It's Being Recognized, Celebrated and Indulged

C 2 C

Have you had a chance to read the different banner ads at the top of this forum?

"How does it feel to sail on Celebrity Cruises"

"It's being Recognized, Celebrated and Indulged"

"Your Star Treatment Awaits"

"Where every day is another day.. Starring You"

I'm trying to resolve another customer's service issue.. without much success.

How does the perceived message relate to experiences on different X cruises

that you have taken over the last few years?

Other than those who are indulged with wafflles (pre-empt that post;))

Have you been X-rated: "Recognized, Celebrated and Indulged"?

Have you been X-rated: Recognized, Celebrated and Indulged"?

Yes...but with so few cruises, my chances of a bad experience are far less than yours. Being here at home most of the year means that I have issues to resolve with my car mechanic, garbage men, etc. Now, if I cruised 1/3 of the year, I may have more cruise related issues to deal with.;) Good luck with the resolution.:)

p.s. thanks for the pre-empt.

I expect to be fed, housed comfortably, and transported to interesting ports of call. It helps if the announcements and wet T-shirt contests are kept to a minimum. So far Celebrity has delivered.

I think that ads such as you point out just raise expectations beyond the capacity of the onboard staff to deliver, and result in lots of guests moaning and whining after the cruise is over.

Does that mean you do not want me to participate in this thread?

:cool:

Have you had a chance to read the different banner ads at the top of this forum?

Arno: think you may have too much time on your hands! Time for another cruise?????

Does that mean you do not want me to participate in this thread?

:cool:

No waffling on this issue. ;)

Sivia: I did have too much time on my hands until I was on hold for hours ... a new meaning to "Your **** Treatment Awaits"

I really did feel like I was treated like a Celebrity on my last Celebrity Cruise and it will be interesting to see how I feel in a couple of weeks. Some specifics were the way I was taken care of in the dining room (I'm a vegetarian) and the asst. Maitre D' had special meals prepared in addition to the vegetarian menu. I don't always expect that, but the Italian chef was Indian and he said he would love to prepare some Indian vegetarian dishes for me. Also, I broke a shoe. I went to the purser's desk looking for some super glue. I ended up getting my shoe repaired at no charge. Those were just a couple of things. Now this was the first cruise after a cruise where we were on a ship sponsored excursion and the ship almost left without us so I think it was easy to fall in love with Celebrity for us.

That said when it comes to customer service would you believe I think Carnival is superior. :eek: The left hand seems to know what the right hand is doing and if you have questions you can actually call and and get them answered and if the person doesn't know the answer they will actually find out and get back to you. I could never have asked a reservationist at Celebrity the number of questions I asked my Personal Vacation Consultant at Carnival in this case about a new ship that doesn't set sail until July. Heck I just wanted to change something in my reservation and was told that it couldn't be done. So my room steward now will have to lug something heavy to my room only to be told never mind. I think that's horrible.

Yeah, right, for the most part our cruise was great, and here it come, but, after this last cruise they need to get the right ratio (Guest to crew) right.

Just curious...is your issue with something that happened on board, with the long wait on hold with customer service:eek: ... or both? Based on many of the comments on CC, Celebrity's customer service doesn't seem to extend that "Recognized, Celebrated and Indulged" feeling. I guess they reserve it for the on-board experience.:confused:

I think multiple factors are involved. I had a horrible experience on Infinity in '05, and a great experience on Mercury earlier this year. My attitude and the way I handled issues on both trips likely factored in. On Infinity we had been upsold on how over the top, great, and wonderful X was. I think it led to a higher-than-should be expectation coupled with mediocre service. On Mercury, we had no expectations coupled with good-great service.

I would bet money others on both of those trips would have an exact opposite opinion from those stated above. Also, I think attitude when you're attempting to resolve customer satisfaction issues goes a long way. Some times it's difficult to be calm and collected. People become impassioned and lose perspective. All that said, based on my experience, I think Celebrity would do well to pay closer attention to its level of customer service. Learn what it's doing right as well as what it's doing wrong and take that fleet-wide.

Okay we have been trying to resolve a customer service issue for 6 months now, and its becoming rather tired.

Scenario:

When we have booked groups before, it has always been a group to begin with. However on our upcoming January cruise, everyone booked individually, and we were asked if we wanted to combine reservations and book as a group. WHO would have thought the mess that would create.

First, once we were conbined, the travel insurance was dropped from those who purchased it. You have to purchase insurance for individuals seperately from the cruise, Though no one told us even if we have done this in the past. Its the SAME price and insurance. Okay, that issue was resolved as we had to call everyone and let them know they DIDN"T have travel insurance and had to send us a check. Everyone did send us a check so we could submit a group payment after MUCH confusion.

Second, a few people decided not to go, or to go, or not to go.....all being said we lost our group status which is fine as we would have just divided the group leader perk amongst the family. However just last week we had a few more people want to go, but after the insurance issue we told them not to link to our group ( even though we now have a group).

Third, the biggest issue: Our cabin price dropped, twice. While we were supposed to have it credited back to our card, it went into a " John's Group" category as a credit. We called and were assured it would be refunded immediately.

Last week someone added a friend to their cabin as a third. They just called us because apparently they are paid in full, and they never paid at all. Celebrity applied OUR credit card refund to the person that was added to the cruise.

Groups is now closed untill Monday, and that person has to cancel. So it looks like their screw up is going to cost us our refund as a cancellation fee for someone it should have NEVER been aplied to.

Its not a lot in the scheme of things (a little over $250.00) HOWEVER....THEY screwed things up, from the beginning....

Fourth, After receiving the new spread sheet, comparing it to the last. The taxes actually increased with our lower fares, and there are a number of $2.00 and $4.61 chages to some of the reservations that have already been paid in full.

So Famously, I don't think so, Celebrated, Not on this booking, and recognized? as an Elite member who cruise at least 4 times a year...I think they forgot about me.

However in all fairnes, the group booking seems to be through RCL for some reason? not X as we have in the past experienced. Could this be the issue here? TA's any ideas?

Dave:eek:

Just curious...is your issue with something that happened on board, with the long wait on hold with customer service:eek: ...

I'm an Xaholic. (not an X-alcoholic). Despite all my posts that detail problems that I have experienced with customer service, I like, and continue to cruise with X.

While on Summit in October, I booked 4 cruises through Celebrity and had my deposits charged to my US$ credit card. When I received the bookings the next day, 2 of them had been assigned to the TA that booked my Summit cruise. I often change my bookings and I don't want to call a TA to call X and wait for confirmation of the change. (It's much easier and quicker to leave the booking with X until final payment.) I returned to the CCM (cruise sales manager) and was assured that the error would be rectified before we returned to San Diego. When I returned home, I called the TA arranging final payment for my Feb. Connie cruises when she told me that she had received two other bookings. I called Celebrity CC (Captain's Club) number and I was told that they could not discuss my bookings because they were in the hands of my TA.:rolleyes:

I explained that the two bookings were Celebrity bookings and they had been assigned to the TA in error. I gave the name of the CCM on Summit plus the names of three CC people from head office who were on board Summit for the CC reunion cruise and were present when I requested the change.

The next day I called the TA and was informed that the two bookings had been recaptured by Celebrity. I called CC and was informed that the two bookings had been cancelled by my TA and that CC could not discuss bookings in the hands of a TA.:rolleyes:

I asked for a supervisor just to read the comments on the reservation booking and sure enough the whole story was in the comments on the booking.

The two cruises were cancelled by Celebrity and rebooked under a new booking number. I asked to have the booking confirmation emailed to me, a process that took a "jiffy" a blink and my computer flashed the arrival of the emails.

However!! the bookings had been charged in Canadian funds on my US$ credit card!!

The Canadian dollar was stronger than the US$ at the time but a cruise that cost me $4,069.82 US was now billed for $4,868.00 in Canadian funds.

I was then connected with the next level of supervisor who acknowledged a customer service failure and proceeded to cancel the booking and rebook in US$. This was done while I was on the phone and I again received the confirmation invoice ...for the wrong cabin (for three consecutive cruises we wanted to be in the same cabin as on the original bookings).. another delay and the cabin was corrected and the invoice emailed.

When I returned from Constellation two weeks ago, my credit card statement greeted me. The charges for the bookings in Canadian funds and the credit for the same funds resulted in a net charge of $65.15 for currency conversion: the difference between the amount charged and credited. I have again spent hours on the phone attempting to convince customer service that THEIR error was costing me money and that THEY should pay me the difference. I was finally told that their accounting department gave me back what they had received and that nothing could be done! I replied that there were all sorts of things that could be done. They could simply give me an on board credit on one of many sailings or a meal for two in the specialty restaurant, a value of $60.00 or a couple bottles of wine with a value around $60.00.

I was not claiming expenses or charging for the aggravation or time. I received an email yesterday that I would be credited "A" bottle of wine. I have received a free bottle of wine from X once before, a value of around $23.00. A couple of emails later, including an outline of my future X bookings but I was informed by the "Customers Resolution" emailer, that she was merely the messenger and that the compensation was determined by executives as sufficient . I was then given a link (that did not link) to Celebrity if I wished to pursue it further.

I then called another number, spent over an hour on hold again (what I was doing when I started this thread) and I think that I will now be rewarded with my $65.00 credit on my sailing of choice... but it will take several weeks for the forms to be finalized.

I write this information because sometimes Celebrity people do read posts and act on them.. in the hope of improving the product. Unfortunately, as I stated before, I'm an Xaholic and I can't help myself and will continue to cruise on X.

So that is now my interpretation of "Recognized, Celebrated and Indulged"

So that is now my interpretation of Recognized, Celebrated and Indulged"

Thanks for the explanation .... I wonder if "Murphy's Law" is posted at every customer service desk ... and perhaps they have competitions to see who is most successful at following it?

I believe the Celebrity commercials as much as I believe that tooth paste is going to make me feel fresh all day, and that the right shampoo is going to get me attention from young attractive men.

I do have a wonderful time on Celebrity cruises and I expect that my future cruises will be as great. I am treated like royalty, all my needs (at least those I bother to mention to a crew or staff members) are met, and I am recognized by everyone who counts, to me! :D

Hey since you may be getting somewhere maybe you can get there website to stop charging me this misc $50 for a cruise paid in full (and no it has nothing to do with the fuel surcharge). I've had them e-mail me an invoice showing I'm paid in full which I'm bringing to the port but no one can explain why the website shows I owe the money. Technically the cruise should have been canceled since I should have paid in full by 10/07/07, but I'm still booked and got all my docs.

Archived