Discounts for Marriage Anniv.

gwenmarie

The only one I have seen is French Country Waterways - they do barge cruises not river boats. The discount was substantial if you were married a long time. It was 1 percent for each year of marriage. So for a 25th anniversary there was a 25% discount. I think it maxed out at 80% - like there are a lot of people who would qualify. They had some strict qualifications.

In 2005 we celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary. That autumn we took a Viking River Danube cruise and they gave us 25% off the fare each. We had to submit a copy of our marriage license. I was amazed at the discount and really appreciated it!! Our actual anniversary is in March (we were on the RSSC Mariner at the time) and the Viking cuise was in october, so you don't have to have your actual anniversary on board, it just has to be in that particular year. Also, I believe this discount is only for "big" anniversaries - 25, 30,40, 45, 50 etc. So the lesson is, stay married and cruise on Viking!:)

Archived