaving ports you have a great view. Also, the flying fish are fun to watch from here.

:cool:

• 7 months later...
We had 8334 on Destiny back in 2003. It spoiled us and I'll probably never be able to talk my DW into cruising without a balcony again. We didn't notice any problems with excessive motion but then we're not prone to motion sickness.

I love aft facing balconies because you get to see things from both sides of the ship. I would wonder what I'm missing from the other side if I took a port or starboard balcony. My favorite part of having an aft balcony is sitting there and watching the sea and the wake roll out into the distance.

Hope you enjoy yours.

Dread Pirate Robert,

We have the same room. What kind of bed does it have for a 3rd person? When we booked we were told there was a sofa bed. People on this forum told us it would be a roll-a-way bed. We called today and they said a roll-a-way. They tried to switch us to a balcony way up front on the Lido deck, but we kept the aft balcony? We leave in five days! Is it worth keeping or should we try for a cabin on the side? Does it have chairs on the balcony?

Dotte,

Thank you for the pictures. Can you explain which room would be 8334? I think it is the deck JUST below the dark glass windows. Which balcony would it be? They said it was an extended balcony, but they sure don't look extended.

Thanks for your help!

Archived