Back from Mexican Riviera on the Pride -- any questions?

Stacey779

Cabo: My family took a white van ($7USD) to Hotel ME (Nikki Beach Restaurant ) We had two big "mattress beds with pillows/umbrellas" on the beach. We had lots to drink and had lunch on the beach. Although some had said we would have to pay to use their beach, the bartender just said enjoy the beach (A roped off section for the hotel. It did keep some beach vendors back a bit). We spent $100 including tip for the 5 of us for 4 hours of pleasure.

Did you simply go to the beach and talk to the bartender or check in with the front desk first? I checked out the the web site and the beach looks lovely.

• 2 weeks later...
Cabo: My family took a white van ($7USD) to Hotel ME (Nikki Beach Restaurant ) We had two big "mattress beds with pillows/umbrellas" on the beach. We had lots to drink and had lunch on the beach. Although some had said we would have to pay to use their beach, the bartender just said enjoy the beach (A roped off section for the hotel. It did keep some beach vendors back a bit). We spent $100 including tip for the 5 of us for 4 hours of pleasure.

Did you simply go to the beach and talk to the bartender or check in with the front desk first? I checked out the the web site and the beach looks lovely.

Hello, I'd like to know the answer to this question as well. Do we need to go to the front desk first?

My family and I are cruising to the Mexican Riviera in March. Are there a lot of shops and nice beaches within walking distance from the docks at each port of call? Also, is it best to use US dollars or pesos when purchasing souvenirs?

Sounds like you had a fabulous time! Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

My family did the canopy zip lines through Carnival and had no problem with any timing. We even had enough time when it was over to eat dinner in port and go out on another excursion - but that was a reeeeeeally long day, heh.

My family and I are cruising to the Mexican Riviera in March. Are there a lot of shops and nice beaches within walking distance from the docks at each port of call? Also, is it best to use US dollars or pesos when purchasing souvenirs?

Sounds like you had a fabulous time! Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

i dont know what ports you are visiting ,but in cabo , theres medano beach which is nice,you take a water taxi there

and use US DOLLARS,, in mexico,

Thanks for your response, Melika! We'll be stopping in Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. We usually like to return to the ship for lunch and in case the girls get tired, so we were hoping to do some shopping and visit the beach when in port........hopefully within walking distance. So if you have any other suggestions, that would be great!

Also thanks for the suggestion of using US dollars. This will be much easier for us too.

If you rent ATV's just be thinking and have resect for others that are on the beaches, many are not allowing them on the beaches because too many people have gotten hurt or run over if they are taking in the sun. If you see horses on the beach, don't try to scare them or run behind them you can easily circumvent them and just use your heads. ATV's can be a reall hastle on the beach!!! I know, DH and I were in Mazatlan with our kids and the ATV'S scared them, not the horses so much but our kids, 11 and 13.

Just a word of advise and I hope it helps you ATV riders to take care and keep the ATV's available.

Scruffers

Archived