I would attend the Meet & Mingle if???

Ronrocks!

Hey everyone. With all the recent attention given to the Meet & Mingle over the past few days I thought this would be an interesting thread to start. I've been reading on the threads that many people do attend the official Meet & Mingle for one reason or another. What I would like to know is what RCCL and other lines could do to increase attendance? What are your thoughts and ideas???:o

For me it's simple:

1. I would like for the Captain to attend or at least drop by. I understand he is busy with ship duties but I am sure he could stop in.

2. Maybe free cocktails for at least an hour while there.

1. don't hold it during meal hours

2. don't hold it when Sexy Legs, Belly Flop, or Parade of Nations is going on, do it during Bingo. :)

3. Maybe have the activity staff assigned do 1 Trivia game (like ship trivia), forcing us to break into teams and mingling. Some have just said "its your party, so mingle". They need to say, "starting with you, please stand and state your CC screen name and real name."

1. don't hold it during meal hours

2. don't hold it when Sexy Legs, Belly Flop, or Parade of Nations is going on, do it during Bingo. :)

3. Maybe have the activity staff assigned do 1 Trivia game (like ship trivia), forcing us to break into teams and mingling. Some have just said "its your party, so mingle". They need to say, "starting with you, please stand and state your CC screen name and real name."

I agree. I've heard that sometimes the staff treat the Meet & Mingle as if it were an inconvenience to them. You would think that they would use this as a marketing tool. Maybe have a booking agent come to the party and offer an extra discount for those who are there. The catch being that they must book while the party is in progress.

You are so right. M & M is a guessing game, depending on the attitude brought to the get together by the CD or the Asst CD or the Asst to the ASST CD, etc.

I would think the discount idea would be a winner as would the adult beverage idea...Maybe a discoutn coupon for any drink onboard so they don't have to prepare bar service or anything for the meeting.

The best ones we have ever attended seem to be the ones where the group is lively and active versus sitting back and waiting to be entertained.

I guess I am kindof the opposite from some of you. I do not want the Loyalty Ambassador there at all unless s/he just introduces themselves and leaves. The last one I went to on Rhapsody started off as an informercial by the LA and then turned into a Q&A/gripe session between a guy with his small children and the LA!

I just want the place reserved for a time for us to meet! We can do the rest ourselves. We don't need name tags and are not looking for freebies from the cruiseline. We just want to meet each other.

I just want the place reserved for a time for us to meet! We can do the rest ourselves. We don't need name tags and are not looking for freebies from the cruiseline. We just want to meet each other.

Well said! It's a meet and greet to put faces with names and perhaps get to klnow one another. How it goes depends upon the group.

I mentioned this on another thread, but here goes. I would like the Captain or Hotel Director or at least someone of import to show up and talk with us. We are taking time out from our cruise to be there and although I think it's nice that RCI provides snacks and juice etc. that they send someone who can talk with us and let us know we are appreciated.

Usually, it's been someone, a Bingo person, from the cruise staff who welcomes us as we come in and then does the drawings/raffles and leaves.

Our last Meet N Mingle on Mariner was a lot of fun because we had talked a lot before the cruise on the roll call. We also did a gift exchange which was fun.

I do believe the word has gotten out how boring most of these have been so people don't show up. It's also a matter of timing. I know no time is good for everyone. But to schedule a M&M at the time something else is going on that would interest a lot of the people is silly.

Many times the informal meetings on the first day of the cruise at one of the bars is more fun. People are relaxed, excited and have the time to meet others.

With all my complaints, I do appreciate the fact that RCI does this for us. It is a nice gesture, just needs some refinement.

Well we have over 65 people signed up for our Meet & Mingle next week. I only hope they all show up. We have a wide age group but we all seem to get along on-line. I just wish the cruise lines would do something to help keep them interesting and the numbers up. Maybe it was a bad idea to suggest having someone from the bookings to show up. I just thought that since most of the CC members are loyal cruisers and spend a great deal of money each year on cruising it would be a good idea to give a little something back. Of course this will be my first on RCCL but I hope that it's the first of MANY to come!!:D

I mentioned this on another thread, but here goes. I would like the Captain or Hotel Director or at least someone of import to show up and talk with us. We are taking time out from our cruise to be there and although I think it's nice that RCI provides snacks and juice etc. that they send someone who can talk with us and let us know we are appreciated.

Usually, it's been someone, a Bingo person, from the cruise staff who welcomes us as we come in and then does the drawings/raffles and leaves.

Our last Meet N Mingle on Mariner was a lot of fun because we had talked a lot before the cruise on the roll call. We also did a gift exchange which was fun.

I do believe the word has gotten out how boring most of these have been so people don't show up. It's also a matter of timing. I know no time is good for everyone. But to schedule a M&M at the time something else is going on that would interest a lot of the people is silly.

Many times the informal meetings on the first day of the cruise at one of the bars is more fun. People are relaxed, excited and have the time to meet others.

With all my complaints, I do appreciate the fact that RCI does this for us. It is a nice gesture, just needs some refinement.

I totally agree with you. I've already heard how many of our roll call members plan to attend the sail away meeting and not the official Meet & Mingle for the very reasons you stated. Our Meet & Mingle has already been posted so I hope it doesn't conflict with another activity I want to attend.:(

Motivated and excited people.

Motivated and excited Cruise Staff..... I've seen unmotivated CD staff in action and it is a sad sad thing. Hearing it from people who have been

is disheartening.

Having the Captain even pass through the room with a "hey folks, gotta run" with a smile on his face.

The choice of venue used for the event communicates volumes about how the Staff feels about the event.

I want the Staff to care about getting the invitations and timing down and communicated to the guests.

I want RCCL to have and show concern when they screw up the data structure that holds the M&M data. If they keep loosing it, what are they doing to prevent this, and why is there no communication about what is going on? ( Laura?)

The lack of an M&M won't ruin my cruise.

It feels like RCCL doesn't really care about the M&M's which is far worse than not having it at all.... a poorly run appreciation program is like a slap in the face...if you can't get it done right, please just don;t bother and we can Meet and Mingle on our own and have a great time without the swag... :)

We attended a Meet & Mingle on NCL and were impressed to see several department heads as well as lots of good food. The directors of each department handed out their business cards so we could contact them if we had any issues during the cruise. They were very informative about future cruise itineraries.

My DD agreed that RCCL needs to make improvements to the Meet & Mingle.

I would appreciate at least one free coctail. We prefer the Meet & Mingle on the first sea day around 2pm. We'll be sailing Explorer Feb 3, so I wish I could see these suggestions implemented. I doubt it, but I'll attend anyways just to meet all my new friends from CC. It's fun to put a face to the name.

The reason I go is to meet the freinds I have made on the roll calls, I do not care about the rest. Before M&M's we had rubber band parties to meet these people. If you are only going for the freebies, do not bother, you are not doing us any favors. I mean a person who posts once to a roll call and then wins the prizes at the M&M, well it just does not seem fair.

I think that expecting free drinks is greedy.

It's a whole different ball game if you are asking them to run this like a cocktail party.

The point is to meet F2F with people who until then had only been typed words on the internet.

The little giveaways are nice, but not necessary to accomplish the purpose of a Meet 'n' Mingle: Meeting and mingling!

A representative of the cruiseline with a warm and outgoing personality can help a lot, but s/he doesn't have to be bringing bling or booze to accomplish this.

:)

JMO YMMV

The reason I go is to meet the freinds I have made on the roll calls, I do not care about the rest. Before M&M's we had rubber band parties to meet these people. If you are only going for the freebies, do not bother, you are not doing us any favors. I mean a person who posts once to a roll call and then wins the prizes at the M&M, well it just does not seem fair.

And I agree with Barbara, who was posting at the same time that I was! ;)

I have seen the "prizes" go to someone who didn't post AT ALL on the Roll Call, but walks in with friends, makes up a name, and puts it into the drawing! :eek:

And I agree with Barbara, who was posting at the same time that I was! ;)

I have seen the "prizes" go to someone who didn't post AT ALL on the Roll Call, but walks in with friends, makes up a name, and puts it into the drawing! :eek:

I am sure if we met at an M&M we would have a great time. But I guess it is the same as those who go on a cruise and do nothing but whine, it all depends on your attitude, I go places and make my own fun!:D

On our last one we had our own versions, those that broke 2,000 up to 7,000 and so on and we had a gift exchange a little something from our home town. Now I know the RCI mouse is coveted, but since I use a wireless mouse it is useless to me. We were such a close knit group most of us stayed in the same hotel per cruise. So the gifts from friends are cherished.

I just say if you do not even post on the roll call, do not bother to register for the M&M;)

I've been to all of the M&M's on my cruises and some have been great, some have been so-so.

The best was probably on Navigator where the Captain's wife -- who lived with him on the ship -- came to the M&M and really gave us a picture of what life was like onboard. That was the first one I attended where they gave out any prizes.

I haven't been to any where the staff who attended didn't seem to care... I've been to some where the CC members didn't seem to care. Really - I think those gatherings are what the members make of them.

I do think RCCL could do a better job of scheduling. We've had some scheduled for formal night just before dinner... so we've had to literally pop in and say "Hello, this is us!" and leave to avoid keeping our table mates waiting. We've had others scheduled later in the week, and by then, most of us have already arranged some kind of bar get-together.

Unfortunately, our upcoming M&M is scheduled for smack in the middle of the first sunny sea day and I'm not about to give up my coveted pool side beach chair!

Hey everyone. With all the recent attention given to the Meet & Mingle over the past few days I thought this would be an interesting thread to start. I've been reading on the threads that many people do attend the official Meet & Mingle for one reason or another. What I would like to know is what RCCL and other lines could do to increase attendance? What are your thoughts and ideas???:o

For me it's simple:

1. I would like for the Captain to attend or at least drop by. I understand he is busy with ship duties but I am sure he could stop in.

2. Maybe free cocktails for at least an hour while there.

I would attend the Meet & Mingle if ....

a) They give me a preprinted complaint form with a free cocktail.

b) They give me a 25% discount of a future cruise (otherwise I must use the form in a) )

c) They give me $100 OBC with another free cocktail (otherwise I must use the form in a) )

if b) and c) do not happen I need to rewrite a) I need two forms (minimum)

Seriously, I have never attended an M&M.

Archived