Carnival Conquest "The Point Supper Club"

brain26

Here is my review of the Point supper club on the Conquest.

Our reservation was at 6:30PM and we arrived at 6:15PM to the restaurant. We advised the hostess of our reservation and she immediately sat us down. Let me tell you that we have eaten at Ruth's Chris and other restaurants that would compare to this type of service. This supper club is that type of an atmosphere. I would not recommend bringing children to this dinner (just my opinion).

The waitress was outstanding and knew the menu and food without any hesitations. She was very professional and made us felt very comfortable at dinner. The restaurant is extremely quiet and if you wanted to just sit and relax, this is the place to be.

The waitress will offer a wine list and explain the meals very well. You will be shown a large platter with all the meals. (You will see this on the ship during the cruise). The waitress will answer any of your questions about the meals and offer any suggestions if you ask.

For the appetizer, I went with the crab cakes and my wife went with the onion soup. The crab cake was excellent and my wife enjoyed the onion soup. I wish I could have had more of the crab cake but it was ok because I knew what I was going to eat later that night.

I went with the 24oz porterhouse after the waitress told me that steak would be as tender as the 9oz filet.Remeber the dinner is a very slow paced dinner, nothing is rushed and it seems that the waitress rights down everything she does. I am guessing she has do somethings in a certain amount of time. Our dinner was 2hours and 15 minutes from sit down to leaving. Once we received the entree's, I was very pleased with the quality. The 24oz was just as tender as the 9oz filet. Here are the before and after pictures of the porterhouse.

1001999rw8.jpg

1002001gf3.jpg

For dessert, we had the chocolate tarte and it was VERY RICH. Here is a picture of the dessert.

1002002ww5.jpg

Overall, for 30.00PP this is the best meal we have eaten. I would recommend doing this dinner on the last night of the cruise. We did this and it was very nice to just sit and relax for over 2 hours while we enjoyed a quiet relaxing night. You fell spoiled there and the waitress will do all the work for you.

I'm glad to see you got a picture of that chocolate dessert! That's the one picture I forgot to take!

We too enjoyed our meal very much. We went there on our anniversary, and had a bottle of champagne that we delivered to them a few hours early. They had it chilled for us in a bucket beside the table!

And let me say the sommelier is fantastic! Not only was he excellent at serving our champagne, but his knowledge of wines and pairings was impeccable!

I can't wait to cruise again and enjoy the Point all over again! Thanks for the reminder!

I'm glad to see you got a picture of that chocolate dessert! That's the one picture I forgot to take!

We too enjoyed our meal very much. We went there on our anniversary, and had a bottle of champagne that we delivered to them a few hours early. They had it chilled for us in a bucket beside the table!

And let me say the sommelier is fantastic! Not only was he excellent at serving our champagne, but his knowledge of wines and pairings was impeccable!

I can't wait to cruise again and enjoy the Point all over again! Thanks for the reminder![/quoteI have

I did Nick and Nora's on the Miracle and have already booked Harry's on the Liberty (I know we have 2 formal evenings and 3 at ports so I booked a mid at sea) it is worth MORE than the $30.00 per head. The meal is to die for and all the extras they keep bringing you is fantastic. The only and I mean only problem I have is the wine cost. We ordered A glass of wine with supper and it was 30.00 the same BOTTLE is 11.95 in our store. A little over the top but a nice way to top up a great meal. If you do anything else, tours included - do go to the restaurant. We only did this after our 3rd cruise and wish we had been put on it sooner. If anyone wants to email me directly regarding the restaurant please feel free to do so dcml@shaw.ca Cindy

Here is my review of the Point supper club on the Conquest.

Our reservation was at 6:30PM and we arrived at 6:15PM to the restaurant. We advised the hostess of our reservation and she immediately sat us down. Let me tell you that we have eaten at Ruth's Chris and other restaurants that would compare to this type of service. This supper club is that type of an atmosphere. I would not recommend bringing children to this dinner (just my opinion).

The waitress was outstanding and knew the menu and food without any hesitations. She was very professional and made us felt very comfortable at dinner. The restaurant is extremely quiet and if you wanted to just sit and relax, this is the place to be.

The waitress will offer a wine list and explain the meals very well. You will be shown a large platter with all the meals. (You will see this on the ship during the cruise). The waitress will answer any of your questions about the meals and offer any suggestions if you ask.

For the appetizer, I went with the crab cakes and my wife went with the onion soup. The crab cake was excellent and my wife enjoyed the onion soup. I wish I could have had more of the crab cake but it was ok because I knew what I was going to eat later that night.

I went with the 24oz porterhouse after the waitress told me that steak would be as tender as the 9oz filet.Remeber the dinner is a very slow paced dinner, nothing is rushed and it seems that the waitress rights down everything she does. I am guessing she has do somethings in a certain amount of time. Our dinner was 2hours and 15 minutes from sit down to leaving. Once we received the entree's, I was very pleased with the quality. The 24oz was just as tender as the 9oz filet. Here are the before and after pictures of the porterhouse.

1001999rw8.jpg

1002001gf3.jpg

For dessert, we had the chocolate tarte and it was VERY RICH. Here is a picture of the dessert.

1002002ww5.jpg

Overall, for 30.00PP this is the best meal we have eaten. I would recommend doing this dinner on the last night of the cruise. We did this and it was very nice to just sit and relax for over 2 hours while we enjoyed a quiet relaxing night. You fell spoiled there and the waitress will do all the work for you.

Yeah... it's a shame when you're forced to eat a shabby meal like that...

I, too, had the Porterhouse my first evening at The Pointe but you did vastly better than I did. There was a sinfully large piece of it left over. I can assure you that it was as tender as the fillet, as I had that my on my second visit to The Pointe.

The service was just as you described it, bordering on perfection.

Did you enjoy the complements from the chef? Mine were wonderful, just wonderful.

How was the rest of the cruise??

The chef's surprises were good. He sent me a small portion of duck and it was good.

To be honest, I could have eaten another one of those porterhouses. It was that damm good. If I was at home, I would have been cleaning the bone with my hands :). For $30.00PP you just can't beat it.

I will be posting a review along with plenty pictures later this week.

The chef's surprises were good. He sent me a small portion of duck and it was good.

To be honest, I could have eaten another one of those porterhouses. It was that damm good. If I was at home, I would have been cleaning the bone with my hands :). For $30.00PP you just can't beat it.

I will be posting a review along with plenty pictures later this week.

Good deal, glad you had such a great time at The Pointe.

I'm looking forward to reading your review.

Here are the before and after pictures of the porterhouse.

1001999rw8.jpg

1002001gf3.jpg

But you left the basil leaf....:D

We loved our meal at Harry's on Liberty and have already booked a night at Scarlett's on Valor in February. I had the lobster bisque as a soup - while I liked the version in the dining room, Harry's version was out of this world. DH loved the onion soup. We didn't make it to the supper club on our earlier cruises on Legend and Conquest, but now that we're "spoiled" I don't think we'd pass up the supper club again!

For anyone out there wondering ("Why should I pay $30.00 more when food is included in my cruise fare ?") if the price is worth it. This is a definite YES.

I have eaten in supper clubs on HAL, Princess, Celebrity and now Carnival.

Dined (not ate) in "Harry's" on the Liberty. It is worth every penny to eat in a specialty restaurant no matter what cruiseline.

The supperclubs on Carnival are fantastic as all the other lines.....

$30.00 for this type of service and meal...you can't go wrong...;)

Surf and Turf......Had the chocolate torte and the escargot and ceasar salad made the right way table side.....

Pic of S&T

http://i2photobucket.com/albums/y5/chrisbeverly1/1234.bmp

Thank you for the review. We'll be eating there in just a couple of weeks and it looks like we made a good choice.

Have you already made your reservations?

If not, you can do so at this site:

http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&n=28

You'll love the Conquest and you'll be stunned by The Pointe... and don't forget to stop by Sur Mer for some great fish and chips!!!

For anyone out there wondering ("Why should I pay $30.00 more when food is included in my cruise fare ?") if the price is worth it. This is a definite YES.

I have eaten in supper clubs on HAL, Princess, Celebrity and now Carnival.

Dined (not ate) in "Harry's" on the Liberty. It is worth every penny to eat in a specialty restaurant no matter what cruiseline.

The supperclubs on Carnival are fantastic as all the other lines.....

$30.00 for this type of service and meal...you can't go wrong...;)

Surf and Turf......Had the chocolate torte and the escargot and ceasar salad made the right way table side.....

Pic of S&T

http://i2photobucket.com/albums/y5/chrisbeverly1/1234.bmp

OOPS...let's try this again....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=11275066&postcount=89

You'll love the Conquest and you'll be stunned by The Pointe... and don't forget to stop by Sur Mer for some great fish and chips!!!

Yes, thank you. I made them in October. I'm maybe just a little bit, okay, maybe a lot, obsessive/possessed.

I'm looking forward to Sur Mer; it sounds wonderful!

By the way, I've enjoyed reading your comments about the Conquest since I found this site, you have made her come alive to us.

Kathy of the HavinsNest

Yes, thank you. I made them in October. I'm maybe just a little bit, okay, maybe a lot, obsessive/possessed.

I'm looking forward to Sur Mer; it sounds wonderful!

By the way, I've enjoyed reading your comments about the Conquest since I found this site, you have made her come alive to us.

Kathy of the HavinsNest

My words were totally inadequate to convey the true depth of what I felt. It felt like home. It felt like family. According to others who have sailed her recently I'm not alone in my views.

I'm not sure what it is about that ship or the waters she sails but the romance is amazing. If you shed the jaded eyes we tend to take with us in our every day lives and look with the eyes of a child you'll be stunned by what you see. I certainly was.

I'm not sure what it is about that ship or the waters she sails but the romance is amazing. If you shed the jaded eyes we tend to take with us in our every day lives and look with the eyes of a child you'll be stunned by what you see. I certainly was.

You, my dear, are a true romantic.

I excite very easily. My husband, not so much. But thanks to these boards and things I quoted from you he is as excited as I am.

It is going to be a fabulous anniversary and Christmas!

If not, you can do so at this site:

http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&n=28

I have really enjoyed your reviews and comments about the Conquest.

I have one question for you. How long does it take to receive a confirmation for your reservations at the Pointe? It has been at least two weeks since we put in our request and haven't received anything yet.

Thanks,

ED

I have one question for you. How long does it take to receive a confirmation for your reservations at the Pointe? It has been at least two weeks since we put in our request and haven't received anything yet.

Thanks,

ED

It can easily take two to three business weeks. Not to worry, however. If push comes to shove you can post directly on John's blog (www.johnhealdsblog.com) start your message with 'Not for publication' and tell Roberto about your missing reservation. I can guarantee you that you'll receive prompt attention.

Give it one more week and then go the more direct route.

Thanks,

ED

it took me about 10 working days

It can easily take two to three business weeks. Not to worry, however. If push comes to shove you can post directly on John's blog (www.johnhealdsblog.com) start your message with 'Not for publication' and tell Roberto about your missing reservation. I can guarantee you that you'll receive prompt attention.

Give it one more week and then go the more direct route.

Thanks for the advice. We still have 67 days 'til departure but after reading these reviews I'm already hungry.

You, my dear, are a true romantic.

Ahhh... probably not so much... just another duck on this pond paddling like mad to stay afloat...

I excite very easily. My husband, not so much. But thanks to these boards and things I quoted from you he is as excited as I am.

You are far too generous. I'm thrilled that I could convey a little bit of what I experienced and that it meant something to you.

It is going to be a fabulous anniversary and Christmas!

I have no doubt, no doubt at all. Have a wonderful cruise. Spend just a bit of time doing nothing other than gazing at the sea. It does wonders for the soul.

Mach

Brian26.. was there live music in the Pointe? I've eaten at two supper clubs.. on the Legend and the Liberty. Loved both and I really enjoyed the music. I was hoping that it was standard in all the supper clubs.

In the Pointe, do they seat you by reservation at separate tables, or as in the dining room? I want this treat for myself, but cannot convince my (on the cruise she turns 20) daughter to come with me. A table of one is OK, but I know I would enjoy it more if it were shared with others... Do they have group tables?

The Poterhouse and dessert looks too good to pass -- but I LOVE escargot!!!! The more garlic the better... (maybe I'd better get that table for one... all by myself)

LK

In the Pointe, do they seat you by reservation at separate tables, or as in the dining room? I want this treat for myself, but cannot convince my (on the cruise she turns 20) daughter to come with me. A table of one is OK, but I know I would enjoy it more if it were shared with others... Do they have group tables?

The Poterhouse and dessert looks too good to pass -- but I LOVE escargot!!!! The more garlic the better... (maybe I'd better get that table for one... all by myself)

LK

Nope... purely by reservation. It doesn't work like main dining. However, that doesn't preclude you from meeting someone and adding them to your table! I'm sure that they would be glad to convert a reservation for one to a reservation for two.

Glad some of you had a good experience. I must say it was quiet and serene, but definitely not 5 star service when we ate there in August 07. I have eaten at several true 5 star restaurants over the years and from my experience, they should anticipate your needs. You shouldn't have to ask for butter for the bread or drink refills. High quality wait staff is friendly but quietly reserved, not sullen and speechless. All the food was good with the exception of my lobster, which almost tasted like it had been re-warmed or something. Would probably go again as a treat for my wife, but I would only give it about a 3.5

Archived