Has anyone had HAL MED cruise which includes Rome, Venice, Athens?

HokiePoq

I'm seeing two itineraries up right now but not one which has these three ports. Is it like this each year? My first choice would be to go with HAL but I'm finding two other (at least) have 12-14 day cruises that do have these three ports included. They are the ones we most wish to visit and don't know if we'll get back to the Med again. Don't really care about Turkey, Croatia, etc...sure we'll enjoy them if the cruise we choose includes them but would prefer one with our first three port choices.

TIA

We did an itinerary that embarked in Athens, had Venice as a port call and disembarked in Rome. This was a number of years ago on either Maasdam or Statendam. FABULOUS cruise. We have great memories of that wonderful trip. We did pre and post cruise stays and would do that itinerary again over and over and over!

Doesn't look like they'll have one with all three ports in 2008. They have five Barcelona to Venice itineraries that come close (2 out of 3) plus the two fourteen-day Black Sea Medley's do two out of the three also. Btw, not a substitute for Venice but Dubrovnik, Croatia is a really nice port to visit

We've been to those ports on HAl but it was on two different cruises in two different years. All of them are great but ....

Dubrovnik is a fantastic port. I'd love to spend more time in Croatia. It's the only Med port that we've been to twice and I'd go again.

I'm seeing two itineraries up right now but not one which has these three ports. Is it like this each year? My first choice would be to go with HAL but I'm finding two other (at least) have 12-14 day cruises that do have these three ports included. They are the ones we most wish to visit and don't know if we'll get back to the Med again. Don't really care about Turkey, Croatia, etc...sure we'll enjoy them if the cruise we choose includes them but would prefer one with our first three port choices.

TIA

Hi HokiePoq

We are taking a 24-day Classical Worlds cruise on the Zuiderdam September 17, sailing from Venice and ending in Barcelona. This cruise is more or less a b2b since it combines two separate 12 day cruises. Our ports include Venice (overnight on ship); Split; Piraeus (for Athens); Istanbul (overnight on ship); Mykonos; Kusadasi; Santorini; Katakolon, Greece (haven't figured that one out yet :rolleyes: ); Venice (overnight on ship); Dubrovnik; Corfu; Argostoli; Santorini; Catania; Naples; Civitavecchia (for Rome); Livorno (for Florence or Pisa); Barcelona (overnight on ship). Sounds wonderful, doesn't it?

Cheers,

Spoely

Hi HokiePoq

Katakolon, Greece (haven't figured that one out yet :rolleyes: );

What haven't you figured out? This is where the original Olympics are located. Great itinerary.

We are basicaly doing the 20 day itinerary, but because we are still working had to do 10 days this year and 10 days next year. They substituted Malta for Athens which is fine by me since I have been to Athens before.

What haven't you figured out? This is where the original Olympics are located. Great itinerary.

We are basicaly doing the 20 day itinerary, but because we are still working had to do 10 days this year and 10 days next year. They substituted Malta for Athens which is fine by me since I have been to Athens before.

Hey, Jade 13, thank you. Guess I should have known that. :o

Hey, Jade 13, thank you. Guess I should have known that. :o

We actually call it "Olympia" vs Katakolon. Lots of the Ports names aren't what we call them. But it is what it is. You are visiting their Country, so

have to adapt to their names.

HokiPok - I was in the same boat (pun pun). I really wanted to do HAL, but for 2008 couldn't find an itinerary that included Rome and Venice as well as the Greek Isles and Athens. SOOOOO, settled on Grand Princess on Oct 17, 2008 for a 12 day voyage. We leave from Civitavecchia (Rome), to Monte Carlo, to Livorno (Florence & Pisa), to Naples, at sea, to Santorini, to Kusadasi, to Mykonos, to Athens, to Olympia, to Corfu and ending in Venice. The Grand is a larger ship than I've been on before, but really looking forward to the trip. Hope you are able to find something you like at a price you like. Keep in mind, the dollar has been steadily declining. It's not a good exchange rate now, but the financial wizards all say it is only going to get worse in the future.

Archived