shopping in Coz

Cshell5

After going to Chakanaab park, I want to go shopping. Where is the best place to go? I don't want to buy diamonds, just shirts and purses, etc. Where should we tell the taxi driver to take us? Last time he took us to an area by Carlos and Charlies and all I saw were very expensive jewelry stores.

Have him drop you at Pancho's Backyard. It's a restaurant at the end of the strip and you can start there and just walk. If you want to buy those kinds of items make sure you bargain. It's at the point that they throw you a high price to start out just to see if you take the bait.

Happy shopping!!!

Have him drop you at Pancho's Backyard. It's a restaurant at the end of the strip and you can start there and just walk. If you want to buy those kinds of items make sure you bargain. It's at the point that they throw you a high price to start out just to see if you take the bait.

Happy shopping!!!

Why would you have the taxi take you to a restaurant if you want to shop?

Have the taxi take you to Los Cinco Soles, which is 5 blocks north of the Plaza. Start there, then head away from the water front which is where the expensive stores are located. Go back from the water front a few blocks and the prices get cheaper.

Ummm, I suggested this as a starting point because it's near the end, right next to or behind Los Cinco Soles isn't it?

Yes, they are right next to each other, so you can have a margarita before you shop, :D and then just walk from the restaurant directly into Los Cinco Soles.

• 2 weeks later...

when i was in Cozumel I wanted to pick up some authentic Mexican souvenirs. I saw some purses, shawls, etc that I thought looked nice (I'm a man, though, so what do i know) but when I took a closer look, they were made in China!

when i was in Cozumel I wanted to pick up some authentic Mexican souvenirs. I saw some purses, shawls, etc that I thought looked nice (I'm a man, though, so what do i know) but when I took a closer look, they were made in China!
:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
What is Los Cinco Soles?? Is it a shopping area or a store?

It is a store. All the prices are marked so there is no haggling. They take credit cards with on added fee. I really like shopping there. I know I'm not getting the stuff for the lowest possible price, but the overall experience is worth it to ME.

Here are some Los Cinco Soles photos

lsc1.jpg

lcs2.jpg

lcs3.jpg

lcs4.jpg

Just curious. Someone wants me to pick up Vanilla for them in Coz. What kind should I be looking for, or not looking for.

The bottle needs to say Natural, not artifical.

vanilla.jpg

And this isn't from Los Cinco Soles, but it is a bottle of vanilla I bought in Cozumel.

vanilla-front.JPG

and

vanilla-side.JPG

If you get Vanilla make sure that it is courmarin free.

Courmarin

Coumarin is a the bad guy of the vanilla industry. It is derived from the Brazilian tonka bean from Dipteryx ordorata, a tree. The bean can be used to make flavoring very similar to vanilla. Sadly the concoction is dreadfully toxic and can cause liver damage and is a know carcinogen.

Coumarin is used extensively in synthetic vanillas manufactured in Mexico. The U.S. banned imports of the coumarin laced products back in the 1950's. Unfortunately the products still make their way into the U.S.

If you purchase any Mexican vanilla make sure it is clearly labeled "courmarin free".

Archived