To All NYC Visitors

Wadadli1

I just want you to know that the stagehands' strike is over and Broadway is back in business and the shows are on again. So if you were wishing to go, then it's all good.

I didn't know there was one! Did it affect the Met or the New York City Opera?

Matthew

I didn't know there was one! Did it affect the Met or the New York City Opera?

Matthew

I don't think it did, because if I were sure, I would have told you. But as all is now right in the NYC show world, all is right and good.

I just want you to know that the stagehands' strike is over and Broadway is back in business and the shows are on again. So if you were wishing to go, then it's all good.

Hi Angela,

As you know my Dad and myself will be in NYC on Jan 13th-16th, can you recommend any show`s :D

Thanks,

Gav xxx

Hi Gav

Obviously, not Angela here, but try to get tickets to "Forbidden Broadway"

It's a musical spoof of the current B'way shows, and an absolute riot.

You'll p** in your trousers, and drop your drink (not necessarily in that order ... :D )

http://www.forbiddenbroadway.com

Enjoy your stay in our fine city ... I'll be leaving on QM as you arrive. ;)

Hi Gav

Obviously, not Angela here, but try to get tickets to "Forbidden Broadway"

It's a musical spoof of the current B'way shows, and an absolute riot.

You'll p** in your trousers, and drop your drink (not necessarily in that order ... :D )

www.forbiddenbroadway.com

Enjoy your stay in our fine city ... I'll be leaving on QM as you arrive. ;)

Thank`s Vic,

What would be the best way of booking ?

Gav ,

I was in NYC for the first time July 2006, sailed both way`s on "QM2" and stayed five night`s. We have friends there, one is in charge of Hotel`s (very helpful) :D the other is a Dentist :eek:

love your City :)

Thank`s Vic,

What would be the best way of booking ?

Gav ,

I was in NYC for the first time July 2006, sailed both way`s on "QM2" and stayed five night`s. We have friends there, one is in charge of Hotel`s (very helpful) the other is a Dentist :eek:

love your City :)

I think there's a link on that website that allows one to book tickets.

If that gets to be impossible, you can always get seats once you're in town.

It's not reallya popular show, per se ... you might call it one of the best kept secrets in NY.

But try either .... I'm also sure your buddy in town might be able to help you as well. (I'd book the tickets for you, but don't know who you are ... you might leave oweing me some money* :D )

*KIDDING!!! :)

It's worth it, tho ... you'll love it. Let me know how you make out. ;) :)

try to get tickets to "Forbidden Broadway"

That show has had two runs in the West End (a long time ago, possibly the mid 80s!) - neither were that successful from the production point of view:( However they were the funniest shows I have ever seen. I wondered if the reason they weren't well received was that you needed to have a knowledge of both present and past shows. I've got the first seven volumes of their CDs and I still listen to them regularly and laugh. :) If your knowledge of musical theatre isn't that bad then don't miss this show - it is fantastic:)

That show has had two runs in the West End (a long time ago, possibly the mid 80s!) - neither were that successful from the production point of view:( However they were the funniest shows I have ever seen. I wondered if the reason they weren't well received was that you needed to have a knowledge of both present and past shows. I've got the first seven volumes of their CDs and I still listen to them regularly and laugh. :) If your knowledge of musical theatre isn't that bad then don't miss this show - it is fantastic:)

You are correct sir ...

Having that knowledge helps, and if not ... it can still be funny to an extent.

I laughed so hard, my body ached for days .... and this was over 10 yrs ago!

Hi Angela,

As you know my Dad and myself will be in NYC on Jan 13th-16th, can you recommend any show`s :D

Thanks,

Gav xxx

Are you following me? We're flying home on the 16th too....

Are you flying Virgin? If so, is it VS046?

But as to shows, the Met are doing Die Walkure on the 14th. Fabio and I are going. Lisa Gasteen is singing Brunnhilde so it should be a good night........

Matthew

But as to shows, the Met are doing Die Walkure on the 14th. Fabio and I are going. Lisa Gasteen is singing Brunnhilde so it should be a good night........

Matthew

Are you sure it is me following you :eek:

We are flying BA !!! :rolleyes:

Gav :cool:

Matthew

Hello, butting in here. We are flying home from ny on 17th on silverjet. Is anyone else?

Sharon

Hi Angela,

Thanks,

Gav xxx

Hi Gavin,

Sorry to but in. When in NYC try to get tickets for The Color Purple. It was absolutely brilliant. The music and the songs were so wonderful. It made you laugh, it made you cry. There was a standing ovation and I think almost everyone in that audience was crying tears of joy at the end.

Unmissable. BTW Rob has put some shipboard pictures of us on that 9th November thread.

Hi Gavin,

Sorry to but in. When in NYC try to get tickets for The Color Purple. It was absolutely brilliant. The music and the songs were so wonderful. It made you laugh, it made you cry. There was a standing ovation and I think almost everyone in that audience was crying tears of joy at the end.

Unmissable. BTW Rob has put some shipboard pictures of us on that 9th November thread.

Thanks Robin :D but in anytime, that is two show`s to see now :eek:

Will go see the Photo`s :rolleyes:

Gavin :cool:

Hi Angela,

Thanks,

Gav xxx

What Vic said.

If you'd like to read reviews or see what else is playing...

http://nymag.com/arts/theater/

At the bottom of the page there is also "Ticket Tips", regarding how to get tickets and from whom.

We'll be heading back up to the hills on the 13th, but it will be nice to know you are so close. :p

Thanks Robin :D but in anytime, that is two show`s to see now :eek:

Will go see the Photo`s :rolleyes:

Gavin :cool:

Hi gavin.

robin didnt say how to book your shows,. dont go to ticketmaster direct you will pay full price, all NYC are reduced in advance and you choose your seats either on tm or broadway.com BUT go thru this site

www.theatremania.com

you will get good seats and huge saving.

the color purple is a fantasic show-but there are so many.

rob

Hi gavin.

robin didnt say how to book your shows,. dont go to ticketmaster direct you will pay full price, all NYC are reduced in advance and you choose your seats either on tm or broadway.com BUT go thru this site

www.theatremania.com

you will get good seats and huge saving.

the color purple is a fantasic show-but there are so many.

rob

Thanks Rob !

Archived