Various Cruise tips

We were at the front of the ship on our last cruise. It was rough the first couple of days and nights. But the motion doesn't bother me and my partner takes Bonine and says that keeps him from feeling sick.

Our cabin was assigned as a guarantee--and that's the risk of booking a guarantee. If you are prone to motion sickness and really need to be in the middle of the ship, don't book a guarantee cabin.

• 4 weeks later...
:):)I came across a website that has a bunch of good cruise tips. One tip really struck a chord: get a cabin in the middle of the ship. Our last cabin was in the front: BIG mistake! We felt every wave on that cruise!

anyway, the website is

www.cruiseelf.com

Happy cruising!

Irene

Excellent website- thank you very much :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip - everyone who has cruised more than one time knows this. Some learn it the hard way. It is good advice for newbies.

We had a middle cabin, middle level, on our very first cruise. Now we always book a cabin at the top and towards the front. Yes, we do feel every wave we go over but the cabins are a little bigger and are taken care of a little better. The carpet, sofa, charis, etc don't seem to be as worn. As long as we wear the patch behind our ears we don't get sick. We might feel a little drunk, without having getting drunk, but we don't get sea sick. At least so far, we haven't gotten sick.

Archived