Balcony on Aloha deck-Grand Princess

shofer

We were on the Aloha deck on the Coral Princess and had a covered balcony. Not to sure what to expect on the Grand. Are they fully or partially covered? And how big are they? Just big enough for 2 chairs and a small table? There is such a difference between decks and balcony sizes. Thanks for any info.

DH and I had a balcony cabin toward aft on Aloha on the Grand and the balcony was just large enough for 2 chairs and a small table. It was just fine for the 2 of us and we spent some very relaxing time out there. The cabin was also very convenient to the adult pool back there on that deck and to the Horizon court The balcony was completely covered.

We also had the same category on the Caribe deck on another cruise on the Grand Princess. The balcony was much larger and half covered and half exposed. This was the best deal ever! If you can grab a Caribe deck balcony cabin do so, but you will do fine on Aloha deck as well.

thanks, Charlsee. We are close now to leaving but will remember that for the next cruise. We were happy with the balcony on Coral since it's just the 2 of us per cabin. We are taking DD/SIL, DS/DIL on their first cruise and very excited about sharing our love of cruising with them. Looking forward to seeing the Super Bowl on MUTS in the warm Caribbean weather.

I think the Grand is a sister to the Golden....I'm not sure though, so this information could be all wrong. We were on the Golden over Thanksgiving in an Aloha balcony cabin. The balcony was covered, it would fit 2 chairs and a small table and it was NOISY. We were underneath the chairs and tables that were right next to the pizza by the pool stand. All day long all we heard was people scooching (?) their chairs and tables above us. Even on formal night we heard ladies in their high heels walking along the deck above. I suppose it was our location, but we won't ever book an Aloha again just in case. At night it wasn't very bad because the pizza and pool were closed.

For that matter, we won't book Princess again, but that is explained elsewhere.

I think the Grand is a sister to the Golden....I'm not sure though, so this information could be all wrong. We were on the Golden over Thanksgiving in an Aloha balcony cabin. The balcony was covered, it would fit 2 chairs and a small table and it was NOISY. We were underneath the chairs and tables that were right next to the pizza by the pool stand. All day long all we heard was people scooching (?) their chairs and tables above us. Even on formal night we heard ladies in their high heels walking along the deck above. I suppose it was our location, but we won't ever book an Aloha again just in case. At night it wasn't very bad because the pizza and pool were closed.

When we were on the Coral last February, we did not have any noise from above us on the pool deck at all. I think we were positioned more to the aft and not under the pool directly which seems to be the case with this cruise as well. Thanks to all for their comments.

We are new to Princess last year but Celebrity is our favorite so far. We chose Princess again this year because Celebrity did not have a ship in the Western Caribbean at this time of year. We have found the lines to be somewhat comparable with mostly little things giving the edge to Celebrity. This will be our kids first cruise.

Archived