Men's Linen Suit....what shoes?

AZDCruiser

What type of shoes should DH wear with a stone colored linen suit?

His dress shoes are too dressy (I think), but I don't want him to look out of place in shoes that are too casual....

Help! Cruise is Sunday and we are leaving Friday afternoon!! :eek:

Do you have a pic you can share? My first inclination are light brown men's shoes. Sometimes I'll look at the the color of the shoes the model is wearing (if I'm shopping online) to get ideas. Stone is one of those colors where you could either go with brown or black, but light brown is where my mind went when I first read your post. If you have a pic it may help us give you better advice.

What type of shoes should DH wear with a stone colored linen suit?

His dress shoes are too dressy (I think), but I don't want him to look out of place in shoes that are too casual....

Help! Cruise is Sunday and we are leaving Friday afternoon!! :eek:

A pair of bucks. Either tan or white.

Great call BlueHerons!

For the life of me last night, I couldn't think of the name (I kept thinking monkstraps - and I knew in my mind and vision that wasn't correct)...

So seconding Bucks here!

That's what I was trying to think of yesterday (oi! Am I overworked or what?!?!)

Agree! Tan or white bucks are perfect.

However, some men may buck that choice as too fashion-y. So an alternative would be a casual, woven loafer that's not too structured.

My husband has a great pair of dressy fisherman's sandals that he wears with linen. I'll see if I can find a picture of something similar--I actually need to find him a new pair because he's worn the heck out of the pair he owns so I either need to replace them or see if our cobbler can refurbish yet again:rolleyes:

6627-436155-d.jpgThis is sort of the style I mean (you can get more or less coverage) but with a light color suit I would probably favor a lighter colored shoe as well.

8521-537546-d.jpgThis is nice too, but as the sole gets thicker, the style becomes more casual.....

Ooh, here's a nice compromise:stacy218163_fs.jpg My husband really likes dress sandals if we're someplace warm & steamy.

Kind of like the bucks idea. However, my dh probably wouldn't buy them. He has a pair of "summery" loafers. They have a woven "look", dressier than boat shoes. They are a light brown. I'll try to find a pic.

When I think STONE colored, I think lighter than the pic of the khaki suit that Curt Jerome posted. I guess more accuracy would be helpful. Also, hearing it's a LINEN, I agree a lighter weight shoe...not sandal... would be better.

Archived