is claudio gone?

refman

I want to say 1st it is not a personal attack against Claudio, he is extremely friendly and nice to talk to when you find him in a bar.

It is good to know that everybody thinks he caters more for the Garden Villa People...NOT true! I have sailed 10 days in the Garden Villa (3 of us) and have seen him for embark (terminal) and debark (at the gangway).

He never showed up or even called, if we would need anything or if there is a problem he could help us with. I would say it was the poorest concierge service I have had ever received.

How many different screen names have you created Marcus? I thought it was against community guidelines to have multiple screen names.

PE

How many different screen names have you created Marcus? I thought it was against community guidelines to have multiple screen names.

PE

Dammit edge, I'm going broke buying new monitors when they short out after they get sprayed with whatever I happen to be drinking at the time! LOL ;)

Dammit edge, I'm going broke buying new monitors when they short out after they get sprayed with whatever I happen to be drinking at the time! LOL ;)

Aim lower, Monte. With me, it's the keyboard... a darn sight cheaper than the monitor. :p

Jana

Well, since he has sworn off NCL, he will not have to deal all of the "trailer park" inhabitants around here. I did notice that he has removed NCL from his favorite cruise line in his profile. So maybe he has TRULY sworn off NCL.:rolleyes:

Sorry about the monitor Monte.:cool:

PE

I'm terribly sad to see Claudio under public attack. We've sailed with him twice, and he has been nothing but wonderful under sometimes very trying circumstances.

Our first experience was on the infamous "Animal House at Sea" Spirit cruise in February 2005. With over 800 destructive, verbally abusive, and drunk University of Florida Spring Break students on the loose, the whole crew had their hands full. (After this cruise, I stopped making donations to my alma mater.)

Claudio went out of his way to make sure we received the best service possible. Throughout the week, we saw for ourselves how worried he was about ALL the passengers and how hard he worked with the crew to keep things under control. (Miami police were eventually flown to the ship, and three of the students were put off in Roatan by the captain. :eek: ) Anyway, I have to applaud Claudio and the entire Spirit crew for exhibiting such grace under fire.

How delighted we were to see Claudio as we were getting ready to embark on the Gem's Trans-Atlantic cruise out of Barcelona. We were surprised and pleased that he remembered us immediately. Throughout the TA, we saw Claudio often. At all times, he was committed to making sure we were enjoying our cruise. We were, of course!

I suppose it's a fact of life that these boards can be used to target one individual who simply cannot and probably would not respond in his own defense. Personally, I believe in delivering my complaints to the people in charge at the time I'm cruising. But, of course, that's just me.

To those who have sworn off Claudio and/or NCL: I would send you bouquets to express my relief and gratitude. The trouble is: Your screen identities keep changing, much like your fashion statements. Dont' get me wrong. I have no problem with anyone's attire. I'm totally a fan of freestyle. It's the morphing screen names that I find tiresome.

To those who have sworn off Claudio and/or NCL: I would send you bouquets to express my relief and gratitude. The trouble is: Your screen identities keep changing, much like your fashion statements. Dont' get me wrong. I have no problem with anyone's attire. I'm totally a fan of freestyle. It's the morphing screen names that I find tiresome.

Very well stated. I could not have said it better myself. Thank you.

PE

I suppose it's a fact of life that these boards can be used to target one individual who simply cannot and probably would not respond in his own defense.

There is a big difference between cannot defend yourself and will not defend yourself. With that being said I really don't think Claudio needs to defend himself. If he had an off day, then he had an off day. There isn't anything you can do or say about that, we all have them.

Personally, I believe in delivering my complaints to the people in charge at the time I'm cruising. But, of course, that's just me.

This is exactly why we elevated our situation to Claudio. Reception was giving us the run around so we went to the "person in charge". I guess I could have hunted down the captain and explained to him the poor service we were getting from Claudio, but I think that may have been a little excessive. We left feedback on the feedback cards that are given to you the last day of your trip. When we got home I also wrote a letter to NCL expressing my disappointment in our most recent cruise with them. I never heard anything back from NCL so I dropped it, until I saw this post of OTHER people having the same problem as we did. Its rare that you see a post directed at a concierge for bad service. When I saw this post about Claudio I figured I would share with the community my own experience with him.

And for the record im sure if anyone was in our situation Claudio would have been a disappointment to you as well, even the people here who have had excellent service from Claudio in the past. He just didn't handle our particular situation very well.

This is exactly why we elevated our situation to Claudio. Reception was giving us the run around so we went to the "person in charge". I guess I could have hunted down the captain and explained to him the poor service we were getting from Claudio, but I think that may have been a little excessive. We left feedback on the feedback cards that are given to you the last day of your trip. When we got home I also wrote a letter to NCL expressing my disappointment in our most recent cruise with them. I never heard anything back from NCL so I dropped it, until I saw this post of OTHER people having the same problem as we did. Its rare that you see a post directed at a concierge for bad service. When I saw this post about Claudio I figured I would share with the community my own experience with him.

You do know that there is one more level of management between the Concierge and the Captain don't you?? The Concierge reports to the Hotel Director who in turn reports to the Captain.

PE

Claudio was our concierge on the NCL Spirit in 2006 going from NYC to the Bahamas. One of our excursions in the Bahamas was to Atlantis on the last day of our trip for only a few hours. Due to weather issues we skipped one island and ended up in Nassau a day early which was great since we would have a lot more time to enjoy Atlantis. We went to the front desk to get a refund on our excursion tickets but was told since it was within 24 hours of tomorrows excursion we couldn't cancel. I called Claudio and explained the situation to him. He told me that there was nothing he could do about it and to enjoy Nassau that day and wait till the following day to go to Atlantis. I expressed my disappointment in his decision. Why would we wait and cram Atlantis into 1 morning when now we have all day to enjoy it. Claudio finally said that he would try to get our money back and would call us later on in the day to let us know. I didn't plan on waiting for his call so we went to Atlantis and enjoyed our day. I figured I rather take the loss of cash then ruin the day! We got back to our room and Claudio left us a message stating that he was able to refund 100% of the excursion. My BIGGEST issue with this is that Claudio didn't even try until I expressed my disappointment. He didn't make an effort to make it right, off the bat the answer was no. We called upon Claudio 1 more time during our trip where again he didn't make an effort to try. It was no again right off the bat so we just fended for ourselves. With a little persuasion of a tip we were able to accomplish by ourselves what Claudio again didn't make an effort to help us with. When we are staying in a Mini Suite I don't expect the concierge to greet me during dinner or walk me onto the ship, although even in a higher level suite we wouldn't expect that, we are not high maintenance people. But I do expect the concierge to care a little more about their guests then the crew members that are working reception do. In our particular situation that was not the case.

Had it occurred to you that you were asking something of Claudio which is contrary to the cruiseline policy? I think you should have been thanking him that he got you a refund at all, especially considering that there were probably plenty of cruisers on that sailing in the same situation as you, who did not have the concierge to intervene on their behalf. I think you owe Claudio an apology.

I want to say 1st it is not a personal attack against Claudio, he is extremely friendly and nice to talk to when you find him in a bar.

It is good to know that everybody thinks he caters more for the Garden Villa People...NOT true! I have sailed 10 days in the Garden Villa (3 of us) and have seen him for embark (terminal) and debark (at the gangway).

He never showed up or even called, if we would need anything or if there is a problem he could help us with. I would say it was the poorest concierge service I have had ever received.

So now it is Claudio that is not up to your standards.

On 7-7-2007 you wrote:

"Claudio will be on the Gem and Alexander (he is with Lisa) the best Concierge in the NCL fleet, should be both on vacation! Carlos...have no clue and wish not to have him again anyhow!"

So you don't care for Carlos.

Then on 7-9-2007 you wrote:

"Ruth was good, but her time is over! I do not balme her after so many years, you just can not be so happy and good anymore!

I had very good and the worst experiences with her!"

You don't care for Ruth either....her time is over.

I know for a fact that as we talk about NCL crew members on this board they talk about us via email. Marcus, I don't find it a suprise that you saw very little of Caludio on your recent Gem cruise. However; I would bet the pax in the other villa had daily conceirge visits.

I hope you enjoy your new cruise line of choice. I doubt the above mentioned crew members will be saddened by your departure from NCL.

Lets go off the topic and discuss how amazing Klaus is!;)

I think all of the Hotel Directors I have met do incredible jobs. Jacques on the Dawn had to deal with a Norovirus outbreak and still found time to attend a function or two and present a very good sense of humor. As to Klaus, I think his main asset is that he is so visible and accessible.

PE

I know of only ONE upper-level suite person (I think he was a butler) who really didn't embody the true standards of S.T.Y.L.E. on NCL, and he was terminated. They take this stuff very seriously. Real, legitimate complaints are dealt with immediately. The butlers and concierges are made to respond to every single one of them, and to explain their behavior.

These guys (and women) do an amazing job. They have different personalities, sure (some are more huggable, some are all bidness) but they are all incredible and I would be thrilled to be "served" by any of them.

As for Hotel Directors, has anyone sailed with Frank Hasenwinkel?

Jana

I know of only ONE upper-level suite person (I think he was a butler) who really didn't embody the true standards of S.T.Y.L.E. on NCL, and he was terminated. They take this stuff very seriously. Real, legitimate complaints are dealt with immediately. The butlers and concierges are made to respond to every single one of them, and to explain their behavior.

Jana

By the way do you know what S.T.Y.L.E. really stands for

Smile

Till

You

E'm

PE

Let me start by saying AGAIN that I never personally attacked Claudio, all I did was share the experiences I had with him with the community. Next time I want to share a bad experience with the board I will try to chose my words a little more carefully so I wont upset some of the more sensitive people. But the bottom line is the couple of times I called upon Claudio's services he never TRIED to help. Even if it was the policy of the ship not to refund a guests money due to a change in their itinerary. I hate to say it but I rather be lied to and told that he would TRY to see what he can do as opposed to blowing me off. And after he made the effort to TRY he accomplished what he should have rightfully accomplished. We have had concierges in the past that we had no problem with. When we realized Claudio was having an "off" week we just figured we would deal with it since its rare that we called upon the concierge anyway. As I said before we are not high maintenance people so I never even considered going to the Hotel Director and complaining. I did follow the proper channels when we returned home, and regardless of some peoples opinions I think Cruise Critic was a proper channel to share my experience.

If you weed through this post you will find a number of people that believe Claudio's services were sub par for one reason or another. Its rare that you will find a post dedicated to a specific concierge and their poor service out here, so please take that into consideration when you are judging the people who dealt with Claudio during one of his bad days. If you disagree with these opinions then please feel free to leave your own opinion on here, but to say somebody else is wrong or should apologize for having there opinion isn't right regardless of what their opinion is.

Alright, there is nothing worse on a message board then a post filled with a dozen pages of bickering so I will say this in my closing. We booked an AD Suite on the Gem for the end of the year where we will see Claudio again. To be honest I really wasn't looking forward to seeing him again, but everyones positive reviews are making me think twice. I will go with an open mind and im almost looking forward to seeing Claudio again (or it may just be the excitement of the trip!).

HAPPY CRUISING TO ALL!

Let me start by saying AGAIN that I never personally attacked Claudio, all I did was share the experiences I had with him with the community. Next time I want to share a bad experience with the board I will try to chose my words a little more carefully so I wont upset some of the more sensitive people. But the bottom line is the couple of times I called upon Claudio's services he never TRIED to help. Even if it was the policy of the ship not to refund a guests money due to a change in their itinerary. I hate to say it but I rather be lied to and told that he would TRY to see what he can do as opposed to blowing me off. And after he made the effort to TRY he accomplished what he should have rightfully accomplished. We have had concierges in the past that we had no problem with. When we realized Claudio was having an "off" week we just figured we would deal with it since its rare that we called upon the concierge anyway. As I said before we are not high maintenance people so I never even considered going to the Hotel Director and complaining. I did follow the proper channels when we returned home, and regardless of some peoples opinions I think Cruise Critic was a proper channel to share my experience.

If you weed through this post you will find a number of people that believe Claudio's services were sub par for one reason or another. Its rare that you will find a post dedicated to a specific concierge and their poor service out here, so please take that into consideration when you are judging the people who dealt with Claudio during one of his bad days. If you disagree with these opinions then please feel free to leave your own opinion on here, but to say somebody else is wrong or should apologize for having there opinion isn't right regardless of what their opinion is.

Alright, there is nothing worse on a message board then a post filled with a dozen pages of bickering so I will say this in my closing. We booked an AD Suite on the Gem for the end of the year where we will see Claudio again. To be honest I really wasn't looking forward to seeing him again, but everyones positive reviews are making me think twice. I will go with an open mind and im almost looking forward to seeing Claudio again (or it may just be the excitement of the trip!).

HAPPY CRUISING TO ALL!

So, I guess we are all wondering, how was Claudio's service on your latest cruise on the GEM? Claudio is a class act, probably the BEST concierge in the fleet! Post away coondogg97 ... and be nice, its the new year. :D

HAPPY CRUISING TO ALL!

We await your review;)

Unfortunately (and it's truly unfortunate), I can state that, from personal experience - and ONLY my personal experience - NCL does not always address legitimate concerns immediately as I had been in contact with them from April through October over several items that they did not address onboard (and, yes, we went through the conceirge and the HD as well on board before contacting Miami).

Sometimes it's more of the "perception" of caring that matters than the actual resolution of issues.

I know, personally, that if I feel someone is trying, then I'm likely to excuse any outcome; but if I feel "blown off", then I'm more inclined to escalate an issue.

But, that's just my opinion.

Sometimes it's more of the "perception" of caring that matters than the actual resolution of issues.

I know, personally, that if I feel someone is trying, then I'm likely to excuse any outcome; but if I feel "blown off", then I'm more inclined to escalate an issue.

I'd second that sentiment, F&F.

I couldn't agree more. It's just amazing how a simple and largely unimportant event becomes huge because of attitude... a store clerk who isn't attentive, an airline representative who is snotty, or cruiseline personnel who don't seem to care. I've had my day ruined by behavior like that (I resolve not to let it get to me any more!)

And I "get it" about NCL not communicating about concerns that are important, but my point was that they do really, really, really take these comments and complaints seriously. We may not see the results as individuals (which is frustrating, especially if we want a resolution) but behind the scenes is something different.

I also agree with coondogg97 in that I'd rather receive the perception of great customer service than be told "no" off the bat, and with you about the feeling of being "blown off."

Jana

And I "get it" about NCL not communicating about concerns that are important, but my point was that they do really, really, really take these comments and complaints seriously. We may not see the results as individuals (which is frustrating, especially if we want a resolution) but behind the scenes is something different.

Trust me, it's even worse when it's a major issue that is not resolved and you are left wondering if anyone at all cared about it. I, unfortunately, "got that T-Shirt" and it's not any fun having it.

Trust me, it's even worse when it's a major issue that is not resolved and you are left wondering if anyone at all cared about it. I, unfortunately, "got that T-Shirt" and it's not any fun having it.

Been there. I'm sorry. Can you tell us something about what happened?

Jana

Archived