Non Alcoholic Whine

billylen

I am not a drinker, so I usually drink water, colas, tea etc, but I read somewhere that RCCL has non alcoholic wine available onboard (How come I never noticed that before) Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has tried the wine and is willing to offer suggestions.

Thanks!

If they purchase non-alcoholic wine and bring it on board, will it be confiscated? It shouldn't be. If not, one could purchase bottles of non-alcoholic wine with screw toips, pour out the stuff, and put real wine in it. You should then be able to carry it on board openly. Has anyone tried this?

DON

I really thought you were going to be complaining about people who drank alcohol!

I know they do carry non-alcoholic wine on the ships, I've seen it offered on the wine lists and in the gifts section. I would question why you would want to spend that kind of money on a bottle of non-alcoholic wine, though. Why not just order a soft drink, like ginger ale or 7-up? A bottle of non-alcoholic wine is around $20 or more. 4-5 soft drinks would cost less than that, around $8-10.

Me, too.....it seems a bit pointless. But we do get our kids sparkling apple juice for New Years Eve, I think it's around $3 at the grocery store.

So do we! We have our volunteer appreciation night at the police department on Thursday, and they serve that stuff too. Yuck!!!

We're going out drinking afterwards...:p

:) My wife enjoys the non-alcoholic wines. You have to remember that your bottle is saved in the dining room and will last several nights. She also manages to have our favorite bar keep a bottle as well so the cost is considerably defrayed and she enjoys it far more than sodas or juices.:D

My DH and I cruised MANY years ago when I was pregnant and had the non-alcoholic wine. Although many think it is a waste, I really enjoyed it. It was so long ago that I don't recall the name, but it was good.

Good luck

The reason I am exploring the possibility of drinking non alcoholic wine is I would like to enhance the dining experience with a nice wine etc. As I mentioned I do not drink alcohol and I was wondering if any one has tried any of the offerings on the ship. I don’t think I would polish off a bottle in one night so it is good news that it would be store for me in the dining room.

Hmmm…maybe I can be one of the first to sample and report back! ;)

If they purchase non-alcoholic wine and bring it on board, will it be confiscated? It shouldn't be. If not, one could purchase bottles of non-alcoholic wine with screw toips, pour out the stuff, and put real wine in it. You should then be able to carry it on board openly. Has anyone tried this?

DON

I don't know the answer to this but my Brother brought 4 large plastic bottles of Listerine on our last cruise. The Listerine was darker than I am used to. I guess he has a bad breath problem. Must have been some sort of prescription mouth wash. :D

Archived