latest update on IVAN....

curly4dana

This is a nightmare. Our house is still pitch black dark due to leaving all our shutters up; but thankfully we have power again, unlike most of my friends and co-workers... and now Ivan! AND we're supposed to cruise tomorrow—aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When is this hurricane due to make landfall? It's a category 4 now, and it doesn't look like there will be anything in it's path to slow it down.

This must be SO stressful for FL residents, I'm sorry that you have to deal with this yet again!!! :(

When is this hurricane due to make landfall? It's a category 4 now, and it doesn't look like there will be anything in it's path to slow it down.

This must be SO stressful for FL residents, I'm sorry that you have to deal with this yet again!!! :(

Sue - My weatherman mentioned this morning, early next week Tues/Wed may hit Florida......(but don't tell the other hounds :)).

My heart goes out to the Florida residents.

Marie

Hi Everyone,

I've been watching everything happening with these 3 hurricanes. Wow, I'm praying that everyone stays safe!

I have a cousin that was married a few months ago to a guy from Florida. She will be moving to Florida in February and in the meantime, she has watched her new home get hit twice! She is not looking forward to the possibility of a 3rd hit. She has also tried to convince her husband to stay with her in Minnesota until the storms have passed but he is intent on staying with their home located on the coast to possibly reduce the damage. He is an airline pilot (based out of Minneapolis, but lives in Florida) and could easily travel back and forth to keep an eye on their home in Florida while he stays safely far away.

Of course, he wants to make sure she moves to Florida in February so he just purchased her plane tickets. My cousin is not liking what she see's so far! It doesn't help that she is worried about her husband.

Pam

:mad: :mad: :mad: I WANT HURRICANE SEASON TO END TODAY!!! I agree with all the other floridans, I have had enough. Just want to go to bed,get a good nights sleep without a knot in my stomach, and get up in the morning, without having to worry about where the new cat. 4 hurricane is going. Enough already!!

Linda

kids...i have no idea what that freakin' storm is up to...all of us in west palm beach have had more than enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i simply can not take another minute of this crap! i missed the news and i didn't hear what they said. i'll have to go back to the noaa site and see what they say...i'll post it.

keep praying guys...there's no way my house will take another hit. i'm amazed it held up through frances....

let me go get the map...

The path at this point will be largely determined by the Bermuda High and systems in the midwest. At this point, forecasters are expecting the Bermuda High to weaken and a midwest system to encourage Ivan to make landfall somewhere between Tampa and Naples.

http://www.boatus.com/hurricanes/hurricane_spaghetti2.asp

071503P.gif

forecast.gif

windband.gif

We'll just have to wait and see...we went to Lowe's tonight and their shelves are still empty from Charley and Frances. The grocery stores cannot keep canned goods, bread or water in stock. We'll try again tomorrow...

I'm saying a few words to the guy upstairs, asking for him to give us a little time to recover before hitting us again.

I gotta tell you guys, I live in Upstate NY and these hurricanes are stressing me out, I can't imagine how you are dealing with this. It's like this threat has just been hanging over you for a month now!! It's horrible! Grrrrrrrr.

Frances is seriously messing with our Mariner cruise on 9/19, but I won't bore you with the details, you have alot worse things to worry about!! Not even sure how Ivan will impact us, but compared to what you are going through, it's peanuts. :(

Dana, Darlin...I wish I could say that this is the best reason that you and SH need to come here to Ala-freakin'-bama to stay here, but I really think that Ivan is going to slow way down after devastating Jamaica and the DR, and hit the FL and AL panhandles. If that's the case, please UPS me your shutters, plywood, nails, bottled water, and SH (to take care of things). I'm thinking that Ivan is going to hit the northern Gulf. (That SOB!!)

While I do not wish this storm on anyone, Florida needs a break and if it is going to hit the US then it needs to find another state to do it. At this time I have my sister in Vero Beach that has had no power since the weekend and has no idea when it will come back on. Her daughter and son each have the same problems. On the other coast where Francis entered back into the gulf, the rest of my family has been dealing with no power, water or phones since the storm hit. This is just above Tampa in Brooksville. Flooding is a mess right now. Our Tampa office is still closed due to no power. This has not been Florida's year to say the least.

Did you look at that spaghettti graph!? To many of those lines go through Tampa. I really think Ivan needs to head west, as I said before Florida has had enough and we are willing to share! We have had enough fun in the last couple of weeks to last us a lifetime. This one seems to be a doozy, I heard it has all ready killed 20 people, though I missed what island.

I pray for all of us!

Archived